Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-17, 10:56 AM  
antbuko

I passed the Insta Pot display in Walmart yesterday and once again I was tempted. They had it for $79. I am must afraid I won't use it.

Sherry, how are you enjoying yours?
Old 02-22-17, 12:02 PM  
sherry7899

Helen-to be honest I have not used it again since making eggs and steel cut oats. I will likely make some tomato basil soup, and more oats (trying a different recipe) and hard boiled eggs again over the next few days.

I did not know they had them in Walmart.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-17, 07:32 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I think there are two different products - the Instant Pot made in Canada and mainly available in the US through Amazon and the Insta Pot which is Wal-Mart's version. No idea how they compare. I have the Canadian version.

Actually, I have two since I live in more than one place. I also have two glass lids for each one since I really just use it as a slow cooker that sautés. All four times I have ordered a lid I had to do a backorder to get one since they were never in stock, but they always came much sooner than predicted.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 07:59 PM  
antbuko

I checked the Instant Pot website and it lists Walmart, along with Amazon and a few other retailers as where to buy. I have it on my Amazon wishlist. It'd make a good mother's day gift or maybe there will be a black Friday sale.
Old 03-09-17, 08:18 AM  
sherry7899

Has anyone made "regular" pasta in the Instant pot? The Detoxinista blog posted a recipe for vegan macaroni and cheese, but it uses gluten free pasta. I am not vegan but curious enough to try the recipe using pasta that does have gluten.

I made a blueberry steel cut oatmeal recipe from This Old Gal's site, and it is delicious. I did not used the dried blueberries, though. I just used more fresh ones instead. I think toasting the oats made a big difference in the flavor in a good way.

Old 03-09-17, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sherry, I read on the Instant Pot Vegan group on Facebook that gluten free pasta unfortunately comes out limp or even falling apart. It looks like such a cool method, too.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:50 AM  
sherry7899

I was actually planning on using "regular" pasta, not gluten free
Megan from Detoxinista had good luck using gluten free in her recipe if you want to try it-maybe try the specific brand she posted about?

http://detoxinista.com/2017/03/insta...-mac-n-cheese/

Someone posted their stomach did not like the nutritional yeast, so now I'm leery to try it.

Old 03-09-17, 10:39 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

One thing I've made several times in my IP is dulce de leche from condensed milk. It is amazing on ice cream and other desserts. I'm using it in an ice cream cake this weekend.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:44 AM  
gladgirl

I have been using my IP at least 2-4 times a week. Yesterday I made the Zupa Toscana from the FB IP group. Tweaked it for my family's likes and it disappeared. They absolutely loved it. Great hearty soup.

I am hoping to try a cheesecake soon. Any tried and true recipes you can recommend? Any tips? I need to get a pan to bake it first. Any pans you like?

So far, every recipe (even my own) turned out amazing and my whole family is utterly amazed at this gadget!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:17 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Gladgirl - The zupa toscana sounds amazing! Did you make this recipe, I found it on the IP community FB page:
https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cook...-italian-soup/

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instant pot, nutritional yeast, steel cut oats