Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-15-21, 11:15 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, that does sound a bit chilly! We had a cold front come in, highs are down to the low 60's. Actually, that's cold here for February. I think we are getting back up to 70 in a few days.

I'm still doing Walk Strong 3. This is my fourth week, and it's an eight week rotation. But I think I might do something different next week.
Old 02-16-21, 05:35 PM  
MathTeacher

I spoke too soon. We have 7 inches of snow on the ground. It was -1 this morning. You girls are tougher than I am. I like golf weather.
Old 02-16-21, 07:23 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, I was wondering if you had gotten snow. My DB and his family are in TX with snow and no power. You have more snow than we do. Anybody making snowmen? Our subzero spell is pretty much over. We had a few mornings at minus 40 so glad to see it gone.

I continue to do exercising. Walking a little with the dogs to check on water for the horses and also checking our chickens for eggs but they went on strike when the cold spell hit. Can't say as I blame them. Maybe they'll start up again soon. I've gotten a few dvd's in and you tube clips. I'll try to do a dvd this evening. Haven't decided which one yet.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 04:51 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I've been trying to make some more committed efforts to my exercising and habits. My energy has really been going a lot of different directions and need to make some changes. So I finally pulled out my water pitcher to make sure I'm getting enough daily. I'm trying to be more disciplined with a morning/evening routine. I got down to my goal of 165 video exercise clips on my playlist on youtube. I need to keep it at that number by the end of the month to get my points. I'll try to make reducing more a goal for next month too.

Hope everyone's doing well and the power's on!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-19-21, 08:37 PM  
Leonana

Finishing up my fourth week with WS3. I have to say I am really liking it. The first three weeks I was limp every day, very low on energy. But this week I've been doing good, I think my strength and endurance has increased. I'm also sleeping better. I guess I did need to push myself. I think I will do the entire eight weeks.

MT, you need to come here for golf weather! Our cold spell was dropping down to a high of low 60's from the low 70's. I hope you have power. I feel so bad for those poor people in Texas.

Katie, I don't blame the hens either! Good luck with getting more exercise in. I've been doing good on the workouts. But not as good on the eating.
Old 02-22-21, 11:38 AM  
Vantreesta

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230469

The March thread is up. Hopefully Mell, FirmDancer and Laura will rejoin us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 06:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Looks like I last posted workouts on 2/14 so here's what I've done since then:

Mon 2/15 52 minutes
28 minutes (from 1.944 mi for 10k trainer wk3 day1/VA American Southwest 2 Run/Zombies Run S3M33) MON
10 minutes (from J. Miller Yoga Tune Up Quick Fix Rx Lower Body Series -10 min feet & ankles)
7 minutes (from Strong Knees 7 Minutes to Save Your Knees) MON
7 minutes (from 1 dog walks .47 mi) still frigid wind chills

Tue 2/16 110 minutes
44 minutes (from glute activation warmup + PT exercises for HHT) TUE
38 minutes (from Cher Body Confidence Hot Dance) TUE still love this almost 30 years later!!!
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.11 mi)

Wed 2/17 39 minutes
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.08 mi) took a rest day due to hamstring & SI joint pain

Thu 2/18 79 minutes
18 minutes (from PT exercises SIJ reset, stabilization & stretch) THU
29 minutes (from Slim Series Cool It Off Express) WED
32 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.42 mi)

Fri 2/19 120 minutes
55 minutes (from L. Sansone Walk to the Hits: All Time Favorites) 1st time
21 minutes (from Quick Fix Stability Ball -upper body + abs & back)
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.16 mi)

Sat 2/20 101 minutes
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) 1st time
44 minutes (from V. Johnson Power Shaping II) one of my first DVDs--can't say I loved it today
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.86 mi)

Sun 2/21 46 minutes
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.07 mi)

Total weekly minutes: 547
Total YTD minutes: 4208

Today has been a bust. I didn't sleep well so woke up very tired. Did some house work before breakfast and walked after I ate. Cyric did not want to walk far so we only went about a mile. He was acting weird this morning and I wonder if he hurt himself standing/walking on his hind legs like he does to bark at the neighbors' dog on our last walk last night. Of course I was worried about him and he wanted attention so I sat down to pet him and decided a little 30-minute nap couldn't hurt, right? Two hours later I finally woke up and at lunch at 3. Oops! Sooo...looks like I already messed up the workout schedule that I just set up this morning.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-23-21, 06:37 PM  
Leonana

I did a WS 3 strength workout on Monday, Cardio Interval Sculpt. But I think I'm done with it after four weeks. Eight weeks is a bit too long! It's a bit too intense for me to keep up with six days a week, so I think I will substitute other workouts, but use the schedule loosely. I did enjoy it thought, I really slept good every night, I was so worn out!

Vannie, great job on the workouts. That is a lot of minutes! I'm afraid I'm at only 180 minutes of workouts, and maybe another 180 minutes of walking during my everyday life.
Old 02-24-21, 11:42 PM  
Vantreesta

It's been an up and down week. I forget now why I didn't workout on Monday. Tuesday I started the 30-Day Qi gong challenge again then did Caroline Jordan's exercises for high hamstring tendonitis, ran/walked 1.972 mi for wk3 day2 of the 10k trainer, 12 Days of Crossrope day 8, a segment of Quick Fix Pilates Abs and Slim & Limber. I felt great and got housework done before breakfast and everything else. Today I didn't feel great when I got up so went back to bed for an hour. Body was better but still feel weird/off. I was hoping changing to spring wouldn't mess me up this year but I'm not so sure. Anyway, I couldn't get myself to workout this morning or do anything else. I decided I would workout after my 2:00 chiro appt, was all fired up for it and as I walked up to the house coming back from my appt I discovered our 100+ pound cement dwarf who's been sitting in front of our house for a decade was gone. Who steals a big cement statue from someone's house??? I have just been so upset about it and never did workout or do anything else. I know I should have shaken it off and moved on but i am just stuck on the fact that someone had to actually plan to steal it. It's not like you toss a hunk of cement in your backpack and walk away. It took a plan, at least two people and a vehicle and it was done while I was in the house, unless they were ballsy enough to do it while we were out walking. So that was my day. I hope I stop dwelling on it tmrw.

Old 02-25-21, 12:05 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, that's crazy! I hope they dropped it on one of their feet or something where ever they unloaded it.

Do The Next Thing!