Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-21, 10:25 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ahh, Pam, your low tide sounds so lovely!!! We have wonderful lakes around here, but I miss the ocean...plus, right now it is snowing.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Cold here, we're coming out of a two day weather system. Thursday was a PITA, yesterday it was actually pretty with the gently falling snow and the roads cleared. I think we have had our fill of cleaning off the cars and shoveling though! I also got almost 8,000 steps running all over the office all day.

Yesterday I accomplished two Lucy's - a standing leg toning barre-inspired one and a standing abs one. And my own yin series for hips and spine.

Sherry, sending you some sleep fairy dust. I hope you get some rest.

Pam, your low tide walk sounds so nice. I just saw a bit of an old movie featuring the Canadian Mounted Police. We crossed the border many years ago on a trip to upstate NY and it was a pleasure meeting them. Do you have them throughout the country or is that a Quebec thing?

Cyana, rolling at the wall sounds like a good idea. I have not yet tried any of Tias's online offerings, other than his material on Glo. The chakra series does sound wonderful. I hope you are feeling better after your train wreck week.

Carolyn, looks like a strong week for you!

Waves all - I feel a nap of sheer exhaustion coming on.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 01:32 PM  
cyana

File this under "Perhaps my day isn't nearly as bad as I'd thought", as this could've happened to you: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-attacked-bear

And, when things really stink, good people step up and remind us that most humans are decent and caring: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/20/us/au...rnd/index.html

I felt like the Pillsbury dough girl all bundled up to go to the farmer's market this AM. Fortunately it wasn't windy, even though it was in the 20's. I'm going to make some soup today - I'm thinking a pot of lentil and a pot of chicken with rice.

And if my toes ever thaw out, I'm going to do a work-out! I may pull out the trusty heating pad, do a little reading and have a cup of hot tea.

Back after I have some meaningful physical activity to report.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 03:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, DH shared that same story with me - so sweet!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-20-21, 04:49 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. I got too busy in the kitchen batch cooking this morning.

Carolyn, I was extremely impressed at how well organized and easy it was to get our covid vaccine. The evidence so far suggests that a full dose of the vaccine — with the appropriate waiting period after the second shot — effectively eliminates the risk of Covid-19 death, nearly eliminates the risk of hospitalization and drastically reduces a person’s ability to infect somebody else. All of that is also true about the virus’s new variants.
We just got our taxes done. I'm relieved it's finished.

Pam, congratulations on finishing 60 days of your Sadhana!

Cyana, I'm glad your YTU balls and heating pad helped your back.
I loved that CNN story--thank you for posting it.
Wow, that woman is lucky the bear didn't kill her.

Sherry, I'm so sick of cooking. I batch prep the things we need get us by for the week. I wish I was in the mood to try out some new homemade soup recipes but I'm not. To be honest, I've always disliked cooking!

Beth, today it is a sunny 67 degrees. Tomorrow it will be 70 and on Monday it will be 74 degrees.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today was a lovely trail walk and a lot of fussing about to set up for filming my Essentrics exam class tomorrow morning. I have a couple of my students coming over & need to social distance while getting them in the frame & not blocking me. I’ll be glad when it’s done!

Thanks Paine! I enjoy cooking, it’s the cleaning up I don’t like. I’m kind of a messy cook, lol. Fortunately DH is good at clean up detail.

Cyana - Thanks for the links to those stories, the CNN one was heart warming! Yikes, those are cold temps for your neck of the woods! Actually that would be cold for us up here. Yum, that soup sounds delicious! I made a clean out the fridge soup yesterday & we finished it off at lunch today. I’m into the “cook once, eat twice” philosophy.

Pat - I hope your storms have moved on! Yes we have RCMP all across the country. Smaller cities & towns often don’t have their own police force and the RCMP are there. We are policed by the RCMP on most of the Island, Victoria being the only exception. They don’t wear the red uniforms and fancy hats every day, those are for show & special occasions, they just have regular dark police uniforms.

Beth - I find the ocean very calming.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 10:41 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, good luck on your Essentrics exam class tomorrow!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 09:16 AM  
cyana

Good Morning!

Pat - I think my exhausted body liked your suggestion about a nap yesterday, as I fell soundly asleep when I bundled up to thaw my toes out and slept for several hours. I felt good when I woke up and slept fairly well last night.

Pam - Good luck filming your class today.

Paine - What all did you bulk cook yesterday? Alas, my cooking will be pushed to today, since I went into Rip van Winkle mode yesterday afternoon. Besides the soups, I'm going to roast some beets and turnips, make some kale chips and possibly whip up a batch of hummus. Guess I'd better get moving!

I ended up doing a restorative yoga practice on my own last evening since I slept most of the afternoon away - including legs up the wall, butterfly, child's pose, forward fold, etc. The sun is out today, so keeping fingers crossed for a walk this afternoon.

Here's today's happy story: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/20/u...rnd/index.html

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 09:37 AM  
sherry7899

I slept better last night. I hope this starts a trend.

This morning I did from you tube:

Team body project Walking Cardio 33 minutes
Yoga Upload-hips/thighs/lower back 12 minutes

Our friend really liked the pumpkin vegetarian chili. I gave him more than half of it since my son won't touch it. I will have some for dinner. I may roast a chicken and make chicken noodle soup in the instant pot. Then I'll have that for lunch all week.

I'll try to check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 11:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, that's great to hear that you finally slept a bit better, I hope it lasts.

cyana, nice that allowed yourself a nap yesterday!

Pam, I find the ocean calming too; I hope it put you in a good mindset for your exam this morning!

Paine, ugh, I think we are under 20 again today. I believe there is some "warming" this week, into the 30s.

I'm about to try livestream from the studio for the first time; I'm doing a special event class, Yoga Sculpt. Since I did a Tracie Long video yesterday and just did a little Piyo as a warm-up, I hope we don't get worked too hard!

Follow me @YogiBethC