Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-13-21, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Paine - Nice combo of workouts! I feel the same about Costco, I think we’ve been there three times in the past year as crowds make me nervous these days. We tend to go in the evening as it is quieter but there is a bit of a lull mid afternoon. Our Costco is in a city called Nanaimo and it’s population is only about 90,000 so it never gets insanely busy like the one in Victoria.

So....we woke up to a winter wonderland & it’s very pretty, but I’ll be happy when it melts! I’m glad we stocked up on food and are set to stay home. We have three hardy palm trees in the yard & DH will have to out and give them a shake as the fronds are getting weighted down.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 12:21 PM  
sherry7899

I took off yesterday since I barely slept. Sleep was not much better last night. I forced myself to do an hour long dance class. I may do yoga later.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 12:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I still have nothing formal to report. Thursday night my niece gave a historical presentation culminating years of research, so I spent my fitness time Zooming that. Between the weather and work, I'm not feeling the fitness love. Send me some motivation, please?

Cyana I adored that booty shaking tortoise! Thank you for the smile.

Pam, your climate never ceases to amaze me - shaking snow off the palm trees?

Everyone keep up those great workouts and have a wonderful Saturday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 02:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, what was the topic of your niece's presentation? That was nice of you to support her! RE the fitness-related motivation, what is one of your favorite things to do that is <15 minutes? Give yourself permission to do just that!

Sherry, sorry about your continued sleep struggles. You are so diligent with exercise and I hope that it helps your body get more rest eventually.

Pam, most of the stores I go to around here are not very crowded, so I don't feel that worried. But last night, I went grocery shopping and was leaning over this refrigerated case - when I stood up, I actually bumped into someone, but that's because she was INCHES behind me!

Paine, have you gotten your exercise mojo back? Seems like you've had pretty consistent workouts this week!

cyana, I appreciate you sharing the funny links too!

Sandra, I hope you are feeling okay - do report back on how your vaccine went!

Today I reached Day 50 in my yoga sadhana (Pam is beyond me!). Not sure if I will continue, at least not formally. I've continued to do Bellyfit Embodied Goddess and really enjoy it (thanks, again, Pat!); I still have two routines left. Although I've been exercising consistently, my stamina for weights work has been pretty low of late, but I did do the second workout from Your Best Body today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 04:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, you might like Mari Windsor Lower Body Pilates, workout #2: Trim & Tone Thigh workout. It's a fun 20 minute workout that I think you'll enjoy. It's mostly side lying leg work.

Beth, congrats on reaching Day 50 in your yoga sadhana!
Hell no! I haven't gotten my workout mojo back yet. I have to force myself to workout. My stamina for weight workouts is bad too. That's why I only did 15 minutes of Jari today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 05:44 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, congratulations on your 50 days of yoga!!! My niece's presentation was primarily on a man named Venture Smith, a slave here. It was a sad enlightenment that we had slaves in this area. She and her colleague waded through stacks of historical documents to piece together what they could about his life, his family's and others similarly situated. One of the big impediments was that slaves and European indentured servants were all lumped together as "servants" on any paper trails. Venture and a slave woman named Minerva are both buried at one of the nature sanctuaries I walk at. Liz only found out about Minerva because a local woman remembered the meaning of her tiny unmarked headstone. A bike path was running right over Minerva and Liz with the help of the historical society was able to have the bike path rerouted. Her work was funded by a grant and they are going to put a statue of Venture in the Stonington Lighthouse Museum because of their work and donations.

Paine - thank you for the thought about the Winsor workout, I do have that one!
Old 02-14-21, 02:24 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit Zoom: Primal Yin
~Day 12 of Adriene’s 30 Day Challenge
~Insight Timer: Leaves on a Stream guided meditation

Our walk in the snow was lovely! There was no wind, it just felt peaceful & calm.

Beth - I’m at 55 days in my Sadhana & I’ll go to 60. That will be a record for me!

Pat - Your niece’s presentation sounds very interesting & timely with the BLM movement.
I’m sorry you aren’t feeling fitness love right now. Maybe a little time with Mari as Paine suggested, might ignite a spark. (((Hugs)))
There is a hardy variety of palm that grows here, called pinwheel I believe, they don’t get really tall like the ones in the tropics. We don’t get below freezing temps often & they are in a sheltered area of our yard.

Sherry - Sending you (((hugs))) too.

Paine - 15 min is always better than nothing!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 10:12 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, it definitely sounds like your niece put a lot of work into her topic.

I hope that both you and Paine re-connect with your exercise love soon. In the meantime, how about practicing some self-love for Valentine's Day - whatever you do or don't do today, it's perfect.

Pam, wow, 60 days! I am afraid that if I push myself to make sure to get in yoga every day for another 10 days, I might start to be annoyed by it. On the other hand, I'm planning to do yoga again today anyway, so we'll see.

ETA: I'm doing a special event at the yoga studio on 4/2 - a yin class that will be available livestream! It will be yin at the wall with guided meditation and readings.
https://www.yoga170.com/events

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 11:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Finally a decent workout to report:

~ Gym for 20 minutes recumbent plus weight machines for the chest, back and lower body
~ 50 step ups
~ Felicia Tomasko "Anti-Aging for Every Body, a nice restorative practice
~ Got over 8,000 steps

The restorative was very interesting - it actually featured movement, it felt like a blend of propless restorative, yin, and qigong while lying on your back. A lot of joint limbering moves.

Beth, the yin at the wall sounds interesting. Thank you for the nudge to practice some self-love.

Pam, that BellyFit zoom sounds fun! So do your palm trees.

I got some inspiration from another check-in to do a workout with a beach backdrop. I have a few of those, so I'm going to find one of those soon.

Have a great rest of your weekend, everyone.
Old 02-14-21, 12:05 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Sorry to disappear for a few days. My workout mojo has been a bit lacking, too, but I like our Beth's idea of using Valentine's Day to rediscover our love of exercise.

I got my first dose of the Moderna Covid vaccine on Friday morning. Have to laugh, as when I raised my sleeve for the shot the nurse complimented me on my arm muscle! Said it made things easier. Anyway the shot went fine. This was at a CVS pharmacy and they had the procedure very well organized. I was in and out in just over half an hour, and that included a 15-minute wait time afterwards to make sure there wasn't an immediate allergic reaction. Other than a modest amount of arm soreness I had no adverse reaction. I'm scheduled to receive my second dose on March 12 (with Moderna you have the shots at least 28 days apart). I feel so very fortunate to have gotten in the queue (so to speak) and I hope that everyone who wants the vaccine will soon be able to get it.

I've been avoiding Costco and most other stores, too, out of concern for the crowds. Just quick in-and-out visits at Safeway for groceries. I've started double-masking (a cloth mask over a paper mask) at work since we are now open to the public at large.

Will be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote