Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-19-21, 06:11 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Cheryl, I'm so sorry. If it's okay I will ask my family to pray for him too. Hugs to you.
Thank you! I would appreciate it!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 07:58 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending up some prayers for him.
It’s early in the process of the acute period and then recovery so don’t give up hope! Lots and lots of people fully recover but it often takes some time.

Also sorry to hear about Joseph. The epidemiologists have said the same thing you said: if you aren’t vaccinated it’s just a matter of time. Hope he recovers soon.

We are having very high rates of flu down here. Unusual for this early in the season. Our pharmacies are running low on or out of Tamiflu completely.

I did 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and 3.5 miles outside today. We now get off at 1:30 on Friday so I had some daylight.

Anyone traveling for the holidays?

Waves to everyone.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 07:35 AM  
Cher

Went to the hospital and saw my dad yesterday. He seems pretty miserable. He didn’t want my mom to leave him his hearing aids or his glasses because he doesn’t want to lose them. He doesn’t have a tray or table to set anything on and he says he can’t take his hearing aids in and out with one hand. So it was hard to talk to him. They did give him a stethoscope to put in his ears and I talked through that but it started hurting his ears. He was still in a bed in the ER being monitored because there wasn’t a room anywhere. The 2 PT people that came in seem to think they can get him up and moving. My dad told them he has to get back on his feet and he’s getting agitated because they aren’t coming in helping him exercise enough. They did say last night when my mom was there that his leg moved a tiny bit and they could tell he was pushing on their hand.

Now workouts. As you might remember when I worry I can’t exercise. I know that supposedly helps but I just can’t seem to force myself. I’m going to try to do something this morning.

I’m going to a memorial luncheon for a friend of mine that I used to work with. She had breast cancer and by the time she found out, it was already stage 4 and spread everywhere. It makes me so sad. I have been friends with the people I worked with there for over 30 years. We all worked together and were single at the right time of our lives and had a lot of fun together. I’m meeting 2 of the other girls and we are going together. It will be nice to see them, I just wish it was under better circumstances and that the one whose memorial it is was with us also. I guess she will be with us in spirit.

Karen - How nice you get off earlier on Fridays. We were supposed to go to my mom’s for TG. As of now, she is still planning on it. I told her we don’t have to have the big todo but she already bought everything so she is still going to make it. It will be weird because it will just be my mom, Me, DH & DS (his 14 days wait time should be done but he’s going to take a rapid test next week to make sure). It’s my sister’s turn with her BF family. The hospital where my did is is just across the main road from my mom’s so we will probably go up and see my dad before going to my moms or my mom and I will go up together. They are only allowing 2 visitors a day.
Old 11-20-21, 08:52 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Thanks for keeping us updated on your dad. It's good that the people at the hospital think they can get him moving again. My heart goes out to you about your friend who just passed.

Karjoy - That is so surprising about the flu. Do you have any idea why it's so bad where you are? Are people not getting the flu vaccine?

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 06:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher thanks for the report on your Dad and it is wonderful that the PTs note some movement. Hope he gets a room soon. My PT friends say they can only do the bare minimum with patients in ER. Once he gets to a room with more space and an electric bed they can help him more I suspect. I think our hospitals here still allow only one visitor. Maybe it will help your Mom to do Thanksgiving full out.

Jbliff I can’t figure out why we have so much flu either. We do have 3 colleges here which I am sure plays a role. Could be that the vaccine is not terribly effective this year.

Ran 5.5 miles this am. Absolutely beautiful day.

Vannie and Gibbee hope you ladies are doing well.
Old 11-21-21, 01:17 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing / Legs & Glutes + a yoga practice from Youtube.

Karjoy - Interesting theory about the flu vaccine. I saw that the CDC is investigating big outbreak of flu cases at the University of Michigan (cases up 37% from last year--but 77% of the people who got sick didn't get the flu vaccine). At least 3 other universities are seeing big jumps in flu cases as well.

Cher
- Thinking about you and your family today. I hope your dad is doing better.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 11-21-21, 07:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Heather and I ran 10 miles this am. We did 3 min run/1 minute walk intervals which worked great.

Jbliff I just heard yesterday the this year’s predominant flu strain in H3N2 which can be pretty bad. Fingers crossed that it will calm down!

Night all.
Old 11-22-21, 08:32 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in town + 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- I heard the same thing about the H3N2 flu strain, but the CDC says it might mutate to something else later?!

I hope everyone is doing well. Waves.
Old 11-23-21, 06:53 AM  
Cher

It is like a rollercoaster ride with my dad. Yesterday he was so agitated that he kept trying to take the IV and the other stuff off because he’s going home (he’s not) but in his head he is not staying. I was there for about 6 hrs and my mom for over 7 hrs and the whole time he was begging us to get things off he’s got to get out of there. It’s so discouraging. Earlier before we got there, they had him sitting up on the side of the bed exercising his leg, so all he kept saying is he’s got to move his leg more and there not doing it enough. They told us not to do it with him because he has to be held to do it. It was exhausting. They gave him Adavan (sp?) to try to calm him a little and it made it worse. They gave him something to sleep before we were leaving and they tried to get him comfortable and told us to leave. My mom called a couple hours later and he was still at it. He did not sleep much the night before and was so tired yesterday but would not give up. He had to be exhausted. The nurse said they were going to give him something with his night meds that he had Saturday night when he was like that that worked within a couple minutes to get him to sleep. Hopefully he finally got some rest.My mom will call this morning when she gets up and see. It just kills me hearing him begging us to help him go home.

Covid….Joseph did an at home Covid test yesterday that was negative so he went to a place in town to get a Rapid Test, and that was also negative. His taste and smell is starting to come back a bit too. It is weird, when I look at the sign at the hospital with Covid symptoms listed, not one Joseph had except the loss of smell and taste and that didn’t happen until 3 days after his cold symptoms.

Also, one of my little cousins who is 11 years old tested positive for Covid. She is diabetic so we are a little concerned for her but so far she is doing okay.

Workout yesterday before going to the hospital was Jenny Ford Coast to Coast Hawaii Interval Step.
Old 11-23-21, 03:37 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Weight & Bands + core.

Cher - I'm sorry your family is going through a lot these days. I hope the nurse is able to get your dad the right meds to keep him calm and help his recovery. I'm confused about Joseph's test. Didn't the PCR test show that he had COVID? Does it mean he's OK now? I know the rapid tests are not as accurate as the PCR test. Its' good though that his taste and smell are coming back.

Waves to all. Have a good day.