Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-09-21, 03:54 AM  
Helen

Can't leave Lili alone!

So... last post was Sunday.
Been hard to get ON - timing out, New Posts gives database error... so I go another way, and get sidetracked on another tab rather than watch the circle of death.

But, I'm HERE, I'm IN!!

Monday (Manic Monday = choreo day)
41min, Christi - Solid Gold Step - 1st Half Mix
Took it to a higher level, hence only the first half.
59min, Cathe Chrono - Slow & Heavy - Chest, Back, & Planks
Increased weights by 1kg and was much more productive (DOMS )
DH walked Alice.
As I said I would, DID get that shirt cut out the night after Bridget left for Sydney. Busy pattern, Aboriginal designer. Matched the pattern wherever I could - centre front, pockets on front, side seams.

Tuesday
Sewed all day. Might have finished the shirt had I not had overlocker (serger) issues. Took me HOURS to discover that if the bottom looper comes unthreaded, all 4 threads need to be taken out & rethread IN A SPECIFIC ORDER for it to run properly. DH took Alice out.

Wednesday
Spent the day in bed - with a bad headache. Suspect it was due to eye-strain from sewing all the previous day & the fiddling with the overlocker - threading loopers & needles many times. DH took Alice out.

Thursday
Finished the shirt, but given the previous bed-ridden day, thought it best not to jump. Just walked Alice, but with a friend who visited, and it was for 2 hours - easy pace.

And now it's Friday evening & I'm here with my log/database deciding what to do - not long tidied all the sewing mess - put a little on the collarbone zone, peeks out under the collar, in hand embroidery. It was a way to mend a tiny hole I'd not noticed when it was cut out. The fabric is 33 years old ! being designer, it has "Jimmy Pike 1988" on the selvedge.

COVID
Sydney schools will NOT go back the first week but do the online thing again. My area is to go back but with distancing for ADULTS ONLY (). Not sure what other criteria will be applied.

Not going to Preview Post as I usually do - with VF being glitchy, don't want to risk losing post.

Have a great weekend!!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 06:46 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I did have one day where I had a delay in posting. Luckily, when I came back later in the day my post was still here and it worked! I hate having sewing machine problems in the middle of a project! Once you've put in the work, you just want to keep going and finish, not mess with a machine. I'm glad you got it sorted out, but sorry about the headache.
Cleda - I know you're out there!

7/7 - beach day! We drove to the beach for the day since the temps here were mid 90's and humid. Much nicer by the water, and the water is a great way to cool down. One hour beach walk plus my push-ups.
7/8 - dog walk
Second half of Cathe's Maximum Intensity Strength. I didn't come close to Cathe's weights, but matched my index card from the last time I did this one.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 09:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I'm here! I'm Here!!!!

A lot going on and of course, the no entry through new posts. That's the link I always use. I am so glad that i happen to read it in one of the posts as I was skimming through Facebook. To be honest? I am not sure I would have been smart enough to try an alternate way to get in. I may have just gotten aggravated and left. (not unusual for me as I get more mature! Ha! If it's not easy? I don't do it.) Now I come in through the actual forum and then look at the different categories. (But mostly only go to the ones that have my arrow.) I will also copy all of this post before I try to post it so I don't lose anything. Cuz well --- that would really be annoying.

I do have a legitimate reason though for not checking in: Our power was out. (Bad thunderstorm came through and that was it for 28 hours). But it was only 28 hours not 5 days worth. tee-hee.

I sent Lili my graph of when I finished my 8 week run 2. (Hallelujah and never to return!) so she knew I was around and working out. and BTW .. the software used for that syncs with the Peloton app and is called MPaceline. I pay an annual subscription, (and I put it on my ipad) but it gives me lots of information and well worth it for me. I use a heart rate monitor while on the tread, so it doesn't pull in near the information I would get if I had the actual Treadmill (Peloton) but I'm not going there! What i have works fine. It also gives me wonderful data on my rides (which does have a lot more information since I do have the bike!) Anyway ... I love pretty colors, graphs, data, information, comparisons. So for me? The annual cost of it is well worth it. I think they have a trial (you can save 15 workouts?) or at least they used to. If you wanted to try it.

\PSA about MPaceline

Helen: sadly, any "designer" anything falls short on me. But I'll take your word for it. I hope the headache (and you) feel better. Covid strikes again. I don't even want to know what's going to happen when OUR weather gets cold again with the Delta variant around. Not going there. Just not going there.

Lili:
I think I have to investigate the 5 minute rebounder workouts. At least it would get done every day and I can do 5 minutes (that's how I started with my daily ab workouts). What's 5 minutes? and it counts. I miss my rebounder, but rarely make the time to do 10-30 mins. workouts. Hmmm. Must investigate. Thank you for mentioning it! and kudos to US for getting that run program done. Not sure I'll do another one. But never say never. (Silly badges!) I need to get to the beach this year. (We call it the shore.) lol

Waves to anyone reading/lurking. (Please jump in !!!!)

Alright, time to catch up! on to me, me and all me:

7/4/2021: 30 mins. PZ CDE ride, 15 mins. Tragically Hip "All For One" (AFO from now on) ride with Emma , 20 mins. AFO ride with Sam Yo "Imagine Draons", 5 minute CD ride with Alex, 5 mins. PR stretch, 10 mins. AFO Core, 20 mins. AFO legs, 45 minutes Row. (what else do you do on a holiday?)

7/5/2021: (continuation of the holiday weekend): 45 minutes You can run with Becs. Week 8 run 2. Done and dusted!!!. 10 mins. AFO Cool Down run with Cahse, 45 mins. Endurace ride wtih Denis (for the challenge) 5 mins. AFO Ally cool down ride (Tina Turner) 10 mins Focus Flow hips (yep! for the challenge)

7/6/2021: Just couldn't face doing a Christine ride for the challenge so did the alternate: 45 mins. Sweat Steady with Jess King. (loved it ~ her music was all over the place. Some for me, some for hard rockers. She started out with Copa Cabana. How could we go wrong?!? She makes me work hard and I don't even realize it. And there was Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" which is my outdoor climbing song. So a sing a long. ) 5 mins. Cool Down ride, 5 mins. stretch

7/7/2021: (No power) 20 minutes Peloton Audio Outdoor Latin Walk with Adrian (actually did it outside), row 30 mins. to a Peloton outdoor country power walk with Selena **

7/8/2021: Power is back! But had to get to work early so 30 mins. power zone Ride with Denis, 5 mins. Core strength with Matty

** new badge alert!!!
it is for "Get Out and Move" and it's a nice little outdoorsy-type badge. Sounds good? right? Figured my outdoor audio ones would count towards it. NOPE .... Out of 37 workouts roughly 11 of them are actually outdoors!?! are you kidding me? So I did a core one that counted (done indoors). Crazy. They should relabel the name of the badge. But I will earn it anyway. I have plenty of time.

Ok, gotta run. Didn't realize it's almost 10 a.m. Lots to do today. Make it a great day.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 09:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Dancing with myself ....

LOL! It's one way to keep my check in shorter!

7/9/2021: 45 mins. Power Zone endurance ride w/Matt (for the challenge) 20 mins. AFO Tina Turner ride with Ally (for fun) 5 mins. Cool Down ride (grateful dead with Denis!!!) 5 mins. stretch, 10 minutes body weight only with Ben Alldis, 10 mins. Core strength with Callie Gulickson, 5 mins. San Fran day 1 rebounding

Well, use it or lose it. I found the rebounding HARD. What the heck?? I went in all cocky since I was holding all the planks fore arms and regular in Callie's core workout (she did 6 sets of them ranging in time from 30 seconds to 50 seconds) ... Yeah. As if. Hit the rebounder? HOLY MACKERAL. How is this possible? I do have the ultra bungees on mine, so I have to remember, my bounces may not be in sync with hers. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. But boy was I sweating.

A friend posted a one month Rebounding rotation with Naomi Joy, but at this point? Now I'm wondering if I can really even do that. I might start with the beginner one. But 45 mins. at a time? oy ....

It always amazes me that we get stronger on what we focus on. So cycling, running, weight lifting, all that ??? Pretty good ... Now the rebounding???? And I am still thinking about starting to try jump rope. Anyway ....

That's all folks. (It certainly didn't minimize my post did it? By talking to myself.) Guess I'm just a talker. As if there was any doubt?!?

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 07-10-21, 09:37 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

7/9 - dog walk
Jenny Ford's Walk Across America Massachusetts
20 Min. Walk & Run with Jess Sims (trying to add a little extra running each week without bothering my knees)

Cleda - When I logged on to Peloton, the Get Out and Move Challenge came up, I thought about it for 3 seconds, and said NO! I don't like to quit anything, and I'm not ready to be tied to anything that makes it feel like work. That's part of my love/hate relationship with Stepbets! I've only done 1 of the Mini rebounder workouts so far, I'll report back when I've done more.

Old 07-10-21, 08:02 PM  
Helen

Dancing alone? This one does NOT dance - EVER!

So Friday - worked, worked and did some more work.
Was determined to work only ONE day of the holidays, but there was so much to do, and the department's website had problems so it was

slooooooooowwwwwww..........

BUT got everything done that I was supposed to.

CLEDA
I've done a Naomi Joy rebounder workout with Kathryn (buddy). She was great! Outside at the Olympic Village In Vancouver, Canada. There was one I looked at, in the woman's back yard - concrete on the ground, brick wall, with a faded timber fence behind it. Just. Couldn't. Here's the vid.

LILI
I agree that workouts should be something to look forward to, not feeling like a chore.

Saturday
41min, Cathe - LITE - Metabolic Blast
and feeling my glutes just a tad today
Also made more masks - with the Sydney outbreak being treated lightly by Sydneysiders it's spreading - the daily new case numbers are RISING. 50 yesterday, 52 today, but not in my area .... yet?

A full-on rant about it was typed, edited, then deleted.

Since Bridget has been to the problem zone recently - asked the question as to whether I should not go to work until she's had a negative test (recommended a week after leaving the area - which will be Tuesday - result comes the same day) but my principal said no, go to work - hence making more masks.

Have a good week - hoping mine is NOT "interesting".

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-11-21, 09:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Polar opposites

Helen: including our seasons - when you're winter, we're summer. I followed that link and chuckled, as it's "San Fran" and I adore her. I also like Naomi Joy but the 30 day 5 minute series that I'm doing (and Lili has touched on) is by San Fran. Given what you posted? Do NOT try it! And her 5 mins. end up 7 or 8 mins, but that's ok. Naomi has the advanced rotation that my friend listed. On 2Lazy4thegym. I'll see if I can find a link. The website is such a wealth of information!!!!

Here it is: https://2lazy4gym.com/2021/07/09/nao...PFBfrbdv4VYREw

Lili: I am going to try and do the 5 mins. 30 day rotation from San Fran (if nothing else - to use my Bellicon - that's how my rowing started! ) Just not enough hours in the day for all the stuff I want to do.

Waves to all lurking and reading. Jump on in! The water 's fine!

Some tidbits:
  • Helen: Please feel free to rant about covid ANY TIME. You didn't need to delete it. We've been through it and understand. I also worry with fall coming in a few months and the Delta variant out there. OY
  • Lili: Get out and Move Challenge/Badge! I did it. It was deceiving. It's only 4 workouts in a certain number of days (Plenty of time) but they aren't the workouts you'd think. I thought they'd be all outdoor audio ones. NOPE. But I fnished it up yesterday with (of all things) chair yoga and a body weight strength?!? but it's done. ONWARD

And I see I went over all that get out and move badge stuff previously. Ooops. Oh well. skim over or skip!

7/10/2021: Low, low energy today. Don't know why. Rebounder kicked my butt? Who knows. but boy was I low energy. Maybe it was just my every 2 week low period? Who knows. I did 30 mins. of a Sweat Hydrow workout and a 5 mins. cool down, then moved on to Bodyweight strength (20 mins. Adrian - HATED it), then 10 mins. chair yoga. And as always I have to ask - did I hate the bodyweight workout cuz I was exhausted or just not like it. Too many pushups, planks and side planks. I think I didn't like it.

Today is a new day. I've already been out to gas up the car, swing in to Walmart and do some chores. So, energy is back where it should be. Workout is not till late afternoon when I do my FINAL challenge ride of this challenge. New one begins on 7/19. Not much of a recess. . .

Ok, gotta run.
Cleda
Old 07-12-21, 12:07 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Just when I think I'm checking in every day, I find I'm not!

7/10 - dog walk
Barre3 Signature w/ Natalie
SanFran Mini Moves, Day 2
Walk & Tone w/ Nadia from Leslie's site
7/11 - 2.5 mile dog walk
Mini Moves Day 3
Pahla B Cardio and Balance, Day 3

Helen - you can rant about Covid, it touches all of us. I'm amazed at how badly Japan has handled it, especially with the Olympics about to start! What a mess!
Cleda - the Mini Moves are surprisingly tough! Day 3 wasn't as bad, so they may vary.

I was hoping to run outside this morning, but when I let the dogs out at 5:30am it was already extremely humid! Yuck! This is when I'm grateful for my treadmill!

Old 07-12-21, 05:49 PM  
Helen

Monday
Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step - Second Half First Mix, 8"
Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution - Workout 1

For Christi - First time I've done the whole thing at 8". At one point I paused it to check how long to go (tired) and only 6min, YES, I can do that much more.

Promised Kat999 that I'd re-start JMBR. Increased the weight just a tad, & feeling bits & pieces today. Nothing drastic, just noticeable.

LILI
Ok - RANT!
Australia is one of the few countries that has not prioritised teachers - because we are not valued as essential services, but we MUST return to work.
State Government - masks are mandatory indoors everywhere except one's own home.
Department of Education (state government) says they're only recommended for teachers & senior students in schools.
One department contradicting another.
NSW Premier says in the Greater Sydney area - only 1 person to leave the house, once per day, for essential shopping, but has NOT required that NON-essential shops, like designer bag stores in Sydney CBD etc... NO stores have been made to shut - not even restaurants!!!
ARRGGGHHH!!!
112 NEW cases overnight, something like 24 of them roaming the community whilst infectious - the rest caught it from known contacts or in their own home.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-13-21, 05:48 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

"New Posts" is back to working

Makes coming to VF so much easier. I didn't realize how much I just click on "new Posts" and that's it. silly, but true. I worry (like everyone) that some day I'll come here and it will be totally defunked never to return. :: sigh :: Glad we have other means to reach out. But I do love our little check in!

Helen: How can they NOT prioritize teachers??? Good grief! That's all I'll say! and stay safe.

Lili:
I agree that the 5 minute San Fran workouts ARE surprisingly tough and I was quite achey from it. Go figure. I have to go back and do Day 2. (Never made it beyond day 1 - it scared me!)

On to me, me and all me.

7/11/2021: 6 mins of Jump Rope**, 60 minutes Power Zone endurance (last ride of this challenge), 10 mins. AFO Cool Down Ride with Leanne (I forget who the artist was, but I did like her music!), 10 mins. Barre with Hannah corbin (legs - and boy oh boy did I feel this - reminded me of Mari Winsor's buns & thighs workout. OUCH! ), 20 mins. Core, 10 mins full body stretch, 10 mins. Yoga

7/12/2021: 8 mins Jump Rope, 20 minutes Becs Stone Pilots Run on treadmill or something or other AFO, 5 mins. cool down walk with Becs, 5 mins. Abs with Ben Alldis. I'm getting good at holding my planks.

** I have decided that this is my new "thing". I've taught myself step aerobics, hula hooping, rebounding, kettlebells, to row - and now I'm going to learn to JUMP ROPE. I won't go crazy. Just starting slow (much like I did with rowing). It's just something new, to use different muscles and help with my stamina. I have watched many you tube videos and continue to do so. I had ZERO idea there is a technique (and of course, would have done it all wrong if I did it on my own.) Silly me! I do 10, 15 or 25 jumps at once, take a break, do some more. So it's not steady. It is a tough workout (for me) but I see lots of potential for growth. I am sore (in of all places?) My inner quad muscles?? Bizarre. But it is definitely using some different muscles. (then again, are they sore for from the 2.5 mile run or the barre or the jump rope or a combo? Don't know.) But ... I think it will be a nice addition to my routine.

I have to do it outside. All these years? I tried to do it inside and I just don't have enough room. Ceilings are too low, can't really do it. Finally bit the bullet and moved it outside. Neighbors be darned! (When they drive by). Old lady jumping in driveway. Ha! what a hoot! Then again? I'm doing it. So phooey on anyone else. I need to get over myself. (and I am!) It's also portable, so I can pack it in a suitcase and take it with me. Will I do it in the winter? Probably not. But for now? It works! We'll see how it continues. (or not!)

So many choices, so many things to do .... Love it. Love exercising (most times).

Next challenge - a bit of a new twist - begins on Monday the 19th. Not long for a recess. There are 2 tiers to this one. Competitive one and a group, comradrie one. I will be in the latter (I don't think of myself as competitive. Goal oriented? yes! Competitive? No. So give me a list of workouts, a deadline and how/when to do them and I will comply. I don't care where on the leaderboard I am though! Just that I finish them!)

That's it for now.
Waves to all.
Cleda