Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-19, 03:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Welcome BAck

Even with Herds of Turds, you are always welcome Susan!!! (But you know that!) So good to see you again and so sorry about your MIL's passing and the drama. I don't need nor do I like drama of any sort in my life. I've reached an age where I just try to walk away, but sometimes it cannot be avoided and it sure sounds like you were thrown in to that situation!!!!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I think it's Denis Morton (Peloton of course!) who says it's another trip around the moon? Or to the moon? or something like that. I kinda like the way that sounds.

Here's to a new month!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 04:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thank you for starting our thread! That stinks about the picture format thing. Glad hubby and DD survived the jump! Hope you are fully healed soon.
Kay - we have been super dry as well. Until today, that is! It has been drizzling all day.
Mena - good news about Biggie! Congratulations on 30 for 30! Very impressive!
Cleda - of course you signed up! We didn't doubt you would for a minute! Glad you enjoyed Downton Abbey. We need to go see that soon, before it's too late.
Susan - sorry about your loss and all the drama. Sometimes working out just has to wait. It sounds like you got right back into, though, so that's good.

I'd start with Monday, but I don't think I did a workout. Still working on the bathroom, so not slacking, just too tired.
Tuesday - Jessica's Steady State Cardio from YouTube.
Wednesday - a dog walk and Jillian's Backside. This was my first time with this and I found it very intense. Luckily it is also short, so I could mostly keep up.
Thursday - 20 minutes with Leslie and 20 minutes with Up To The Beat Fitness, both on YouTube.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 07:05 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

The workouts

10/2/2019: Peloton 60 minute Matt Power Zone and 5 minute post ride stretch

10/3/2019: Matt Wilper's 45 minute power zone workout, Christine's Interval and arms ride (30 mins)** and a stretch

** decided I needed to vary some of my intensity. Power Zone is great and they do have some intense rides, but not today. Today was endurance, so I tacked on CDE's and boy oh boy ... it was great. I also needed arms, so It combined the workout.

Waves to all ....
Need to get supper on the table.
Cleda
Old 10-07-19, 09:18 AM  
mena

Thu 10/3 - Classical Stretch (S10E20)
Fri 10/4 - Jane Fonda - Walkout (Level 1 walk)
Sat 10/5 - Rest Day
Sun 10/6 - Jessica Smith - Walk On Fast Fat Burners (Dance Party walk)
Mon 10/7 - Cathe - Ripped w/Hiit - Circuit Upper Body (no blasts premix)

Thanks everyone for acknowledging Biggie. I'm still so happy when I think about how much better she is doing. Her coat is so shiny and healthy looking and the added weight looks better. She no longer looks like such an old cat. I'm grateful that we had the money to do this.

Cleda - Seeing the movie 3 times--you are a Downton Abbey SUPER FAN! I agree with you that it was too short and must have been difficult to try to get in a story line for all the characters. I plan on getting the DVD also.

Susan - Sorry about your MIL and all the drama. Deaths in families sure does bring out everyone's feelings. Maybe it's all too much and people let things out that they normally would hold back.

On a brighter note, Happy Birthday !

Waves to Helen, Lili and Kay!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 08:12 AM  
mena

Tues 10/8 - The Firm - Parts Lower Body Sculpting
Old 10-08-19, 05:11 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

How do I get so far behind?

10/4 - Firm Lower Body Sculpt II plus a dog walk.
10/5 - 45 minute dog walk.
10/6 - Firm Super Body Sculpt
10/7 - 1 Mile HIIT with Leslie's crew, Power Walk with Up to the Beat Fitness and a dog walk.
10/8 - I started a Get Healthy U walk & sculpt, but it froze on me after 19 minutes, so after some floundering, I did 3 Miles with Leslie from Walk for your Week, or something like that.

While I was working out, my Fitbit ran out of battery! And of course I just joined a StepBet today! The first week doesn't count, but I've always done it anyway. Once I'm charged up, I'll see how I feel.

Waves to all, I'll say hello next time!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 08:53 AM  
mena

Wed 10/9 - Namaste Yoga - S1E3 (Firebird)

Lili - That stinks about your Fitbit battery running out. It's funny how dependent we have all become on our various "toys" being charged that it feels like a real let down when the internet goes down or a battery runs out. I get kind of annoyed at my DH when he forgets to plug in the Ipad at night before he goes to bed, and I wake up to only like 20 percent battery life .

Waves to Everyone!
Old 10-10-19, 05:41 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Hey ladies!!

MENA, I am so happy for you about Biggie! I lost a kitty to hyperthyroidism about 5 years ago. . . I am so glad that Biggie is going to be OK! We can't live without our kitties.

Helen, "at least you're using two hands now" -?? I am out of the loop. . . what happened? Did you have an injury? And by "jump" do you mean someone jumped out of a perfectly good airplane? Crazy.

Kay, do I remember correctly that you are in Tennessee? Gosh, late summer was so miserable here in the heart of America. . . It was in the 90s until after my birthday. AND I HATE THE 90S. Gosh I thought I was going to go INSANE before the weather finally broke! --I hate heat. Bring on the snow and cold! Love that.

Lilli, what's up with your bathroom? Redecorating? I'd love to redo my bathroom. . . I am saving up for it. My bathroom is black and gold. (where is a barfing emoticon when you need one?). Also, sympathies on the battery pooping out mid-workout. I'm actually considering replacing my two year old Versa with a Polar device. Just feeling kinda done with fitbit.

Cleda, how's your October going? You've made it 1/3 of the way! And of course we all have faith in you. . . but we would also esteem you even if you didn't make your goal! Because, ya know, Cleda. What else is there to say?

So this week:

Saturday: Cathe's Pyramid Lower, Pyramid up only
Sunday: Cathe's pyramid upper, pyramid up only
Monday: 3 miles with Leslie!
Tuesday: Barre Amped Bounce, upper/abs, thighs, glutes
Wednesday: conscious decision to have rest day.
Thur: missed working out before work but I am going to do at least a half hour of step tonight as soon as I get changed out of my scrubs!

The hubster is job-hunting/interviewing and all that, so lots of emotional ups and downs with that. As soon as he's settled, I'm going to do the same; my current job is not happy, although I appreciate the regular schedule. Right now I'm just slogging through my days. I just don't love being a manager and a step away from patient care. Also, managing nurses is like herding cats. . . I'm glad I am trying it, certainly. I am learning a lot. But it's not a win for this girl. Waiting for the husband to settle first, though. We're taking turns quitting. HAHAHAHA!!!!!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 08:40 AM  
mena

Thu 10/10 - Jessica Smith WS3 - Total Body. This was a really good strength workout. Why don't I reach for it more often?

Fri 10/11 - Namaste Yoga S1E4 (Gate Opening)

I tried to post yesterday but my computer had other ideas. It doesn't seem to be working well today either so I hope this will post.

Susan - Job searching is a horrible rollercoaster of emotions. I hope your DH gets a position soon. It is so stressful and can really suck all the joy out of life until you get something. Good luck to him.

Sorry to hear about your kitty. I'm so grateful that there was a place relatively close to us (30 to 40 min away depending on traffic). Biggie is a changed cat.

Happy Friday to Everyone.
Old 10-11-19, 08:41 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking In

Good Morning Ladies and Lurkers!!!

Figure I better post now before the days/weeks get away from me and my usual novel ends up even LONGER.

Lili: There's a blast from my past: STEPBET. wow. haven't looked at or participated in ions. Maybe I should look at them (I think I may even have a credit with them) and see what my average would be now (maybe 2 or 3k.) Not kidding! Biking doesn't add steps. At any rate. I'm sorry yours went out that quick. With the ONE, I get a warning, but it still can last all day (I get an email from them when it's low). AND I should mention that it goes weeks between charges. Another reason I love the ONE, wish they still had it and stocked up on them while they did.

Susan:
So good to hear from you. I stayed in a job farrrrr too long that was miserable the last 3 years. I was miserable. I have switched and just passed my one year anniversary and I am still thrilled and happy with my new office, my co workers and life. It makes such a HUGE difference, which I know you know and when hubster changes and gets settled, it will be your turn.

Waves to everyone else. . I have to post and get to the bills, budget and hop on the bike before the day gets away from me (as it so easily can)

10/4/2019 (good buddy!) sorry - 10-4 .. never mind ~~~ Matt Wilpers 45 minute power Zone ride, Christine's Intervals & arms ride (30 minustes), 5 minute stretch (all Peloton)

10/5/2019: Peloton's meditation (don't fall over!) I'm on the "every day in October" so rest days are not allowed and I thought meditation might be good. Now if I could only stay awake long enough to really hear it.

10/6/2019: Denis Morton's 30 minute Power Zone ride (as scheduled ) and then Christine's 60 minute ride cuz I needed some CDE.

10/7/2019: Matt Wilpers 30 mins. Power Zone Ride, Christine's 5 minute cool down ride** plus a 5 minute stretch

10/8/2019: Matt's 30 minute Power Zone ride, 5 minute CDE cool down ride, 5 minute stretch

10/9/2019: Meditation (again!)

10/10/2019: FTP warm up ride and then redid the FTP Test, 10 minute cool down ride with Christine, 5 minute stretch

** I've taken to doing the cool down rides to flush out my legs. I think it helps in being less sore the next day. Love it.

And obviously, we are in the wind down for this challenge as most of the rides are 30 mins.

I had no improvement on my FTP (it actually went down by a point) and I'm not surprised. 8 weeks is not a lot to see a huge difference in power and I'm ok with that. I will do the next challenge and maybe have a change after that. Either way? I'm still doing my body good and that's the important thing. Only 2 more rides left for this challenge and then 2 weeks off.

Off to exercise.
Later
Cleda