Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-11, 01:28 PM  
dela

Yeah, I could see loose bells in a car being pretty dangerous, I'm packing mine right in the suitcase for sure.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 01:45 PM  
Getfit

I never traveled with mine but in August when I vacationed in Southern CA, I stopped off at Mbody Studio and purchased 2 KBs and both his DVDs. I also found someone selling a TRX on Craigslist for $100 while in CA. The following day, when I got up, I took my KBs outside and my TRX and did a circuit workout . However; what I really wanted to do is take my KBs out to the beach and workout but I knew my family wasn't ready for that. I will traveling to CA more frequently in the next couple of months and my KBs will be one of the first items I pack.
Old 09-07-11, 02:32 PM  
MARIKA

Not my kb. However I had 3# handweights, blue ones in my carryon.The really casued an uproar. Theye were taken away with gloves & inspected in the back room. I was told this is because they can't xray them. They are odd looking weights to say the least
Old 09-08-11, 08:59 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Not my kb. However I had 3# handweights, blue ones in my carryon.The really casued an uproar. Theye were taken away with gloves & inspected in the back room. I was told this is because they can't xray them. They are odd looking weights to say the least
No kidding! Did they give your weights back to you? I'm afraid of that happening going the carry-on route!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 09:32 AM  
Eibhinn

Not helpful to road trippers, but for the sake of making a thread about travelling with Kettlebells a useful reference for everybody, Lorna Kleidman has a funny blog post about how to get Kettlebells through airport security:

http://lornakleidman.wordpress.com/2...-a-kettlebell/
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 01:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I wonder if a bowling bag would be cheaper than the kettlebell backpack that Marcus sells at MBodyStrength?

Just a thought.

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 03:41 PM  
vplan

I took my kettlebell my last few trips. I always bring my kettlebell if I drive. Of course, I don't bring anything when I fly. Besides there are plenty workouuts with no need for weights at all, like TA
Old 09-09-11, 07:48 AM  
beatchica

I got singled out once at the airport and seriously patted down over a set of perfect push-ups that I had in my backpack. I can still see my spouse smile as I asked security, with much indignation in my voice "what's the matter, have you NEVER seen perfect push-ups before!"...

Also if you are traveling with resistance bands and a laptop you might want to check out liveexercise.com. Free to join and there are some great full length, follow-along workouts. My personal faves are Heather's workouts.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebells, travel, travelling