Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-23-21, 05:06 PM  
Cher

My dad has been sleeping most the day today after his hellish day he had yesterday. My mom said now that might want to put a feeding tube in his nose. He will flip out! I just can’t take seeing him like this. My mom doesn’t think he’s doing very well. I’m so sad. I’ve been crying for 2 hours and just can’t seem to get myself out of it.

JBliff - Joseph did an At home Covid test last Monday ( a week ago) which said positive. He then went for the Covid test that you had to wait for results which came back positive. He had already been sick for a week prior when he went to take the test where you wait for results. So the 2 tests he did yesterday that came up negative is 2 weeks after he initially started getting sick. He’s company wanted them to have a negative Covid test before they go back into the office.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 06:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I'm so sorry. It is heartbreaking to watch your parents or anyone you love go downhill and be unwell. Praying this is all just a temporary setback and he will regain his health.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 07:21 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Cheryl, I'm so sorry. It is heartbreaking to watch your parents or anyone you love go downhill and be unwell. Praying this is all just a temporary setback and he will regain his health.
Thank you Vannie. I know you recently went through this with your mom.
Old 11-23-21, 07:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher so sorry to hear that your Dad is having a rough time. Sending hugs. Thank goodness he finally got some sleep because sleeplessness can make agitation worse. Have they done a swallowing test to see if he can swallow? When I worked in ICU speech therapists would come daily after the first day to test swallowing. Many people got their swallowing back ok and did not have to have a feeding tube. Fingers crossed. I am thinking of you and your family.

Today I did a 30 min recovery run on the treadmill and yesterday I went to Burn for total body. Very upper body focused which was nice. Push-ups, assisted pull-ups, biceps curls, lateral raises and so on. Legs got good work too.

Jbliff I have not heard anything about mutation but I do know that we are seeing mostly flu A which is the more severe variant. Can cause a high fever, bad muscle aches and the kind of fatigue where you are down for the count. DH had it a few years ago and did not get out of bed for 24 hours except to go to the bathroom.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 09:12 PM  
Cher

Thank you Karen. They are supposed to do some kind of test tomorrow for my dad. I’m not sure exactly what but it has something to do with him swallowing. I hope they do not have to do the feeding tube.
Old 11-24-21, 10:07 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a brisk walk in town + Rev'd Up Rumble + core + a yoga practice from Youtube.

Cher
- So sad to hear about your dad. I pray for his recovery. Hugs to you.

Karjoy - Wow, that flu strain sounds bad. Glad I got my flu shot in October.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 09:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I hope your Dad is successful with his swallowing test. Even if he does not do well the first time the speech therapists come back every day or 2 to check for improvement. Seems like almost all our patients got their swallowing back. Thinking of you and your family.

Jbliff it was 29 degrees this am! It was only supposed to get to 36 degrees. But it warmed up to the mid 60s late afternoon. How long are your preferred Yoga workouts from You Tube?

Resting today. Waves to Gibbee and Vannie.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 06:35 AM  
Cher

My dad didn’t pass the swallow test so they put in a temporary feeding tube. It was awful. He looks so sad. They were going to wait a couple days to do the swallow test again in a day or two but since it’s a holiday and they can’t probably do the test again until Monday, they wanted to put it in since it’s been a week since he’s been in the hospital with no food. It’s so irritating because we don’t even know if this hospital is giving him good care or not. It’s not been the best in our opinion but It’s the closest hospital to my mom’s that’s why they ambulance took him there. He was swallowing on Monday night still, the day he was so agitated and the next morning he wasn’t. Makes me wondering if all the trauma from that day did something to him. My dad was talking better yesterday though (not so garbled) so we thought that was good and then they came and did this to him. He just looks so sad. I think he thinks he’s going to die. He told my sister and I not to fight over the cabin. I don’t think I will ever stay at the cabin if him or my mom were gone. I just couldn’t do it. This is just so sad and hard seeing him go through this.

I did 1 Jenny Ford Walk Accross America Walk just to make myself do something.
Old 11-25-21, 11:49 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I'm so sorry things aren't improving yet. I hope that even though the feeding tube was unwanted that the extra nutrition will give your dad some strength back and it will be a short term necessity only. I'm glad you live so close to your parents and can see him and help your mom. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for this group!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 03:28 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body + a yoga practice from Youtube using weights and a weighted vest for some moves.

Cher - I echo what Vannie said. I hope the feeding tube will help your dad recover in the long run. I feel so bad for you and your family.

Karjoy - The Youtube yoga practices I've been doing range from 30 to 40 minutes. They are mostly bone-building yoga practices.

Waves to everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote