Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-22-21, 07:09 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/22 - snow shoveling and a short dog walk
my Peloton stacked workouts:
30 Min. Walk & Run w/ Rebecca Kennedy
10 Min. Arms Toning w/ Kendall Toole
10 Min. Foam Rolling Chest & Back w/ Hannah Corbin
I really didn't need an arm workout after shoveling, but I had already set it up yesterday. This is the 2nd time I've tried the stacking thing and really like it!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 09:04 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not to encourage

skipping workouts on the stacks ... but ....

Lili: On my page and bike, I can "modify" my stack. So if I had not wanted to do arms, I would have deleted it or moved it to the bottom or just put another workout in front. But you? You are super woman .... Go Lili! Go!

Helen: So good to see you. I know you'll be sad when Bridget goes back. I'm so glad you got some great quality time with her. So important! (as you know!)

Waves to all .....

2/22/2021: Row (Breathe) 10 mins, 45 minute PZ ride
(zones 6 & 1 and then some 6 & 4 Yep! spicy ride)., 5 minute cool down ride, 5 minute post ride stretch and 20 minutes of core with Matty

Great workout morning!!!
Onward.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 01:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post & run, I’m waaaay behind....

Feb 20:
A bit meager....a lovely trail walk and a lot of fussing about to set up for filming my Essentrics exam class tomorrow morning.

Feb 21:
~Taught Essentrics & filmed my class!
~6 km trail walk with DH, DS2, & DIL

Feb 22:
~Barre3: 10 min upper body & 10 min lower body
~10 km forest hike
~Yin on my own....forward bends, hip openers, chest openers, twists

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 06:06 AM  
Helen

Tuesday
the next Adriene and
Cathe - Perfect30 - Pump - Basic Mix 7 (Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus)
very pleased to have used 7kg (15lb) dumbbells for all the bench presses & flys, didn't even notice my shoulder with pushups or scarecrows - it's taken almost 18months, but it's pretty-well fixed itself now.

Bridget let us know when she arrived back in Sydney - to let us know she made it safely. She's really content in her uni work (honours year) and her supervisors are already setting her up for the Ph.D. that she's looking forward to doing next. Doing her research at the body farm puts her in rare company, being the ONLY one outside the USA. She's very content.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 08:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 23:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: neighbourhood walk & Body Groove 30 min
~Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga: Day 11 Shakti Yoga Practice

Helen - Glad your shoulder is good & Bridget is safely back home! As someone who loves mysteries & true crime books & tv, her work sounds fascinating.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-24-21, 04:11 AM  
Helen

Wed., 24th Feb.
Sadhana: 32min, Adriene - Revolution - Day 09 Empower
Buddy: 38min, Cathe - Body Blast - KPC - Cardio Conditioning Mix
Buddy: 21min, Cathe - Body Blast - L&G - Ankle Weight Exercises Addon

DH walked Alice.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 09:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Helen: Proud mama moment!!! Good for Bridget.

Waves to all.

Post and run:

2/23/2021: Row (Finding Happiness with Mike - 20 mins. Breathe), Bootcamp Tread (body Weight with Matty) 30 mins, 5 mins. leg stretch.

Great workout. Short (for me) but effective. I took a day off from the PZ challenge. Something the 5 ride a week challenge allows me to do. Not total burnout. Kinda liking that format. Today will probably be a couple of PZ rides to get semi-ahead. Like to be done with challenge rides by Friday. That gives me the weekend to do what I want.

Make it a great day!
Cleda

Last edited by Cleda; 02-24-21 at 11:17 PM. Reason: It was a 5 minute leg stretch. Good golly! not *50* minutes. YIKES!!!
Old 02-24-21, 10:00 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - you are getting some really long hikes in! Good for you! It's such a great form of exercise. Hope you passed the exam!
Helen - How proud you must be of your daughters! Bridget is on track to do what interests her and excelling! It is rare to know what you want and succeed! Also, glad to hear that the shoulder is fine after so long!
Cleda - enjoy your break from the PZ rides. I know you'll make the most of it.

2/23 - dog walk
JS's Feel Good Fusion: Fusion Strength 47 min.
1 Mile with Leslie
Jessica has a new rotation out - Fusion February. I'm not sure how closely I'll follow it, but I did day 1. The GHU rotation called for upper body and I wasn't ready for that! I think I'll just mix and match among the rotations. I also want to get back to some yoga, just not every day. Pam & Helen are inspiring me! And of course Cleda is inspiring me to do more rides!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 09:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 24:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: neighbourhood walk & 20 min rebounding
~Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga: Day 13 Endurance & Ease

Feb25:
~5 km forest trail hike
~Barre3: 30 min strength focus
~Vfer Toaster’s chair yoga practice on YouTube- this was very nice, it was gentle & relaxing.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 02-26-21, 04:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Uh oh ... and OH NO ..

Where I have been?

I think I ran short on time on Wed. and yesterday I ran short on sleep, which caused me to run short on time and well ... Sorry to be MIA. I'm here! I'm here!

We finally had a WONDERFULLY warm day on Wed. It seemed to lighten EVERYONE's mood. Smiles abound. Sunshine was out. Snow started to melt (we were around 52-55 degrees.) It was lovely. Although we didn't get out until later in the day - it was still great.

For the first time in WELL OVER a year - my dh and I went to the mall. I wanted to go to Bath & Body Works (I go maybe once every 2 or 3 years to stock up!!!) and it was long overdue. So, we headed out. We're both past the 2 week mark of the second vaccine, so we masked up and off we went. It was a surreal experience. Only going to Costco, bjs, (occiasional walmart trip) and the grocery store over the last year I had NO idea bout the Social distancing. And how they monitor people going in. Hand sanitizing, wiping down EVERYTHING after every customer. All good practices. But wow. Just a totally different experience. The mall was almost like a ghost town. Eerie like. Except for the Apple Store which had a line outside of it of about 8 people. Other than that? Weird.

We also went to Best Buy (and they were busier than the mall). It was sooooo nice to just get out and walk and have sunshine and all that. I didn't realize how much I'd miss just being out and around people (other than my work people). Did us good!

Spring is about 3 weeks away and it will arrive. It will.

Ok, on to the check in:

2/24/2021: Power Zone ride 60 mins. with Matt (for the challenge)**, 45 minute PZ ride with Denis for the challenge, 2 post ride stretches, 10 mins. Emma Lovewell Bob Marley Core (In who's world did I think this was worthy of bookmarking? This was DIFFICULT! lol), 15 minute Core with Matty - totally different moves (also difficult in a different way), row 15 minutes (a breathe - earned my Feb. badge) and then sleep meditation that night.

2/25/2021: Aquil's 30 minute Sweat Row (with awesome music. I bookmarked this one. a REAL keeper), Tread Bootcamp with matty - 20 minutes and the floor portion used resistance bands.

The bands made for a different workout. I am always leary of them as I know they can snap. I used my lighter ones. I am tall, so when I put them under my feet and did shoulder work, it REALLY stretches them. And worries me. I think I'm more paranoid about them breaking/snapping then actually working out with them. But all was well. It did work the muscles in a totally different way. I was DRIPPING with sweat. Felt great!

Aquil's 30 minute row was a cardio workout and again, it was faster and I loved it. (I like Aquil).

**The Power Zone rides have been tough. This 60 minute one was no exception. We were in lots of higher zones. We're working on being able to hold higher zones LONGER. which requires WORK. It's all good though and I don't mind. I truly am loving this 4-5 power zone rides a week. Allows me a lot more time for variety. I hope our group (that branched off) continues with this format. I am loving all my other workouts I'm mixing in with it.

I also was talking in another post about if I stayed consistent and continued to enjoy rowing, I was going to think about getting the Hydrow after a year. I was SHOCKED to discover I"ve been rowing consistently since AUGUST. And with Hydrow for 17 weeks. That Hydrow may be closer than I think. Maybe a Christmas present for myself? Maybe I'll watch and see when they have a next great sale on one. Who knows ... But as you all know - I'm STILL loving it. So I think I may invest in one. I'd surely get my money's worth out of it.

Ok, gotta run. Other checkins to do and gotta hit the bike before work.

Make it a great day!
Waves to all!
TGIF.
Cleda