Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-14-21, 08:08 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Something for Helen to read ...

As she'll be reading as I head to bed!

7/13/2021: 8 mins. Jump Rope, Country Core Row with Sera Moon ( 20 mins) 5 mins. Core with Emma (Peloton)

7/14/2021: Jump Rope 20 mins., 30 mins. CDE 60s Ride (Peloton) 10 mins. cool Down ride with Emma and 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch.

That's it. Must get some sleep.
Waves to all!!!
Good night or good morning! Whichever applies.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 11:51 PM  
Helen

I'm taking a pause at work - it's SO annoying being here under conditions that are contrary to the Health Department's instructions. Spent 3 hours last night waiting online (circle of death) to try to make an appointment at the new massive vaccination centre (opens coming Monday) - to get in sooner than the September date I have. Utter failure. They're fully booked with people who've been designated at higher risk than people in corridors shoulder to shoulder, in closed winter rooms with 30 people, .... boy was I ever in a bad mood last night!

CLEDA
Hope you have sufficient ceiling height for the rope work - I couldn't in the gym, it'd hit the light fitting. I'll be watching to see how you go: double dutch in just a couple of months?

I could take San Fran in that loathsome backyard for 5min, but not sure that I have any inclination to add anything else in my 'to-do' list, as it gets neglected too much as it is.

LILI
OK, I'm going to LOOK at those 5min SanFran MiniMoves.
I know what Phala B is like - didn't last with her. Too much talk, taking too long to get to any kind of point.

I'm not at home, so can't say what I did Tuesday/Wednesday - I'll probably get it wrong. It's Thursday afternoon (3pm) for me now.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 04:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
CLEDA
Hope you have sufficient ceiling height for the rope work - I couldn't in the gym, it'd hit the light fitting. I'll be watching to see how you go: double dutch in just a couple of months?

I could take San Fran in that loathsome backyard for 5min, but not sure that I have any inclination to add anything else in my 'to-do' list, as it gets neglected too much as it is.

LILI
OK, I'm going to LOOK at those 5min SanFran MiniMoves.
I know what Phala B is like - didn't last with her. Too much talk, taking too long to get to any kind of point.
Helen: Oh you brought back the thoughts of when we were trying to get vaccines in January (I lucked out, but was trying to get them for friends/family members). Same thing - healthcare workers couldn't even get appointments. Be safe. I don't blame you for being upset.

As for jumping rope inside? Can't do it. That's why I failed miserably for all the times/years I've tried. I would get a rope, try indoors, hit the ceiling fan, try to scoot over, it wouldn't work, give up. So I decided I just need to go outside and do it in my driveway. Neighbors and drive bys be darned. When They see an old lady out there jumping rope. Ha! They'll either think 1.) WOW! look at her tyring to get in shape at her age or 2.) Has she TOTALLY lost her mind this time? I tend to think it will be Door #2. But no matter. I can do what I want. I am a grown up and little do they know.

As for Double Dutch? Yeah ... no. I'm working the basics (bare basics) right now. And that means I have to be able to move the next day. tee-hee. Half kidding. I am feeling it today, but we know what my cure is - A little hair of the dog that bit me. Right now? I'm basic, basic, basic. 30 seconds on (slowly) and 30 seconds rest. That's wayyyyyyyyyy plenty right now. So maybe in a year -- I can master some skills. (I don't need them though, for now? Happy just jumping. Much like the bike - it makes me feel like a kid!)

San Fran's 5 minute rebounder ones are set in a lovely outdoor setting. No concrete walls. It's actually beautiful scenery (and I"m not one to look at the scenery!)

Ok, enough comments. Gotta go exercise. My jump rope is calling me as is my Peloton and anything else that might strike my fancy. I'm on RECESS.

Have a great day!
Cleda
Old 07-15-21, 12:15 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - good luck getting a vaccine appointment! I remember stalking different websites throughout the day and even a few times in the middle of the night when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. It seemed like it would never happen, and then I got a text from our hospital system with a time frame and date within that week. I had registered on their website, but I was registered on several websites, and I was losing hope. I'm sure you'll get one, but sooner would be better considering your work environment! I can't believe they don't want people to leave their homes, but let the retail establishments stay open? That makes no sense. I thought our country handled it poorly, especially in the beginning, but then again, there was no real precedent for this. Hang in there!
Cleda - jumping rope is not for me, my knees would revolt! My ex used to jump rope. He did it in the garage. It's good to mix things up, keeps your interest up. Anyone driving by should give you a thumbs up, I bet they aren't working out!

7/12 - dog walk
Leslie's Walk, Kick & Punch
30 Min. Casablanca Records Run w/ Adrian (while I liked the music, I was not a fan of the run)
Mini Moves Day 4
7/13 - dog walk
Margaret Richard's Good For You, w/0 #2
Burn 30 w/ Leslie
7/14 - dog walk
Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio, the Hi/Low half. I'm not sure I want to do any more of Cathe's older cardio workouts, they seem too frantic! I used to love them, did nothing but Cathe for a few years. I don't mind working hard, but I prefer a slower pace.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 05:53 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

7/15 - dog walk
Gin Miller's Build Up Your Muscles, Weights

This has 4 separate workouts and I did the one using hand weights. I forgot how goofy Gin is and thoroughly enjoyed this workout. It may be geared more as a beginner strength training program, but I still enjoyed it. Now I need to pull out more of her workouts and see if I still like them.

Old 07-16-21, 07:43 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Mustn't leave Lili Alone!!!

Mornin' ladies.

I'm totally immersed in reading, doing, tracking, learning jump rope. You all know how I am. At first I thought my rope was too long, not enough support, maybe I wasn't doing it right. But the rope is fine, I"m fine ... I research too much.

Lili: I hope I do it right so that my knees aren't bothering me. I'm not fast. I don't do a lot and so far? So good. Probably a little less impact than running, so I feel ok about that. I may research a mat to put under (more for preserving the ropes than the cushion?) we'll see. I have nothing to base anything on, since I'm 3 days in? Or is it 4? But yes. It mixes it up and gives me something new.

Waves to Helen and all who are reading.

7/15/2021: Jump rope 10 mins. (I repeated Day #1 just to try), Row 20 mins. Karaoke row with Nick and i liked it. Then 5 mins. Core with Selena. (I hated it) I ended up just subbing in some Emma moves. I should know better than to stray from Emma and Ben for core. They are the ones I enjoy!

Ok, that's it. Lots to do today and I need to get busy.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 07-17-21, 05:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

So much going on

that I don't want to fall behind. So I'll post again and try to keep up.

7/16/2021: Jump rope: 20 mins. (a Youtube video and then Day 1 - again!), Tread Bootcamp with Adrian (45 mins. total body), Power Zone 45 mins. with Matt, 20 mins. Disney Ride with Bradley Rose (low impact 20 mins. - more like a semi-cooldown ride as I sang along. The ride just makes me happy), 5 mins. post ride stretch with Matt

The new Power Zone challenge begins on Monday. I was trying to get a jump on the rides. But I joined "Tier 1" which is the more competitive one. I was going to stick with "tier 2" which just has the schedule and you follow along. Then someone told me I was an athlete and could do fine with "Tier 1" so go for it. And I fell for peer pressure. Seriously?!? Yep! Imagine that. The schedule came out and of course, the ride I did today was fine. BUT I get more points if I do the alternate ride choice . Ooops ... Guess what I'm doing today? Good grief. :: slaps head :: emoji should be inserted here.

The difference of the two tiers: They do NOT publish any of our stats (watts, power, speed, etc.) They only post our names and what rides we do. More of the alternate rides? Higher the points. Alternate rides are fine. I would be doing them anyway. I was just sooooo hoping they didn't do tabata every day. (But they are wiser than that and know the body needs rest.) So ... there you have it. I'm in Tier 1. I'll do fine. AND It's only 4-6 rides per week.

I guess you all get to hear about my challenge now. This one is 6 weeks long, so until August 30th. What would I do without these challenges?!?!? I've found "my people".

Jump Rope is going well. Yesterday I used a yoga mat outside. To see how it would be with cushioning. They have mats on the site, but I want to be sure that I'll keep doing it. Still deciding on the length. Knots? No Knots? Shorter rope? Longer rope? I still have about 54 days to decide. I should know by then (maybe). Yesterday I went to Home Depot and bought 2 garage anti fatigue mats (as suggested on the forum for jump rope) and I"ll try them.

AND ... today and tomorrow are Pokemon Go Fest. Dh hasn't played in a super long time, but I convinced him to get a ticket and spend the weekend playing. (It means a lot to me). So it will be like old times, going to the park, meeting up with friends, etc, etc. YAY!!!!

Ok, babbling (as usual!) Make it a great day. Off to exercise, get chores done and be ready to get out and "Catch 'em all".

Cleda
Old 07-17-21, 04:40 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - love the enthusiasm! Catch those Pokemons, or whatever it is you chase. Glad you got hubby to go along. It's probably good for him, too. As far as your Peloton challenge, Tier 1 sounds like it's a good fit. You know you like to push yourself and you are an athlete!

Last week I decided to break down and buy a new TV for my workout area/basement. After doing some research on TV's with the best Internet connection, we went to Best Buy. After talking to a very helpful salesperson, he suggested a Mini Mac or a ChromeBook that we could connect to the current TV. We ordered a ChromeBook and picked it up today and hubby & I hooked it up. It works great! I can now get Bellicon and GetHealthyU again! Barre3 worked fine as well. The only problem is Peloton! It won't load! So we downloaded the APP. It loaded, I tried to play a workout and it was playing in slow motion! I tried several of them, same thing. I had been running Peloton through my iPad and ChromeCast, but we had to take ChromeCast off to make room for the new ChromeBook. I will try calling Peloton in the next few days and see if they have a solution. With any luck, it's something simple, but it's frustrating!

7/16 - Beach Day! I did a 2.74 mile walk on the beach. That was it.
7/17 - dog walk
Barre3 Strength Training with Justin
GHU Indoor Interval Walk

And yes, Cleda, in Delaware it's the beach. I grew up outside of Philly and we used to go to the shore. It took me a while to adapt!

Old 07-17-21, 09:31 PM  
Helen

I'm way behind!!

LILI
Hope the slow motion Peleton is sorted easily for you - nice that everything else flowed well - new tech is almost always a chore to set up.
That a long beach-walk.

CLEDA
Why am I not surprised that you joined the more competitive Power Zone challenge? You ARE an athlete! You sound so happy - especially with the "I've found my people".
Glad your DH joined you for Pokemon - sweet for him to do it because you wanted him to.

So... when did I last post?
Tuesday
36min, Tracy York & Michell Dozois - Work It Off Cardio Dance
JMBR ROTA: 36min, Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution - Phase 1 - Workout 2
Wednesday
CHRONO: 59min, Cathe - Slow & Heavy - Chest, Back, & Planks
Thursday
JMBR ROTA: 31min, Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution - Phase 1 - Workout 1
BUDDY: 48min, Cathe - Fit Split - Low Impact Cardio | Metabolic Conditioning
Friday
JMBR ROTA: 36min, Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution - Phase 1 - Workout 2
YOGA: Adriene - True - Day 02 Trust
Saturday
CHRONO: 64min, Cathe - Slow & Heavy - Legs & Shoulders
JMBR ROTA: 26min, Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution - Phase 1 - Cardio 1
BUDDY: 48min, Les Mills - Body Jam 23
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 05:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Post and then off to "catch 'em all"

Morning Ladies!!!

Yeah. I suppose Tier 1 is where I belong. I did a couple of workouts yesterday and was fine with it. So onward.

I used the 2 mats from Home Depot for jumping and they worked well. I am not totally sure about the length of the rope though. (Still time to decide). I truly think I'll be happier with shorter. Just the thought of going through and exchange/return requires effort.

Pokemon Go fest was fun. It was cut short by bad thunderstorms (but it was hot and humid, so we really had had enough anyway). I came home and finished from my couch! lol. I got several shinys so it was fun. Today is day 2 and it focuses on raids, so we'll see what special research tasks and raids I can do!

7/17/2021: Jump rope 15 mins. (still such a beginner)!!! 45 minutes hits & Hills with Sam Yo, 45 mins. Power Zone Endurance with Denis a Post Ride Stretch

Lili: I haven't heard of that issue with Peloton (but never went looking for it either!) I hope you get it straightened out quickly. I still would love to get Bellicon to play on my tv without the pause of mirror imaging it. I hate that and as a result? Just don't use the app as much as I think I might.

Helen: Consistency is key! Look at you!!!

Waves to all lurking. Gotta go.
Cleda