Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-31-20, 06:41 PM  
pgun3

workouts on usb

What size USB do you use for storing your workouts on?
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 11:47 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I use external drive... 2TB. I ripped most of my DVDs.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 06:57 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I use external drive... 2TB. I ripped most of my DVDs.
Thank you, I already have a mycloud external hard drive. I thought had seen somewhere that some have used a thumb drive. Wondering if I should have 2 separate places to save them.
Old 02-01-20, 07:34 PM  
Messe

I have all my Cathe Live downloads on a 128-GB USB drive that I keep plugged into my TV. They're also on my laptop, which I back up regularly to a 2-TB external drive.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 07:52 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I have all my Cathe Live downloads on a 128-GB USB drive that I keep plugged into my TV. They're also on my laptop, which I back up regularly to a 2-TB external drive.
thanks I will look for a usb that size
Old 02-01-20, 10:33 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I do that too... except both backup and plugged to the TV are 2 TB. They are reasonably priced.
Old 02-02-20, 07:36 AM  
jackie7

How do you copy downloads or DVDs to a USB device?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 08:53 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

You have to ripped the DVDs. I use Freemake mostly. There's also Handbrake, DVDFab DVDShrink, etc.
Old 02-02-20, 11:34 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Thank you, I already have a mycloud external hard drive. I thought had seen somewhere that some have used a thumb drive. Wondering if I should have 2 separate places to save them.
Just curious why do you use the cloud? Do you travel a lot? I assume you pay for the cloud? If you are using it just for home workout, you don't need the cloud. Just use an external drive... there's no recurring charges and you are only limited on the size of your drive.

I usually just put my workout on the computer/phone for travel. Of course, I don't travel much, just a week at a time. Sometimes I use that as my 'time off' or slow days (walking).
Old 02-02-20, 05:04 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Just curious why do you use the cloud? Do you travel a lot? I assume you pay for the cloud? If you are using it just for home workout, you don't need the cloud. Just use an external drive... there's no recurring charges and you are only limited on the size of your drive.

I usually just put my workout on the computer/phone for travel. Of course, I don't travel much, just a week at a time. Sometimes I use that as my 'time off' or slow days (walking).
Actually it's an external hard drive 4 TB not an actual cloud so it's plenty big enough. I'm too cheap to pay for a virtual cloud. I am just thinking that I would like to have 2 places to store my workouts and was not sure what size usb drive I should get because I am totally unsure of the amount of space a video takes up.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-c...?skuId=2832018

Tags
digital, digital storage, storage