Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-23, 03:16 PM  
sugar rose

How is everyone doing in all this wildfire smoke?!

Just hoping and praying that VFers (& everyone) affected by the wildfire smoke in Canada can stay inside and stay safe! It's very hard on the lungs!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 03:50 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I live in the province where it is coming from. Many people from the surrounding areas have been evacuated. As for today thanks to some rain, air quality is much better.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 04:12 PM  
ChelePA

I can’t even imagine as sweet as sugar. We got hit hard. It’s been recommended to stay inside the past three days. Air quality is just improving today. I live in Northeast Pennsylvania.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 04:20 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I hope it will keep improving! I had no idea you guys were affected as much over there. Yesterday's morning, the sky was pretty scary, it looked like an apocalyptic film, the sun was completely orange (very weird orange). Take care you all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 06-08-23, 05:57 PM  
rhbrand

SweetasSugar, I'm so thankful you are getting some rain. I hope no lightning to spark up more fires.
Old 06-08-23, 06:10 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Rhbrand, I hope too! I hope everything will get under control soon, and people can get back to their home.

Old 06-09-23, 12:02 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

It was really bad in NYC the past few days; the air quality was the worst of any city in the world. It’s hard to believe this is the new reality. I hope the fires will get under control and that the weather patterns change so the smoke can dissipate. This seems much worse than when covid hit and we were locked down. Now it’s scary to breathe, even at home.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 07:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm in NJ and it was very bad/scary on Wednesday. I've never experienced anything like that, but now I better understand what people in other parts of the US and in other countries deal with. Yesterday was better and today is supposed to be back to normal by this afternoon. Unfortunately, it seems this is going to become more common, according to what experts say.
Old 06-09-23, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
It was really bad in NYC the past few days; the air quality was the worst of any city in the world. It’s hard to believe this is the new reality. I hope the fires will get under control and that the weather patterns change so the smoke can dissipate. This seems much worse than when covid hit and we were locked down. Now it’s scary to breathe, even at home.
I saw Facebook photos from friends in NYC and couldn't believe the color of the sky and the haze! Up here in SE CT we're starting to get patches of sunlight coming through so I hope clearer air is heading your way. We need a majorly good rainstorm.

I have moderate, easily controlled asthma. Now I know what someone with a bad case of asthma feels like, and that feeling is scary-awful. I had to go "red zone" with my inhalers and could hardly breathe yesterday. The atmosphere is improving but the back of my throat and tracheal/bronchial areas feel like they've been lashed. My heart goes out to anyone dealing with a pulmonary illness.

My heart also goes out to Canada, anyone who's life has been disrupted and all the wildlife.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 11:27 AM  
imhere2dance

We only had some smoke in Southeastern VA on Wednesday. I hope everyone is okay!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, off-topic