Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-20, 11:38 AM  
Gams

Anyone have a favorite DVD workout set?

I usually don’t love or hate the sets in my workouts, although I have an intense dislike for the stark white sets where everything looks washed out and you can’t tell where the floor ends and the walls begin. But one set I really, really like is the set in Kathy Smith’s March to Fitness. I love the deep green carpet and the big windows with the trees and bushes swaying in the wind. I don’t think there’s another set I like as much.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:41 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Eoin Finn's Blissology DVD set has the best set! They filmed everything in Bali and the music is also amazing. Love it...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:49 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Eoin Finn's Blissology DVD set has the best set! They filmed everything in Bali and the music is also amazing. Love it...
He has new practices for streaming/download on Vimeo.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 01:31 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Oh, yes, Blissology is beautiful! Each practice has a different Bali setting.
My favorite sets are generally outdoors. Rodney Yee and Rainbeau Mars have lovely Hawaiian settings.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 01:41 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I usually don’t love or hate the sets in my workouts, although I have an intense dislike for the stark white sets where everything looks washed out and you can’t tell where the floor ends and the walls begin. But one set I really, really like is the set in Kathy Smith’s March to Fitness. I love the deep green carpet and the big windows with the trees and bushes swaying in the wind. I don’t think there’s another set I like as much.
I like that set as well. I like the workout too! Generally the sets don’t make much of an impression on me. I even don’t mind the stark white ones. My favorites, though, are those filmed outside with the sun shining (and it makes a difference if the sun isn’t shining). If the workout is filmed inside, then I like the ones with windows so you can see the outside or even ones with fake outdoor settings.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 03:40 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Yes, that Kathy Smith March set is a gorgeous space which I visit once in a while.

I mostly love the outdoor settings, Rainbeau Mars, Gilad, Jessica Smith, Ellen and indoors with out door views which are real or well done fake.

There are a few indoors sets like XTF personal trainer which feel like a gym with just the right amount of equipment in the background.

I know I dislike any total white, jammed in a corner, or with tiny platforms where I’m constantly waiting for the instructor to fall off.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 04:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I like the loft-style sets with brick walls.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 05:05 PM  
sillygirl

> For sentimental reasons, a few of my favorite sets are from Jessica Smith's Total Body Balance. Four 20-minute workouts (3 outdoors and 1 indoors). I actually love a lot of Jessica's sets.

> Mandy Ingber's Yogalosophy (rooftop view with no end in sight!)

> Element Barre & Yoga workouts in someone's beautiful backyard
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 05:10 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I like the loft-style sets with brick walls.
You'd enjoy a lot of the workouts produced by New Shoot Pictures then.

https://www.newshootpictures.com/
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 05:47 PM  
Gams

I LOVE Jessica, so I’m not trying to be mean but she has one set (at her mom’s maybe?) where there’s a table on the side of the screen and there’s a huge floral arrangement on top of the table. Every time I do one of her workouts with that set, I think someone needs to move that arrangement - it’s too big to be on top of that table! 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background sets, outdoor settings, set design, settings, workout background sets, workout sets