Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-21, 09:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

LWR Best Arms
LWR Abs & Waist
100 kettlebell swings
plank

We got another couple of inches of snow the other day so yesterday morning I had a little more shoveling to do. It was damp and drizzly and I wasn't up for walking after that so I did the LWR workouts. I like her workouts a lot, quick and to the point. Today is much nicer so I'm hoping for a walk today before a visit with my sister.

The dr appt went well. I have high cholesterol, always have since my 20s when I first started getting it checked. I think part of it is just genetic in my case. The HDL and ratio were always very good so they never suggested any meds. But my LDL has gone even higher (even though the HDL and ratio are still very good) and given my age (over 60), the dr is sending me for further testing to see if there's plaque in the arteries. If there's plaque, then she said I'd need the meds. I am making some dietary and supplement tweaks, but I don't think that's enough if there's already plaque buildup. So we'll see how it goes.

DONNA, sorry about the continued back issues. I hope the foam rolling and other activities offer some relief.

PAT, glad your recovery workout refreshed you. I really enjoyed my LWR visit yesterday. Need to add her in more often.

ROSE, you finished the program, that's the main thing!! And you found some things that were beneficial in it so congrats!

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 06:53 PM  
donnamp

Oh my goodness, today was one of those days... I will catch up tomorrow but my workouts for today:

CS 1117 (??)
Trifecta Pilates Challenge Day # 3 - Legs
Pahla B - February Workouts - Day # 4 - MetCon - Pahla style = not scary
Outdoor walk - finally, some nice weather.

A busy day at work and drama filled as well.

On a very happy note, i think CS is the answer to my back pain - it is so much better after doing CS consistently for three days - the difference in my mobility from Day 1 to Day 3 is amazing.

Now, what I need to do, since I am such a variety junkie - is find my minimum dose of CS required to keep feeling good while giving me time for other workouts I enjoy, too. I do enjoy CS but I tend to get bored with anything after awhile...but I think it needs to be in my routine regularly in order to reap the benefits.

Ok - see you all tomorrow...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

49 minute outdoor walk

Lovely balmy day in the 50s yesterday. Today will be more normal temps but still very nice. I'm planning a walk and maybe more for today.

DONNA, glad the CS seems to be the ticket.

Hi PAT, ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
Old 02-25-21, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1118 - this was a barre routine

Pilates and Yoga w/ Katja - Your Daily Pilates Routine -(20 min). I really enjoyed this routine and Katja's instruction. She has a nice looking channel n You Tube! I plan to do more of her routines in the future - she is calm in her instruction and the setting is pretty too.

Later today I will get my Pahla B workout in and possibly a walk.

It is nice to see some sunshine!

Summer Breeze - I think cholesterol has a big genetic component. Hopefully your follow up tests will turn out well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-25-21, 09:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I haven't been up to much exercise wise. Tuesday I had my eyes dilated at the eye doctor, and yesterday was my second COVID vaccination, so both days I took it easy. Yesterday I at least took a long route and walked across the property where I work to the location where the shots were given.

Once again, tired, fatigued and headache, but I'm grateful too.

Rose, congratulations on finishing Booty Burner!!

Dang Summer Breeze - good luck with the possible placque situation. I hope there is an alternative resolution than meds. Good workout for you though!

Donna good luck with working the CS in. One of the struggles I had with it is that after a 25 minute workout, I couldn't think of an add-on because it whooped me! I hope it continues to help your back.

Waves to Christina if you pop in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 05:27 PM  
Rose

Hello!
Yesterday a walk and today....nothing! I decided to stay in bed and read- except for chores- washing dishes, cooking, laundry, watering plants....okay, I haven't yet made it into bed to read but that's my plan!

Pat- Congratulations on your 2nd dose! People have reported that's the harder dose so take it easy. What a relief it must be.

Summer Breeze There is a thread about lowering cholesterol through fiber foods & supplements : http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...=229704&page=2

I also have high cholesterol no matter my weight, age or activity level so I am going to incorporate some dietary changes and fiber supplements. Good luck!

Donna Glad CS is helping. Maybe do a search for 'same as CS but not CS' and that will help your exercise ADHD?

Waves to Christina and a hearty cheer to all!
Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk today. I think some rain is coming in this weekend but it's better than snow!

DONNA, nice workouts. The last couple of days have certainly been a pleasant change weather-wise.

PAT, I hate getting my eyes dilated. Ugh.
It lasts the whole day for me. I hope you don't get bad side effects with your second vaccine. My sister fortunately had minimal effects from both doses.

ROSE, oohhh reading in bed sounds divine.
Yes my cholesterol has always been high and I exercise, I'm not overweight and my diet is pretty good but always room for improvement of course. I did see that thread and am incorporating some tips. Hopefully my next test won't show plaque buildup and I can avoid meds.

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
Old 02-26-21, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning was:

CS 1119
Moving Mango Pilates - Muscle Strength Full Body Pilates (20 min)

Yesterday, I did get my Pahla B workout in - it was functional fitness and also walked my dog - the weather seems to be improving - hope the trend continues!!

Pat - how are you feeling from the second shot? I watched a video recently that explained why the side effects are worse from the second shot and why that is actually a good thing. I am terrible at explaining such things - but the first shot gears up your general immune system and the second one gears up your response to that particular virus. I like learning those things but I have trouble explaining it!

But I have heard/read that feeling a bit ill after a vaccine is a sort of good thing b/c it means your body is developing antibodies and responding to the virus properly.

Waves, everyone.

I think I'm going to look for a seat cushion for my chair - I think sitting on my chair is aggravating my piriformis -

Glad it is the weekend - I will spend less time in the office chair if nothing else!

Donna
Old 02-26-21, 08:37 PM  
Rose

Hello! Today some walking and bridges with a band.

Question:Where to best learn 'form'? I love Margaret Richard, but I read how people sub her moves. And I'm not sure all of her moves are considered safe now. Is there a basic, no frills, up to date book or DVD for simple weight exercises? I've looked at youtube and have cobbled together some safe moves, but does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks and have a good weekend!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

59 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
plank and push-ups

It's raining right now but I think it will be clearing up later so hopefully a nice walk then.

ROSE, I think MR does have good form, the only reason I sub some moves is because I like other moves better not that I think her form is off or the move is unsafe. I don't do Cathe very often but she's known for having very good form. I don't know if she has any workouts or samples on YT though.

Hi PAT, DONNA & CHRISTINA!

Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx