Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-03, 07:53 AM  
Sophie H
VF Supporter

Has anyone heard of Seasun Zieger a new CIA Instructor?

I noticed that Seasun Zieger is going to be doing one of the new CIA exercise video/DVD's this winter. I am tempted to preorder it since it comes as a separate DVD but I don't know anything about her. If anyone knows anything about her style of exercise (is she similar in style to Cathe, Christi, Franny, etc.), I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Sophie H
Sophie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 08:13 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

We should know more after this weekend..

Seasun actually hangs around VF and has posted here. This weekend she is leading a class for some of the VFers that are attending the CIA convention before shooting her video.

So there should be some VFers who can report on what her style is like on Monday!

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 08:18 AM  
lounsbury
VF Supporter

Smile She posts here!

Sophie, you'll probably get a response from Seasun herself -- she posts here with the user name aerogirl026. And several of us will be able to tell you more about her choreography after this weekend -- we're taking a step & Body Pump class with her on Saturday (day before the CIA conference). I'll be sure fill you in with my thoughts in Monday's MM check in. Elisa and Donna will be there, too, so you can ask them what they think as well.

Edit -- Whoops, looks like we were posting at about the same time, Clare! Great minds think alike, huh?!

I thought of that while riding my bike. ~Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity
lounsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 08:35 AM  
Sophie H
VF Supporter

Clare and Lynne,

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your quick responses. It sounds like you'll have a great time this weekend. I am very excited to hear your thoughts after taking the class.

Sophie
Sophie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 08:53 AM  
Trish
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Hi everyone!

I'm really happy to see in the CIA newsletter that the last segment of Seasun's tape is abs & stretch for 17 min's

Clare & Lynne, if it isn't too much trouble, could you ask her how much of that is stretching? Thank you!

I would LOVE a longer stretching segment on a cardio workout.
Trish
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 09:20 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Re: Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trish
Clare & Lynne, if it isn't too much trouble, could you ask her how much of that is stretching? Thank you!
Actually, I'm not one of the lucky VFers that are going. I was just responding with what information I knew about this.

I'm stuck in really cold (-24 degrees windchill) Chicagoland. Burr..... It's even too cold/windy for me to go running! I don't mind cold, but I hate the wind!

"On the whole, I would rather be in Philadelphia" (Apologies to W.C.Fields, or whoever is supposed to have come up with this line....)

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Old 01-23-03, 10:59 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Re: Re: Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally posted by Clare*

"On the whole, I would rather be in Philadelphia" (Apologies to W.C.Fields, or whoever is supposed to have come up with this line....)
Yes, it's W.C. Fields (his epitaph I believe).
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 11:18 AM  
Lianne
VF Supporter

Not really his epitaph - though it is a great story. His grave in Glendale actually just says "W.C. Fields, 1880-1946."

The story comes about because he once suggested the following epitaph for himself in a Vanity Fair interview: "Here lies W.C. Fields. I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

Sorry for getting off track here, but I know there are other out there like Sharon and me who relish these little details.

Lianne
Lianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 11:20 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

I don't know anymore, Sharon... (really OT)

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonNYC
Yes, it's W.C. Fields (his epitaph I believe).
I thought so too, but had someone tell me that it was not. This linked article seems to back up that it was not really "his" original quote or his epitaph.. Go to Number 1

(warning- the article contains what many people, including myself, feel are obsene words. They are part of quotes attributed to W.C. Fields)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quad.../wcfields.html

However, there are lots of links that do attribute this quote and epitaph to W.C. Fields. So, "on the whole"- I'd like to see a photo of his tombstone! LOL!

Old 01-23-03, 11:27 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Including me, Lianne!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lianne

Sorry for getting off track here, but I know there are other out there like Sharon and me who relish these little details.

Lianne
Thanks, Lianne. A little more digging showed that you are totally right.

I'm one of those people who always wants to know the answer to questions like this. Not that I'm that interested in gossip- I'm not, I just can't stand to have something asked where there are conflicting answers. Is it any wonder that my favorite books as a child were the World Books?

Clare, who, like Ricki-Ticki-Tavi, lives by the motto "Run and find out!"