Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-13-21, 07:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Today Katy and I ran 12 miles. She picked out a really pretty route through a nearby neighborhood. We did intervals of 2 min run and 1 minute walk and that seemed perfect. It was nice and cool too.

Definitely seeing more flu. It’s not widespread yet but. I fear it will be soon. Jbliff our masking rate seems very low now. Some stores are better than others though.

Vannie butt floor massage is an interesting name for a workout or chapter of a workout.

Waves to everyone.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 07:10 AM  
Cher

It’s been a fun but crazy week with these 2 dogs here. They get along well but do get into the running around chasing and play fighting with each other which makes me crazy sometimes. I’ve managed a couple walks and a couple actual workouts. Probably no workout tomorrow (will try to do something today) since I have to go early with my sister to another appointment.

I’m really liking the new WW plan. You get points for drinking water, eating vegetables, and for exercising. We’ll see how this goes. At least I’m back down to my WW free Lifetime weight. Of course I still need to get lower so I can have some leeway.

JBliff - sleep…ugh! When my SIL’s BF and my BIL dropped off their dogs, they told us the dogs sleep in both their beds with them. We were not planning on putting 2 dogs in our bed but that’s what we ended up doing because otherwise we’d get no sleep at all instead of just interrupted sleep. It’s been interesting….2 dogs and 2 adults in a queen size bed. .

Vannie - how was the musical? I love going to that kind of stuff.

Karen - DH and I got our flu shots about a month ago. Are your temps getting more comfortable down there. I took the dogs for a short walk each on Thursday. I wasn’t brave enough to take them at the same time. I took one then came home and switched out for the other. It’s been to chilly though the last few days for that.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 08:17 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. Yesterday DH and I took a little drive out into the country, toward the mountains to check out the Artisans Studio Tour that is held annually. Essentially it's just a bunch of artisans having open house to show their crafts. Usually there is great food and drink at each studio but this year no one had any refreshments. It was disappointing but understandable, given where we are. It was a really nice drive though with lots of trees turning colors in the country side.

When we got back, I did a 58-minute yoga practice from Youtube which was pretty nice and relaxing.

Cher - I can't believe you had to sleep with two dogs in the bed. We used to sleep with our two cats, and they took up plenty of room. Are these small dogs?

Vannie - How fun to go see a musical. We haven't been to a play or musical since the pandemic and I really miss seeing live shows.

Karjoy - I guess Florida's new surgeon general nominee doesn't believe in science either, which doesn't help. I'm glad I got the flu shot early.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 12:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, glad you had a nice long run. Haha on the workout name! I forget the full name of it. I don't think our temps have gotten out of the 30s the last few days. Real feel was 19 for our walks last night and this morning.

Cheryl, glad things are going well with the dogs. We've never let the dogs sleep with us and they never tried. I agree, a queen bed is only just big enough for two adults! I don't know how we used to sleep on a double. I guess that's what the honeymoon phase is about!

JBliff, your drive and artisan tour sounded so nice and relaxing. That's a bummer about no refreshments but yeah, lots of things are different these days. I was surprised they weren't selling merch at the show yesterday and wondered if it had anything to do with covid, either cash exchanges or the crowd it always causes in the lobby.

Rudolph was really cute. They did a great job and we had a good time. We ate at the Original Pancake House after and I could not believe I ate the entire 4-egg omelet and 3 pancakes! It was so good I couldn't stop but then I didn't eat supper till 8:30 and that was just oatmeal.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 01:32 PM  
Cher

JBliff, yes they are small dogs. They are Parti Yorkies but they like to cuddle and next thing you know, you’re butt is hanging off the bed. 😂 Your drive sounds nice. Bummer about the refreshments.

Vannie - Your meal at House of Pancake sounds yummy! Glad you enjoyed your day.
Old 11-14-21, 05:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Today I did a 3 mile recovery run. It was gorgeous outside, too cool in the shade but warm in sunny spots. Walked a bit too. Did some UB with Cathe band.

Cher sounds like you have had a most interesting week with 2 dogs added to the bed! Glad you are adjusting. It’s great that you’re down to your WW free lifetime weight. It is so very hard to lose weight and keep it off. So points for drinking water? Good idea.

Jbliff your Artisan tour sounds like fun. My friend Judi lives in Lovettsville I think I told you, and she sent some lovely pictures of the trees changing colors. I could see the foothills of the mountains in the background. Bummer about no food though.

Vannie after my 12 miles yesterday I had breakfast for dinner. 3 toaster waffles, whole grain, with a lot of real maple syrup and margarine. Yummy! Sometimes ya just have to eat more than usual.
Old 11-15-21, 07:59 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 1 hour on the elliptical.

Karjoy - Virginia does have some beautiful scenery. I tried to get reservations at one of the Shenandoah National Park cabins for DH's birthday in late October but they were solidly booked October and November. It's the time to go check out the leaves here.

Vannie - Sometimes you just have to splurge! Glad the musical was fun.

Cher - I looked up Parti Yorkies and they are adorable! I can imagine how much they shed though.

We've been pretty cold the last few days--30s at night and low 50s during the day. It's been fun having the fireplace on.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 11-16-21, 08:09 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + PHA 2 in the afternoon.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 11-16-21, 05:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Going to run 3-4 miles with friends shortly and yesterday did Legs at Burn. Burn was tough as usual. Here’s a great exercise: they have a club length step they call a TerraCore. The top is this rounded, soft, wobbly surface. We did one legged hip thrusts. Do a regular hip thrust with one leg in the air with knee bent. A dumbbell goes on the working leg, the other leg with foot planted on the floor. Between the weight and the wobbles it was pretty killer.
Old 11-17-21, 07:10 AM  
Cher

Dogs go home tonight! Yay! It’s been a fun week but I’m ready for them to go. I think one of the dogs at a time would be okay but it was a bit long for both of them especially at night sleeping with them both in our bed.

Joseph has been sick with cold symptoms since last Wednesday. No fever, nausea, breathing issues or muscle aches, just cold type symptoms. The only thing is that he’s lost his taste and smell. In a sense, this isn’t a big deal because he used to lose his taste and smell with a cold all the time but now with Covid who knows. He went and got a Covid test yesterday but it takes 1-3 days to get the results. I’m going to kick his @$$ if it is because I’m supposed to leave Sunday to go on my overnight trip to Frankenmuth with my mom, my sister and my aunt. If he has Covid, that might end that. I was going to wait and see what his results are and get tested if his was positive but now I realize, I wouldn’t have enough time before my trip if I did that so I made an appointment to get tested today anyway. If mine is positive I guess I can’t go but if it’s negative then it’ll still be on. I have no symptoms of anything but I’ve had both vaccines and the booster too.

JBliff - No shedding for Parti Yorkies, just haircuts. . It has gotten pretty chilly here too. About the same as yours. We even had snow on Sunday but it didn’t stick thank goodness.

Karen - That sounds like a tough exercise.

I tried to post a picture of the dogs but I couldn’t get it to work