Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-21-21, 10:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

ICE Low Impact Sweat - 46min. First time doing this one. I liked it but it felt a little choppy for me. Also, more low-advanced than intermediate for me.
ePilates Waist, Waist and More Waist - 23min. Great workout!

I started with JV Creative Flow workout that's scheduled for tomorrow but after 5th or 6th roll down right at the beginning - I gave up. I was bored.

Next week will be busy for me. Wednesday morning I finally have an appointment with my primary for bloodwork and physical. I originally scheduled it for January but had to reschedule for this month. I have a feeling I won't like what I hear but it'll give me a baseline for improvements I have to make.I also will drop off my SUV for body work repair after that jackass hit me last month. I won't have a car for several days so my DH will have to drive me if I have to go somewhere.

We're expecting 1-3" of snow this afternoon but a warmup is coming later this week. Something to look forward to!

Hi to Carol, Donna, Christine, Linda, Brenda and Cheri!
Old 02-21-21, 01:47 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Rest day today!

Linda, thank you so much for the playlist! I'm glad you're doing well, and enjoying your books again. I do find it difficult to concentrate when the tank is on empty. I hope your Sunday has been peaceful too!

Donna, thanks for sharing about Trifecta! Now I seem to remember you mentioning that before, but I forgot. Your plan sounds nice and restorative!

Carol, I'm looking forward to the day I can try those longer workouts. I noticed some of the Senior Shape ones looked more intense than one might think from the title.

Dana, that snow is headed our way for tomorrow! I don't mind snow, but we've had enough at this point. Good luck with your car!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 07:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Pahla B - February Day 3 Walking with Weights - 24 minutes;
Senior Shape - 10 Minute Legs & 10 Minute Stretch

Pahla's workout was very enjoyable - alternating 30 seconds of walking with 30 seconds of strength moves using light weights. I used 2's, and should have used my 2.5 lb weights; Pahla used her 3 lb weights.

Senior Shape Legs was about 1/2 traditional strength moves - squats, reverse lunges - and about 1/2 barre type moves. No weights were involved.

Christine - I'm sure that's the case with Senior Shape. So far I've managed to mostly do the easier ones. Good luck with the snow. Most of our 10 inches has melted. Yay!

Dana - I really think ICE was simply Cathe's first attempt at an intermediate series. She got closer to the mark with LITE, I think.

Linda - I loved Herman Wouk's books back in the day! I wonder what it would be like to revisit them.

Donna - Nice job! I liked that workout of Pahla's. The single sided strength stuff sure increased the balance challenge.

My Define & Align set is still lost in the Black Hole of Calcutta. I wonder if it will ever resurface?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday my DD and i were able to get our walk in - so that was good. It was sunny, not windy, and above freezing.

Today, it is snowing again....although on Wed here it is supposed to be 60!
Maybe we are turning a corner on the weather.

Today's workout mix was:

CS 1115 - standing and barre
Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Challenge Day 1 - Core - this was mainly core stabilization which is something that I need and benefit from.

So..on the SI front - Not sure the belt is helping - in fact, I think it is may be causing my right side, my already tight side, to tighten up more - which is really not what I wanted. So, I'm back to experimenting....my current experiment is the CS for mobility and the Pilates for stability.

I plan to add a short Pahla or other workout in during the afternoon and maybe some PT type work in the evenings.

Oh, I forgot - yesterday I did Jessica V's Scoliosis routine after walking - which sort of reiterated that maybe what I need to work on is balancing my loose side (left) and my tight side (right).

If things don't improve I will likely suck it up and go to the Dr. I figure a telehealth appointment should suffice for a referral to PT and then I figure w/ PT maybe I can go in once and get homework to do at home. I don't really want to go into a PT office regularly w/ COVID.

Anyway -that is my rambling for today!

Linda - thank you so much for the video! I actually do something like "airplanes" but never realized they were an official exercise, LOL! I guess it goes to show that if we leave ourselves open to do what feels right - we often do. I often do something like the airplane move when I get up after sitting for a long time. I think you are right though about taking more frequent short breaks....at this point....it is an experiment! I am glad you are back to reading.

Carol - I plan to Fit Pahla's Day # 2 - in later - I see Lauren posted a new video today - cardio & strength.

Christine - Hope you are doing well - we are getting some snow right now.

Dana - nice workouts! Sometimes the longer Pilates workouts just aren't for me or my mood - and other times, I'm good with them.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 08:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Pahla B - February Day 4 Total Body Cardio & Strength - 22 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 20 Minute Barre & Pilates Workout

Pahla's workout was one of her Metcon workouts - 30 seconds of cardio and 60 seconds of standing bodyweight strength intervals. She had some new exercises (for her) in this workout and some of it was challenging!

Jessica's newest workout was a barre workout and I really liked it. This version was on YouTube; the longer 40 minute version is on her membership site.

Donna - You said a dirty word - SNOW! Yuck! I hear you on the crazy weather. After a high of 10 degrees last Tuesday, the high tomorrow is supposed to be 74.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 02-23-21, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1116 - Posture - an all standing workout
Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Challenge Day 2 - Abs & Back

Yesterday afternoon I did -

Pahla B - February Playlist - Day 2 - Cardio. This was one of my favorites - it was 50 seconds cardio/10 seconds rest. I really enjoyed the longer intervals of cardio.

In the evening, after work I did:

Ellen - Affirmative Flow

So...I am now wondering if I have piriformis syndrome - I foam rolled my glute yesterday and it seemed to relieve the pain.....I do feel like I'm having a muscle spasm in my glute - so, I will continue on w/ the foam rolling to see if it makes a difference. I think there is just a lot going on w/ my back and hips - I have a tight QL on the right side which can cause a hip hike on that side, which then impacts the left side. All the sitting tightens up my hip flexors/psoas and apparently sends my glutes into spasm. So - in short - what a pain.

I'm hoping CS will help w/ mobility and decompression and Pilates will help w/ the strengthening/stability.

Ugh. I would say getting old sucks, but my back has bothered me since I was in my 20's, so...can't blame it entirely on aging.

Waves, everyone...sorry to complain....

Carol - I am looking forward to trying out Jessica's new barre routine - I like her barre workouts - they aren't too over the top and no dreaded tucking of the pelvis. Our weather is supposed to warm up as well, hopefully we are done w/ the snow!!

Donna
Old 02-23-21, 08:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Pahla B - February 5 Fitness for Real Life (Functional Core Strength & Standing Abs - 22 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Beginner Abs;
Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch: Express Stretch - 5 minutes

Pahla's workout had some different moves. I liked it! 20 second intervals of walking and functional moves, done inchworm style. It was a good one.

Donna - I guess you could have both SI issues and piriformis issues. Both are pretty common. Fingers crossed for no more snow!

Carol
Old 02-24-21, 06:56 PM  
donnamp

Oh my goodness, today was one of those days... I will catch up tomorrow but my workouts for today:

CS 1117 (??)
Trifecta Pilates Challenge Day # 3 - Legs
Pahla B - February Workouts - Day # 4 - MetCon - Pahla style = not scary
Outdoor walk - finally, some nice weather.

A busy day at work and drama filled as well.

On a very happy note, i think CS is the answer to my back pain - it is so much better after doing CS consistently for three days - the difference in my mobility from Day 1 to Day 3 is amazing.

Now, what I need to do, since I am such a variety junkie - is find my minimum dose of CS required to keep feeling good while giving me time for other workouts I enjoy, too. I do enjoy CS but I tend to get bored with anything after awhile...but I think it needs to be in my routine regularly in order to reap the benefits.

Ok - see you all tomorrow...

Donna
Old 02-24-21, 07:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Missing in action again... I had a busy day today as well. I had an early morning appointment with my primary doctor today for a full health check. First in about 2.5 years. I've seen her only once before for a checkup in 2018 (my other primary retired) and I was disappointed with the quality of checkup I received from her then. I've decided to give her another try today and I was pleasantly surprised. She was much more thorough, informative and actually made an eye contact with me this time. I don't have the results of my bloodwork yet since it was only drawn this morning, but I already know I have to make some major lifestyle changes. She also gave me an order for a cardiac imaging test and I've already made an appointment for early March. She also put me on one prescription med which I dreaded but wasn't surprise that she did. I have another appointment with her in one month to see what progress I've made, so I just need to DO IT!

Also, I finally dropped off my RAV4 to the body shop to have my front fender repaired. This body shop has been recommended by Toyota and is also on preferred list for my insurance so I hope they come to some type of agreement among themselves as how to fix it and how much it should cost. I just want it done at this point and done fast. I'm sick of it!

I'm hoping to get back to exercising tomorrow and for sure on Friday I go full speed ahead. I have 30 days before my next dr. appt. to make some changes.

Waves to all!
Old 02-24-21, 10:37 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

My Align & Define set finally made it here via the Black Hole of Calcutta, so I did

Define & Align - Barre Bootcamp - 30 minutes

I really liked this workout! Modifications were given for the few moves that had impact, which was good. It was very strength focused, much more so than other barre workouts, which I also liked. She didn't rep you to death, like many barre routines do. Lots of room to grow with this workout simply by increasing the weight. I definitely felt thoroughly worked out when I finished. The workout moved quickly enough that my heartrate got up some and I'm already sore.

Now for the negatives -

The film quality and overall production quality seem substandard.
The music is not good, but you can play the video without music.
The sound is not great, but I'm thinking I can play the video without the music and turn up the volume to fix that problem.
Some of the moves involve pulling away from the barre, which you'll have to modify if your barre can't handle that. I do think this is easily modifiable, at least in the video that I did.

Dana - Glad your appointment went well and you felt like you got a thorough checkup. Hoping your car repair goes smoothly!

Donna - So glad your back is feeling better! My days have been busy this week as well.

Waves ~

Carol