Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-24-21, 01:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Well, I didn't take "before" pictures. I don't think I had any interest in documenting how bad it was. But I may take some "after" pics.
Lol, understood!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 04:01 PM  
DCW

Y'all are motivating me to tackle some more stuff. I have to wrap up some already started projects and get busy on another small declutter project. I don't want before pictures just the after pictures.

I am tempted to hire an interior decorator when this is all over.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 04:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Apparently thieves decided to "help" us declutter. Our big cement dwarf we kept out front againt the house is missing. I am hoping maybe somehow for some reason hubby moved it but I really doubt it. I'm not even sure he could move it alone. But who steals a big piece of cement??? It weighs at least a hundred pounds, I think, so there's no way it could be a casual gee I'll steal this lipstick kind of moment. I'm 95% sure it was there on Monday, which means I was here in the house when it was taken, unless it was while we were walking. I am just heartbroken and angry over it. I'd like to turn Cyric loose on them. I keep thinking I must be wrong and I'm just overreacting and jumping to conclusions like I'm prone to doing. I even went back out to make sure it really is gone and then looked for him in the garage.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 05:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Mind if I ask some questions??

I've got some ancient old computers that I need to get rid of somehow, but the whole process baffles me.

I really don't get it. What am I supposed to do? Disassemble the computer somehow and then do what with the hard drives?
do you think you might need the data on the hard drives? such as photos, tax returns, or home videos?

that's the only reason I've removed the hard drive (HD). essentially, you want to take that out at a minimum. the rest you can donate to e-waste somewhere in your city.

i had ZERO experience in doing this, and was scared shirtless (). so i watched 3 videos on how to remove a HD from a desktop. desktop HD vs. laptop HD - see image below.

if you hire someone, just tell them you want them to remove the hard drive, and see whether they can recycle the rest of the machine for you. you could call around and compare prices. some schools and non-profits collect e-waste for fundraising.

once you have the HD in hand, you could either destroy it yourself or save it in case you wish to view it for info that you might want to keep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hard disk drive compare.png
Views:	48
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	4743  

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 09:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Apparently thieves decided to "help" us declutter. Our big cement dwarf we kept out front againt the house is missing.
that totally sucks! do you or any of your neighbors have a "ring" surveillance camera that might have captured them taking it?

i am so sorry that it is missing.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 10:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Jeannine. I may ask some of them tmrw. I just can't imagine stealing a statue from someone's house!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-24-21, 10:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Vantreesta I'm sorry...what a terrible thing to do.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 10:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Linda. I know it's just a material thing, but I've just felt upset all day and now have a headache. I'm frustrated with myself bc they didn't just steal the dwarf but I then let them steal my peace of mind and my workouts today bc I couldn't get myself to do them!

We bought Stonebeard the dwarf at a Renaissance festival in Chippewa Falls in probably 2011 or so. He has sat in the same spot since the day we brought him home and I have loved seeing him every day. At Halloween he held a skeleton on his shoulders. When I told people how to find our house for the first time I would say can't miss it, it's the only house with a dwarf in front.

Old 02-26-21, 08:31 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm sorry for the loss of the statue and your peace of mind. It's mind boggling that people will just take what's not theirs.

I spent a long time yesterday sorting through scraps from my craft room - pictures, die cuts, paper, etc. I had multiple containers with different types in them and some piles. I sorted everything into fewer categories. Today, I'll put the categories into containers. This was my biggest organization task to do, so it was good to get it done.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 09:03 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
career advice, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, sentimental clutter