Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-05, 08:48 AM  
Trish
VF Supporter

Question Firm's BSS3+Add-on: Feedback and Favorites

Hi VFers!

I just got a Bss3 set with add-ons and ramo from the ya ya swap.
I'm a little overwhelmed by the 6 dvd choices.

I've already tried Total Muscle Shaping w/ Stephanie, which I liked. But there are also:
Complete Body Sculpting w/ Christa
Fat Blasting Cardio w/ Lisa
Express Cardio w/ Stephanie
Firm Hips, Thighs and Abs w/ Pam
Express Total Body Shaping w/ Pam

Have any of you tried them all?

How would you rank them on difficulty and quality of instruction?

Thanks for your help!
Trish
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 11:11 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Hi Trish,

You tried my favorite workout out of the ones you mentioned. The production is the same in all of them. I think Stephanie and Pam cue the best. Lisa usually cues late.

Stephanie's Express Cardio and Lisa's Fat Blasting Cardio are about the same level. I like Stephanie's better because she cues better. However, they are both short so you can do them on the same day. I think EC has slightly more four limb work. The hardest Firm cardio is Lisa's Advanced Cardio (not sure about exact title name).

Christa's CBS is similar to Stephanie's TMS. They are both 75% weights/25% aerobics (a Tortoise). However, I think TMS is more balanced in terms of working the upper body vs the lower body.

I think Pam's workouts are easy but I've only done each of them once. I probably could use more weight for her ETBS.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 07:18 AM  
Trish
VF Supporter

Smile Thanks, Helen!

This is exactly the type of info I was after!
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 11:38 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Hi Trish,

I tried to e-mail you back but it didn't work. I just wanted to say You're welcome. Also wanted to urge you to try all the workouts and form your own opinions on each one. Your opinions might be different from mine.

Have fun with this set,
Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 12:29 PM  
JeepGirl

Hi Trish,

I love the BSS3!! I especially love the length of these WO's. I like both Christa and Stephanie's AWT workouts alot--it seems to me that Christa's concentrates on lower body while adding in upper body,and Stephanie's concentrates on the upper while hitting the lower pretty good also. Lisa's Advanced Cardio Blast is tough--it seems significantly harder than the other two cardios in this set. I like Stephanie's Express Cardio the best out of the three cardios. I've done both of Pam's workouts; I liked Express Total Body Workout (thought it would be a piece of cake with just the SS, but it was fairly challenging and gave me some nice hamstring DOMS) but I found the Hips Thighs and Abs one akward and even painful to do on the box. I'm average height, but doing anything other than chest work on the box hurts for some reason. Haven't done the Power Yoga one yet but it's in the "TO DO" pile. HTH!

Christine
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 02:15 PM  
darwin28

I just got BSS3 w/ the add-ons. From what I'd read prior, I thought I was the only one who liked them, so I'm glad to read some positive comments. I've done both Stephanie's and Christa's w/o's and find the cueing to be decent--I have a slight problem hearing Christa's cues over the music, however. Overall, the exercises are nicely sequenced, and with heavy wt (I used mostly 15-20 lb. bells throughout) provide a good w/o--I was sweating most of the time. I tried Pam's hip, thigh and abs today--at 5'9", I appreciate the comment about some exercises being awkward on the box, but with some repositioning, it was certainly do-able. I folded a yoga mat in half and laid it on top, and that made everything much more comfortable. I still have to try Lisa's advanced cardio, cardio express, and total body express. Overall, I'm glad I got it, and the incline box definitely works your legs in a different way--makes maintaining proper form in the lunge position much easier as well, because I'm less likely to extend the knee over the toe in that position. The incline box also makes for some killer ab sections--I haven't done much ab work in that position.
darwin28 is offline   Reply With Quote