Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-21, 11:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I hadn't done YITGOS Neck & Shoulders in awhile, and I enjoyed adding on the Gate series; I like the Torso series too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:05 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I love the Neck & Shoulders practice but I needed the Torso practice today. Do you know what Kathleen Anderson is doing these days? I wonder if she still teaches yoga.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:26 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I had wondered the same thing! My client right now is no-showing, so I looked her up:
https://www.smartbodymovement.com/kathleen-anderson
http://www.newellness.com/yoga/kathlena.htm

She got her undergrad degree at a State University of NY (SUNY) school - not the one where I work, SUNY Geneseo, which is about 30 minutes south of Rochester, but SUNY Brockport, which is about 30 minutes northwest. I know the counseling director there and have been there for conferences.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-24-21, 01:21 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, thanks for looking that up. Very interesting! I hadn't heard of the terms Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis. It would be fun to take Kathleen's Gyrokinesis on the Mat class. I wish she would have made more yoga DVDs or even a Gyrokinesis DVD.
Old 02-24-21, 05:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, yes, more DVDs from her would have been cool! But maybe it was too labor-intensive? (I remember Tilak Pyle saying that was why he wouldn't do another DVD after his Yoga: Altar of the Heart.) The Gyrokinesis does look like an interesting method that incorporates some Pilates. I found this short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4YgS8iG-MY

I don't remember if I ever mentioned this before, by my junior year in college (1988-89 since you all already know my age ), I used to sometimes go to a class that was held in my college gym. It was a barre-style class, but not like anything I've done on video. We would start the barre and basically do kicking drills, more fast repetitive movements than the slow controlled moves you see in something like HDM work. And then we did some matwork that was core-type stuff. That's as much as I can recall. I think it was called something like Ballenetics. I always wished I could remember the name/more details! I have no idea if it was a thing (like Jazzercize) or just something my college offered. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-24-21, 07:51 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I would do that Gyrokinesis workout if I had a DVD for it. Yes, it does look like pilates.
It sounds like your college barre-style class had some traditional ballet moves.
Old 02-24-21, 09:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: neighbourhood walk & 20 min rebounding
~Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga: Day 13 Endurance & Ease

Beth & Paine - Interesting about Kathleen Anderson. I think I might still have her dvd tucked away somewhere. It is a lovely practice.

Beth - The barre class you describe sounds kinda wild, but a bit like Cardio Barre.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 09:46 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Arms & Posture routine from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series with Sahra.

My workout room is still hosting my niece's big massage table, which takes up pretty much all of my exercise space. I therefore tried doing today's workout in my bedroom, using my DVD player, and it worked decently well. If I ever downsize my domicile that is good to know!

Hello to Kate TT! Sorry, I am not able to contribute any insight re Blissology 2.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I haven't been up to much exercise wise. Tuesday I had my eyes dilated at the eye doctor, and yesterday was my second COVID vaccination, so both days I took it easy. Yesterday I at least took a long route and walked across the property where I work to the location where the shots were given.

Once again, tired, fatigued and headache, but I'm grateful too.

I have to be three people again today - the dingbat may be back Monday so I can go back to being two people. Sigh!

Kate - hi, nice to see you!

Everyone have a good day.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, hooray for being fully vaccinated!

Sandra, glad you found an alternate way to exercise.

Pam & Paine, I probably struggle to describe the classes I attended in college because at the time, my only real exercise was 80s aerobics, so I didn't really have a base of comparison.

I just watched this video about strength work in you. I thought the discussion of heavy-medium-light weights and the different results they produce was very interesting (that part starts at 2:25):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXME...=JenniRawlings

Follow me @YogiBethC