Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-19, 05:26 PM  
ardnas

Inversion Table questions

I recently bought an inversion table and just used it for the first time today. I have & use Spine-Worx, a lower back stretcher, and the Lo-Bak Trax, but am hoping the table will help with back pain, sciatica, scoliosis.

I had some questions for those who have an inversion table...

1. Is it best to use before or after exercise?
2. Can you over do it after you get used to inverting?
3. Do you do exercises while inverted?
4. Do you wear shoes while inverting?
5. Is it normal that after only using it for 1 minute or so today @ 15 degree angle and inverting & coming back up very slowly, my lower back hurts?

Thanks
Old 03-27-19, 06:34 AM  
suzannaerin

I have a table that I have used a year for my scoliosis. My PT said it could help my condition from getting worse and this years’s updated X-ray showed no progression in the curve, thank goodness

I do it for 10 minutes, twice a day. Once after working out and the second time before bed. I use it only for traction, muscle relaxation. Never for core work or anything like that.

Always wear shoes. Otherwise, you’re risking a disaster. Read the warnings, there are risks to inversion.

Be careful when you come out of inversion. I hold the handles, bend my knees to help get upright , and never use my back. I try to keep my back and neck flush with the board until I’m upright. Use your arms to pull yourself if you need help. Luckily, my table has a longer foot release handle so I don’t have to bend down much to free myself.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 07:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Following. I want one so bad, both my chiro and spine doc recommended it. But they're huge!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 07:17 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

My dh brought one home from Costco and we ended up returning it. For one thing, it's huge. My old school chiropractor doesn't like them (which surprised me). He feels like the human body isn't meant to hang upside down like that....and that the tables are hard on hips and knees. I think it you did just a 45* tilt or less it would be ok.

My back was sore after I used it. The good news is that returning to Costco is a breeze.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 07:56 AM  
muggle

I'm following this thread too. My chiropractor said he liked them but to be cautious w/ them. What he did w/ my back could be done with the table. He was awesome but moved out of the state. So now I'm thinking of getting one again. I hope others chime in w/ their experiences.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 08:41 AM  
marki64

My husband got one and he is so/so about it. He thought it helped a little bit.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inversion tables