Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-11-21, 05:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Poor Pam!

Has been here all alone for a few check ins now and hasn't once sung to us! This will never do! So here I am. Thank you for keeping us going!

Have to be quick though. It's snowing (AGAIN!) and I have to leave super early (AGAIN) for work. I am really over this winter. BLECH .....

Waves to all.

Check in:

2/8/2021: Row: Cardio climb row, reverse cool down, 20 mins. of year of yes Run, 10 mins. Elvis Core remix w/ Emma

2/9/2021: Meditation (left 2 hours early for the office with the snow. That took from my workout time and I was too exhausted when I got home.)

2/10/2021: 30 mins Drive*** row + 5 mins cool down, 20 mins. Broadway Ride with Ally, 30 mins Jess King Experience, 10 mins. Core class with Emma, 20 mins Namoi Joy Rebounding beginner tabata workout**

** This was a great workout. It was way tougher than I thought it would be (dubbed as beginner). She has two with identical backgrounds. One is advanced, a bit longer and then this one (beginner). It could have been a little tougher cuz I did it AFTER all the other stuff, but it was a good little burner. Not impossible, got me moving, grooving, sweating and I was sort of able to keep up. I LOVE Naomi Joy's workouts. I will go back for more, for sure. If you have a rebounder, I highly recommend checking her You tube videos out. She has great instruction, a timer in the corner, just love it. AND commercials (2 of them) in the beginning, UNINTERRUPTED workout and then 1 ad between workout and cool down. Yes please and thank you.

Oh and I used my rebounder. YAY me. Because of the ease of use of both Naomi Joy's and San Fran's You Tube videos, it his highly unlikely I'll re up my Bellicon subscription. If only they could/would stream through Roku. I still have to try mirroring it though.

*** Drive row are the fastest (think little bursts of speeds) and the toughest. I have put off doing them until now. Not sure why. But I have. It was very doable (for me) and a great workout. I will have to do more of these. Strokes per minute went as high as 32. The other ones are usually lower, capped at around 26-28 strokes per minute. BUT? These? They don't keep you up there very long. Sweats are the longer endurance ones. (Think power zone endurance rides). Anyway, pleased that I finally after several months opted to try one. Now I will continue!

Ok, off to exercise. At least get in SOMETHING before work. Since it will be another snowy drive in and I'm tired already.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 05:24 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I didn't realize that I haven't checked in since Sunday!

Cleda - I wrote down Naomi Joy to check her out. Glad you are enjoying her workouts.
Pam - consistent as always!
Waves to Helen!

2/8 - Disco Rock Walk w/ Gina B
Body Project's Low Impact Fat Burner
Red Mile w/ Leslie
rebounding on my own
2/9 - dog walk
30 Min. Rock Walk w/ Selena (I didn't realize right away that I had already done this, but i still enjoyed the playlist.)
20 Min. Walk & Run w/ Matty (really enjoyed this one)
rebounding
2/10 - dog walk
Power Walk The Pounds Off 2000 Style w/ Gina B
Guilty Pleasures 90's w/o with Rick Bhuller
2/11 - shoveling followed by a dog walk
1 Mile Walk Party from Leslie's site.
GHU's Power Walking: Tone Every Zone

My cable that runs from the TV to my iPad stopped working and I wasn't able to stream the GHU workouts for a few days. We pulled out the old Chromecast and hooked it up and I was able to play it again! The only downside is that you have to go through Chromecast's APP, and the free one puts a big message across the screen during the last minute or two of the workout pushing the paid for version. But, it was nice not having a lag from the iPad to the TV.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 01:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 11:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Leslie’s Tone Every Zone - all 60 min....Upper body circuit walk, lower body circuit walk, & 20 min fast walk. I don’t think I’ve ever done a full 60 min of Leslie, but this is a good one. It’s a download I received in the gift exchange last year
~An hour of yin stretches on my own by the fire.

Nice to see everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 06:13 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - an hour of Leslie and you liked it! I'll have to look for that.

2/12 - dog walk
Reps to the Rhythm Workout #18, 3400 Steps
some rebounding to hit my step count

Old 02-13-21, 02:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 12:
Today’s workouts:
~neighbourhood walk
~Cardio: rebounding 20 minutes, & Body Groove 25 min
~Day 10 of Adriene’s 30 Day Challenge

Lili - I did the circuit workouts of the Leslie download first. They were walks with weighted strength segments throughout. Leslie was fairly low key. But during the fast walk she was rather over the top, lol, and if I had done that first I don’t know that I would have done the full hour. I like her, but she does get pretty manic at times.

Cleda - I’ve done a couple of Naomi Joy’s YouTube workouts & I like her.

Waves to Helen!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-13-21, 06:42 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Falling behind yet again

So here I am to post.

Not a lot to report. I've been sort of working out. Still lots of "weather" going on around here. And having to leave early to get to the office. And then, too tired when I get home. Spring will get here. And now it's the weekend, so hope to get some good workouts in this weekend.

2/11/2021: Meditation

2/12/2021: Row
- Sweat with Mike, San Fran rebounding beginner workout and Meditation at night

The row workout? I'm doing it and thinking, boy -- I like this song, I think it was in another workout. Then I thought, "Hey !! I've heard these comments before!" then I said, "Wait a minute!!! I think I've done this one." Yup. sure enough. I did it on Feb. 1st. Seriously? thousands of workouts to choose and I pick one I've done already? Good grief! STill counts towards my 3 a week for the badge. so they are done for this week.

The rebounding workout? was a beginner. BUT I don't mind beginner workouts, I can make them tougher than they are by just making my movements bigger. I am really enjoying the Roku Express (that has You tube on it) and the lack of lag. Yes. yes. yes. I'm going to try and see if I can "mirror" Bellicon sans a cord. That might be the answer.

Lili: I think you will enjoy Naomi. She is very good. I did discover though when looking (at quick glance) through the videos, not a lot less than 30 mins. long. I think Peloton has spoiled me with the "stacking" feature. I used to go for long-ish workouts (45 mins. or more). Now I'd rather do many shorter ones. Funny how our likes and dislikes change over time. I also shuddered when you said you had to hop on the rebounder to get the steps in. You are still in that StepBet aren't you!!?? Eeeeekkk

Pam: I have never been able to do Leslie! I've tried. And tried. I bet I a have a bunch of her videos. (I also have a hard time with "walking" videos. They tend to hurt my hips, so that doesn't help.

Maybe have to try the run/walk with Matty that Lili talked about.

That's about it. Ice in the forecast for today, tomorrow, a brief break and then it's on for several days next week. uggggggg.

Make it a great day!
Waves to Helen & Kay and anyone lurking.
Cleda
Old 02-14-21, 02:32 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 13:
~neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit Zoom: Primal Yin
~Day 12 of Adriene’s 30 Day Challenge

We had our annual snow fall overnight, a few inches, likely won’t stick for more than a few days as temps are going up tomorrow and we are getting some rain. Our walk in the snow today was lovely! There was no wind, it just felt peaceful & calm.

Cleda - I’m not a huge Leslie fan, generally like her in small doses. Tight hip flexors from seated workouts like cycling & rowing could contribute to her workouts bothering your hips. That being said, you’re not alone as I’ve heard the same from others here.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 02-14-21, 10:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Popping in ....

Real fast!!!

Pam: You are sooooo right!!!! I definitely have tight hip flexors. I stretch now more than I ever have and it helps tremendously. I used to try her walking videos, Jessica Smith (love her, but not the walking videos) and Oh ... who was the fighter who had a series??? can't think of his name. George Foreman! that's it (I think). Anyway, this was when I was very overweight. I did ok if I did them on the Bellicon. To be honest, I haven't tried in years. And probably won't start now. I will, however, keep up and continue the stretching that I've come to love and appreciate in the last 2 years. Enjoy your snow. We have ice. I'm not going anywhere today.

Waves to all!

Quick check in:

2/13/2021: Row (sweat) 30 mins, 5 mins. cool down (technique and lactic acid flush out), 45 minutes Power Zone Endurance Ride with Denis, 10 minute cool down ride, 5 minute Post ride stretch, 10 minutes core with Matty

I went through all my stats for Peloton. I've not been working on the bike much this month. Gotta push it and get in 71 miles to earn my gold badge for February. I will get busy. It's only an average of 35+ per week. or a little over 5 miles per day. I can do that. I need to do that. I have never NOT gotten a gold badge. I've got an 111 week streak going. YAY ME.

I haven't really done a power zone ride in a few weeks. Yep. I felt it. I need to incorporate more of them each week. Even if I'm NOT doing a challenge. So many wokrouts, so little time!!! Use it or lose it does not only apply to the treadmill and running.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 02-14-21, 12:35 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - 111 weeks in a row! You definitely have to do it! That's an amazing streak!
Pam - I love snowy walks! There is something peaceful about them and everything just looks magical.

2/13 - Naomi Joy's Beginner HIIT workout. I liked her, as expected, and will have to try more.
Then YouTube fed me BeFIT rebounding w/ Fayth, don't remember the title, but it was cardio and strength. I may have done this one a long time ago as it seemed familiar.
20 Min. Walk & Run w/ Andy Speer
20 Min. Rock Walk w/ Andy Speer

I finished my StepBet (which technically ends today) and can move on to other workouts. I would like to start riding again, try more GHU workouts, maybe even do a rotation from the last Cathe set I got. So many possibilities!

Coming back to add today's workouts:
2/14 - dog walk
30 Min. Advanced Beginner Ride w/ Tunde (I hadn't been on the bike since Jan 10, so I thought this would be a good place to start)
5 Min Post-Ride Stretch w/ Sam Yo
I was trying to do a Barre3 w/o, but I couldn't get it to work with the ChromeCast.
Then I tried Chris Freytag's Yoga and decided I didn't like it. One of those days. At least I didn't have any issues with Peloton!

Old 02-14-21, 07:44 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

wahooo ...

Lili: No issues with Peloton. That makes me happy! Funny tech story: I decided to stream my Bellicon workouts. Hoping to mirror my ipad to my tv, using the Roku Express. I read up on it, it should work. (hoping for no lag like the cord causes). So, I get all ready, I click on the link ~ It's to the tv in the other room (Dh was playing a video game and up popped the 4 digit code to Sync with THAT tv and his roku.) He could not play ... I didn't want to sync to that tv. Pretty funny. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it to recognize MY ROKU Express stick in the exercise room. I'll work on it some more.

I decided to jump into the Power zone challenge. They are on week 5 (of 8). We have a group that went Rogue from the other riders. The PZ group got entirely too big and we were not happy with the direction. It's not a challenge any more, with trophies for everyone. No clear cut winners, just "Good for you and your team completing the week. Here's a medal." Ummm. no. That's not what we want. Soooo we branched off on our own. The rules are close to the same, but different. Like if you're traveling or have an emergency, you can opt out of the week, instead of either overtraining or letting your team down. anyone can join at any time just mark off you're joining and do the rides. So, I decided to do the rest (4 weeks). My mini break did not go well. I did a lot of workouts, but none seem to work like Power Zone training does for me. I am an endurance athlete, I need long, slow, steady. Sooooooooo I'm back at it. Yep! You get to hear all about it. (starting tomorrow). Time to get busy with the rest of my weigh tloss and the workouts. They kinda go hand in hand. Max rides on this one is 5 though - not 8. That's helpful!

Hoping I"ll get back to sleeping a little more soundly also. We'll see. So many benefits.Of course, we have to stop having this crappy icey weather where I have to leave early for work. That seriously cuts into my exercise time.

Ok, while I"m here:
Me, me and all me:

2/14/2021: (all live rides). Ally Love's 30 minute Valentine Day ride, 30 minute Valentine day run with Selena (tempo), and then I did a 45 minute endurance pz ride With Christine. Back at it. Did a 5 minute post ride stretch and then did a hip opener and leg stretch. I needed it.

This Christine ride was good. Good music, minimal talking and only 2 (I think) PSAs about Power zone training.

I'm sitting here yawning, so it's going to be early to bed.

Waves to all.
Cleda