Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-05, 07:34 AM  
Helen

What music keeps you pumping ...

on the bike or with weights when you're not using a vid?

Any suggestions? I'm not 'into' music much and rather ignorant of anything more recent than the 70s but willing to learn.

Thanks in advance

ETA - I don't mean specific workout music (eg CC, sorry Ooty and fellow devotees) just 'normal' CDs that I should be able to buy even way down here
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 08:41 AM  
ooty

Why do you rile me so: grin

Helen,

I think CCV5 would fit the bill. As far as I know, the CD is quite normal too..
I have the mp3 only.

Sorry, sorry, I am just kidding. I know you did not want this, but I have to live up to my new adjective, don't I?

ROFL, ROFL..

Ooty
Old 08-15-05, 09:32 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Ditto Vol 5. I did it Friday and it ROCKS.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 10:58 AM  
ooty

Sorry Helen

Peggy dear,

You liked it! I wrote to you on CC forum asking you not to wear HRM. How did you do it? Sorry Helen to hijack the thread. Peggy, reply on creative cardio queen check-in.

Helen: I was just joking. Please don't get angry.

Ooty
Old 08-15-05, 07:05 PM  
Helen

Ooty - new word for YOU!

You are INCORRIGIBLE!
1. Not corrigible; bad beyond correction or reform.
2. Impervious to punishment; wilful; uncontrollable.
3. Firmly fixed; not easily changed.

I, however, am not encouragable to buying CC! I just don't use the bike often enough and the postage/exchange rate are killers (turned a $US24 CIA purchase into a $AU72 bill

So please understand my reluctance to be converted, I plead your forgiveness in this matter though I can only admire, in my own humble way, the level of devotion and dedication you consistently demonstrate for this particular avenue that you have chosen and wish every success to you in your fervour to convert others to your path in the future, of which you have enjoyed more than a modicum in the past.

Now - gotnee uvva oideahs foh me den avya?
Was it you that mentioned Meatloaf a while ago?

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-15-05, 07:38 PM  
ElitaOne

To bring the thread back to it's original question...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy before I got into CC, I loved to use Zoe Girls self-titled CD for my cardio. It's cute, pop-music fun and very lively. It's got a great beat to workout to, either on the treadmill or bike. They do have a song or two that are slow, but you can skip those and come back to them for cool down. You can sample their music at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846.

Now I do use CC for my serious heart-pumping cardio training, but plan to go back to Zoe Girls for "steady state" days for be-bop fun on my recumbent bike, now that I'm using it again.

There's a lot of great music to cardio with, but Zoe Girls is my personal upbeat cardio favorite.

Hope that helps!

Raquel

"Failure is not an option." - NASA

Last edited by ElitaOne; 08-15-05 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling errors.
ElitaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 08:32 PM  
sherry7899

Helen,

I love the band Queen (especially their 70s releases) They have a compilation dvd called "Queen Rocks" of many of their "harder" songs. I think it would be very motivating music to exercise with (by?).

We have a ridiculously sized cd collection, so I'll look and see if I can come up with anything else from the same era....how about Led Zeppelin?

Sherry....my musical tastes run from the sixties until current, with classic rock, singer songwriters, folk, female singers, alternative and everything in between

Hey, not from the 70s, but how about Midnight Oil or INXS? They should definitely be easy to find for you ...or how about some of the live tracks from the U2 cd "Rattle and Hum" and some of the louder songs from "The Joshua Tree." I'd love it if a workout used "Where the Streets Have no Name" and "Bullet the Blue Sky."....or one of the band The Alarm's first few cds ?
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 08:49 PM  
Kathleen Ann

Before CC

I used dance music. Love the beat. My library had tons of dance cd's, and I copyed them for home use. Different beats on some, so when the music got slower, I upped the tention on my eliptical.
Old 08-15-05, 09:05 PM  
ooty

Ahem Helen

ROFL, ROFL.

I was not trying to convert you at all, I was just kidding. But I am a self-confirmed 'incorrigible' and you refuse to budge, so you are 'incorrigible ' too...

But , I saw your prices, sheesh ...I would think twice too, but seriously dahling, CC is worth it (Helen, I am just joking). But several people have replied to you now and I will take a look at their answers and pick the best one for you.

What, what is it?
Hmm..
I only see the words , "Before CC"...ha, ha, ha, ha...

OK, me don't listen to anything else except GAIAM walking CD and Kathy Smith Steady strides....both probably not suited for bike. i pretty much can gyrate (as long as nobody is watching me) to most upbeat music, 'Rhythm is gonna get you", kinda music, most Latin flavored music...

I have never used a bike so I cannot relate that well. Will keep my eyes and ears open for ya though..
No worries, more will roll in tomorrow in response to this post.

Still ROFLing,
The incorrigible Ooty

PS Me strict vegetarian, did not suggest Meatloaf... ,yes, yes..I know it is a music band.

PPS You are forgiven.. I am really laughing here. VFers have been more than tolerant and good-natured about my CC cackle.
Old 08-15-05, 09:52 PM  
Helen

Raquel - thanks - never heard of them, listened to ALL the samples and liked it They're also something my girls might like. Groovy girls!! Intro to NEW stuff is GOOD!

Kathy
Visited the library yesterday, but my trouble is, I don't know what to ask for Tried asking for HipHop and they only had one on the shelf - it's ok - the Fugees, but more angry than fun. The tension thing is a tip I'll be using - thanks.

Sherry
Hadn't even thought of those! - I had a mind set that modern grooovvyy stuff was what I needed to learn about and anything older would probably be just that bit too slow. I have one Queen (races), DH has one Midnight Oil (10,9,...) & many Led Zepplin. Don't have any INXS, but sure can get it here!! I can get U2, and have a feeling that I remember liking them when they were big. I'll try the library for 'The Alarms', or have a listen at a music shop.

Last night on this idea, visited the Les Mills site and they have a place to suggest songs, so I saved those listings - so MANY I've never heard of, but there was Queen! I was seeking the names to ask at the library for before buying anything, but...

Went to K-Mart yesterday and came home with Hermin's Hermits for $6

I'm a dag! Just quietly - I still have Bay City Rollers LPs in a cupboard

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.