Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-04-21, 10:05 PM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, It was 50 degrees here today. I bet we go another year without snow.

Sherry, I am on day 4 of Walk Strong 3. My uncoordinated body made it through Boogie IT. LOL

Katie, I get up every 45 minutes and walk around. The nice people I work with even set a bell to go off so I'd remember to get up.
Old 02-04-21, 11:12 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, no snow would depress me! I figure I have another hour or maybe more to finish the driveway. Hubby said you don't have to shovel 7" of snow. I said I didn't kind but it would be nice to know how to use the snowblower. He seems reluctant to show me how. Boys and their toys or afraid I'll break it?? At least I burned enough calories to have pumpkin peanut butter mug cake tonight!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 12:00 AM  
Leonana

It was 73 here today. I am really enjoying it after our cold weather last week.

Vannie, that's a lot of snow! It sounds like you deserve two mug cakes!

MT, I think I was uncoordinated with Boogie IT too! I am enjoying this rotation, although I'm a lot more tired this time around than I was the first time. And I was walking my dogs back then too. I think I'm getting old, lol.

Katie, you've reminded me I need to do our taxes. I need to do that next week.
Old 02-05-21, 01:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Another hour of shoveling done. It still isn't all done but it's passable for both our vehicles and pedestrians so I'm calling it good enough for now. I woke up sore and achy all over, basically from my SI joints up to my shoulders. Some of it is good DOMS but some is 45 yo joints doing what they're not used to doing!

Sherry, if one mug cake wasn't already over 400 calories I probably would have!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-06-21, 09:48 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, 73 sounds perfect! We are predicted to be highs in the negatives next week. Brrrrr!

Vannie, mug cake sounds delicious!

MT, what nice coworkers to be so supportive of your goals.

Last night I finally got a dvd in with Essentrics stretching. It felt pretty good. May do it again today. It will be important to keep these knots out during this cold snap.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 04:57 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my father-in-law. Thankfully he has recovered and you wouldn't even know he had covid. As usual I was a complete slug while there. It was even colder up there but I did get out Saturday to the thrift store and then picked up pizza for supper. Got family sized pizzas from Papa Murphy's and hubby and I were so hungry there was only 1 1/2 pieces left of ours! Eating is so irregular there bc he never cooks so if I want to cook I have to bring all the ingredients or make smthg ahead of time to just bake.

This morning after our walk (with real feel of -18 but sunshine and no wind so I was overdressed and hot) I did day 14 of Lucy's Fitness Advent calendar. I think I am done with this. She and the workouts just don't do much for me. Many things I would rather do so even though there's only 10 days of the challenge left I am giving it up. Then I did 2.122 mi on the treadmill for wk2 day2 of the 10k trainer. I'm struggling with the Zombies Run app bc an Android update messed up one of the features. My phone is two updates behind the one that fixes it so I have no clue when mine will work right. The app tells you a story of a mission you're on with breaks in btwn where your music of choice plays. The update broke the ability for the music to play so now I hear story then silence then story, etc. I am finding I can't stay focused bc in the silence my mind wanders and I can't remember/track what's going on in the mission. I guess I'll have to play the stereo and keep the remote on the treadmill to adjust the volume. Not sure what I'll do when I can run outside. I should have done the next day of Fightmaster Yoga but all I wanted was a shower and food to silence my growling stomach. I may do the yoga tonight while our chili simmers.

My knee has been hurting again today since before I worked out. I hadn't worked out since Thu, hadn't shoveled since Fri and was a bum over the wknd. I'm sort of wondering if it isn't from all the slipping on ice. I haven't fallen so far this year but have slipped so many times.

Old 02-09-21, 10:09 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, Wonderful news that your FIL has fully recovered from COVID!!

Brrrr to -18. Makes our minus temperatures sound like the banana belt! I've been bundling up and getting outside with the dogs too. Our temperatures have created a regression in housebreaking Scout.

I've been doing Essentrics quite a bit recently and enjoying them.

Vannie, this is a youtube channel I subscribe too. I came across this the other day and found it helpful. My left knee is lacking in extension and it's also the one the gets the most painful. I injured it pretty bad about 5 years ago...probably has some arthritis in it. I have less pain and maybe this video helped some. About 5 min. long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib1jkAobb-U&t=24s

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 10:07 PM  
Leonana

I'm still doing Walk Strong 3, I'm starting the third week. I take a rest day on Tuesdays, however, so I skip one workout per week.

Vannie, I'm glad to hear your fil has recovered. I have to admit, I never clicked with Lucy. I don't like the set, I prefer a real studio. But everyone clicks to someone different, I guess.

Katie, I watch a you tube video of a woman in Canada, on the prairie I believe. Their temperatures were -35, with real feel of -40! I checked and -40 C is -40 F, by that point, it's even. I can't even imagine, but I guess they are used to it.
Old 02-14-21, 08:56 PM  
Vantreesta

I keep reading but not posting! Last week's workouts:

Tue 2/9 119 minutes
25 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 20, YT) (Sadhana day 40) M-AM 1st time
31 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength--strength only, no stretch) TUE
27 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 6) TUE 28
12 minutes (from TurboFire Stretch 10) TUE
24 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.76 mi) super cold all week

Wed 2/10 9 minutes BABYSITTING
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .73 mi)

Thu 2/11 27 minutes
00 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 21, YT) T-AM 1st time this was meditation so not counting time
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.82 mi)

Fri 2/12 97 minutes
25 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength --non-bridge exercises only) FRI
31 minutes (from 2.196 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day3/VA Wild California Run) THU
25 minutes (from K. Santiago Bowman Restorative Exercise for the Feet)
16 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.2 mi) it is so cold out there!

Sat 2/13 53 minutes
16 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength --bridge exercises only + stretch) SAT
22 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 7) FRI
15 minutes (from 1 dog walks 1.1 mi) too cold for walks

Sun 2/14 72 minutes
20 minutes (from Zumba Transformation 20-Minute Express)
19 minutes (from Turbo Jam 20-Minute Workout)
20 minutes (from Dark Horse Rowing 10-Minute HIIT Weight Loss Workout)
13 minutes (from Yoga Emergency Arms & Shoulders)

Babysitting Wednesday was tiring and I got home around 8 so we didn't walk. Today I made brownies for Valentine's Day but we didn't do anything for it. Cyric and I are going crazy not getting in our walks. Tmrw looks just as bad. Wednesday the high is supposed to be 11, I think, which will be nice! I think the following week should be back up around freezing.

Old 02-14-21, 08:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, our real feel when I got up this morning was -38. Actual temp was -18!