Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-13, 09:48 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Wow!! Thanks for the compliments. People IRL have said that I look young. Some people think I'm my older DD's sister when they meet me for the first time. She is 19. But I don't think I look like I'm in college so thanks (although older people do go back to college).

Lexy, I didn't think that 50 was considered a senior. I thought you had to be 55 to get senior citizen discounts. I'm actually looking forward to that because I like getting things for less money.
Old 01-17-13, 09:53 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Wow!! Thanks for the compliments. People IRL have said that I look young. Some people think I'm my older DD's sister when they meet me for the first time. She is 19. But I don't think I look like I'm in college so thanks (although older people do go back to college).

Lexy, I didn't think that 50 was considered a senior. I thought you had to be 55 to get senior citizen discounts. I'm actually looking forward to that because I like getting things for less money.
Helen - You do look much younger than you are. You look amazing!!! I am 57 and I still don't consider myself middle aged or a senior. LOL. In my mind I am still in my 30s.

Cheryl
Old 01-18-13, 12:15 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Helen, I was sorta joking. Although the AARP starts sending stuff to you once you're 50. Discounts vary anywhere from 55 to 65 as a starting point.

But if you're in your late 50s and don't think you're middle aged, that's downright denial. Doesn't mean you have to act it or feel it though.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 06:46 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Helen, I was sorta joking. Although the AARP starts sending stuff to you once you're 50. Discounts vary anywhere from 55 to 65 as a starting point.

But if you're in your late 50s and don't think you're middle aged, that's downright denial. Doesn't mean you have to act it or feel it though.
I don't know Lexy, depends on your genes. My grandmother lived to 100, so 50 is middle age for me.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 09:29 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

fit44, if it was only that easy.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 12:15 PM  
yahoo205

I agree Helen, you look great.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 04:56 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Glad to!

I haven't been doing anything extra -- just the new Dream Body workouts + the new Tonique Born to Move.

This is what I've been doing the last nine days:

--Dream Body workout 1 -- Fusion Mix
--DB workout 2 -- Tabata and Toning
--Tonique BTM workout 1.1
--DB workout 3 -- Barre
--DB workout 4 -- Bikini Bootcamp
--Tonique BTM workout 1.2
--2 days off
--DB workout 5 -- Fusion

The DB + BTM workouts both incorporate cardio, and that seems to really help me make changes. I've been avoiding the scale since the holidays , but can tell that things are firming up.

Before this, I was doing Mary Helen's Ballet Beautiful set for a few weeks, which also really seemed to help my backside.
Leanne, are you still doing this rotation? Are you doing anything else? I'm really thinking about foregoing my gym classes for a little while and doing this rotation.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 12:18 PM  
Inchworm

OMG! Are these workouts really over $100??? Is it actually worth it? That just seems so $$$. Especially when I consider that I got my Zcut DVD's with 12 workouts for under $20! I did see the clips and it looks like she has some interesting exercises.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darby brender, dream body, dvd-r, fusion fitness