Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-20, 11:36 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
Thank you- I was i initially thinking 'straw', but became paranoid about germs & contaminationfrom the solvents and powders I work with. We are not allowed open containers in my area, so on a technicality I think a straw falls into that. I'm going to have to figure out a better way...all of us were worried about UTI and deyhdration issues ugh
I have the same concerns about contamination. I only used the flexible, capped straws ---so you flip the cap (permanently attached so it won't fall) off the top of the straw prior to drinking and then re-cap. They use these a lot in the hospital system but I have seen them as an option on newer water bottles.

ETA: Maybe even something simpler like a sports bottle would work
Old 05-29-20, 12:57 PM  
suzannaerin

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I ordered some ear savers and found a sewing pattern for making your own. One of the Etsy shops shipped my order already, so at least I'll have one set to use by the time I go back to jail --- I mean work. haha!!! I hope the other one ships/arrives before I go back. The ones on the way are plastic and the others are fabric with snaps.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 01:26 PM  
starbelly

I have made masks using this pattern. What is especially nice about this pattern is that the elastic/tie fits through an opening on the side of the mask which makes the size of the elastic/tie easy to adjust. The pattern has the option to make a pocket for an extra filter as well as to add a nose wire (they recommend bread ties or pipe cleaners).

I had made a number of pleat-style masks, but I found the amount of fabric on my face overwhelming and my glasses did not sit properly on those masks.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 02:47 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post

I had made a number of pleat-style masks, but I found the amount of fabric on my face overwhelming and my glasses did not sit properly on those masks.
This is true. The only way I can wear a mask without my glasses fogging up is to pull the mask high enough up on my nose to set my glasses on top of it. And with the surgical (pleat-style) masks, the glasses don't sit as well and you have material practically in your eyes. But that is still my favorite style, so that's what I wear. I have yet to have found an "Olson" mask that is comfortable and fits well. I've ordered some from Jaanuu, but they are taking forever to ship. And I ordered two (pleat-style) from that gal in California mentioned on the other thread, but apparently, they haven't shipped yet. The tracking number from 5/23 still says pre-shipment.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks