Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-17, 01:17 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Who works out mostly with Cathe?

Lately, if I want to do a video workout, I usually choose Cathe's. I find that she has so much variety, and no matter what I am in the mood to do, she has a workout for it. I also really like her demeanor and the crew. There are times when I want to do a DVD, and other times, prefer the informal Live workouts. I have been considering doing STS, which I never did in its entirety. The women at the roadtrip several years ago who had done STS, were ripped.

Who else works out mostly with Cathe? Which workouts are your favorites?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 05:47 AM  
daisyfit

I love Cathe too and do her workouts every day. I'm following her rotation. I don't have Cathe live but tempted to subscribe.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 06:12 AM  
Tugger31

Lately I've been using Jessica Smith, Ballet Beautiful and my treadmill. But, Cathe has been my goto for years! I love most everything she does, but I couldn't get into the cardio workouts she put out to be used with STS (MMA etc set) I have to modify the intensity a bit more as I get older, but find that is easy to do
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 06:52 AM  
Dontmindthemess

I've been really into Cathe Live lately. It's just so fun! I do a lot of other stuff (outside the house) but for home exercising Cathe is my mainstay.

I completed STS for the first time a few months ago and I'm so glad that I did it. I don't think I look ripped (I'm about 10 pounds away from that), but I really got strong. The nice thing about STS is that it's only three days a week so you can follow your bliss on the other days. I'm going to say that Meso 2 and 3 did increase my appetite. I didn't gain weight but I did feel very hungry, but that was just me and YMMV. It wouldn't stop me from doing it again.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 07:16 AM  
upperwside

I do mostly only Cathe. I love her variety. I have Cathe live/on demand. I love making my own workouts with the workout blender. STS and Body Beast were my two favorite series for gaining muscle. I think Cathe is classy and knowledgeable. I always get a good and thorough workout with her.

Some of my favorites are the Ripped with HIIT series ICE and her new Strong and sweaty. I mix these into my own rotation and add in a live workout once or twice a week. I would be a very sad person if my live was taken way from me!!! I think I may do an STS upper body rotation and add in a live circuit and a live lower body workout to keep it fresh.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 07:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I know a lot of people mention strength gains with Cathe, which is awesome. But how are her workouts for fat/inch loss? I don't read too much about that. I know when I did her RwH a few years ago for a few weeks, I was ravenous. Any thoughts or suggestions? TIA
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 08:00 AM  
marki64

I wouldn't say she is my main instructor, but I have revisited her after a long hiatus. I was tired of the same intensity drills over and over, but I have ordered a couple of RWH dvds and I bought S&S, mainly because of the decent price. I like that she has shortened her workouts over the years and offered some new stuff. She was always an hour + with most of her videos and offered lengthy premixes, but I love that now I can get in a high intensity cardio and circuit workout in under an hour.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 08:04 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Cathe is my favorite. I like everything she does (except kickboxing). I mix a lot of other stuff in between so that I do not burn out on her but I always look forward to a Cathe day.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 08:09 AM  
bubbles76

Cathe is my mainstay, followed closely by the Firm and their cousins, Amy Bento, and Christi Taylor. I completed STS, but didn't do the one rep max or incremental increases in weight. My increases were always 2-5 pound increases, as I don't have the weight gloves that allow you to increase incrementally. I definitely got stronger, especially lower body. I am the anomaly in that I did NOT get ravenous after doing STS. For me, the more intense a workout the more my appetite decreases. So, I did lose inches.

My favorite Cathe series are 4 Day Split and Xtrain. Favorite Lower Body is, hands down, Leaner Legs from CTX. Favorite cardio...that's a toughie! Will have to think about it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 10:42 AM  
cindyw75

I mainly workout with Cathe and Jessica Smith. They are both so professional and warm at the same time. I also feel like they give great pointers.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe