Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-11, 10:39 AM  
dela

Anyone travel with their kettlebell?

Has anyone tried packing a kettlebell with them on a trip? I am thinking of packing my 12kg so I can at least get in some quick workouts when I get the chance on my trip.

I am driving, not flying, so don't need to worry about the weight, but it is going to make lugging that suit case around a little rougher than usual. But I guess it's only a temporary inconvenience. Not sure what to do.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 10:41 AM  
Gayleski

I did on my last two driving vacations. One KB and my Gymboss. I didn't bother putting it in a suitcase...as it has its own handle.
Old 09-07-11, 10:43 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Has anyone tried packing a kettlebell with them on a trip? I am thinking of packing my 12kg so I can at least get in some quick workouts when I get the chance on my trip.

I am driving, not flying, so don't need to worry about the weight, but it is going to make lugging that suit case around a little rougher than usual. But I guess it's only a temporary inconvenience. Not sure what to do.
I think that Lauren sells a back pack for it. I saw it somewhere... I guess you can do the same for most back packs.

Ok, here it is...I just looked it up. Yikes at the price!

http://www.mbodystrength.com/store?p...category_id=18
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 10:57 AM  
dela

Great, that's what I wanted to hear! I'm going to give it a shot, and bring a band and tubing too, save myself a lot of time and $15 bucks per day at the gym! I won't have a dvd player, I'm only bringing my netbook, and the room does not have one, but I think I can manage. I think I will jot down some of the rks workouts so I have some structure.

Holy cow on that backpack price!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 11:22 AM  
violingal3

Anyone ever fly with one? I was thinking of taking it as carry-on my last business trip, but opted for resistance bands instead. I've never had carry-on weighed except for international flights, but I'm not worried about paying extra anyway. It would be a pain to lug around, but I'm seriously tempted to bring it along next time!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 11:22 AM  
bee1forfitness

When I drive from Southern CA to Northern CA I usually take my bell/bells with me, I do seat-belt it down in the back seat or tuck it down underneath the passage back seat for safety, once I get to where I'm going I'm so glad I've taken them with me along with several of my written workouts...it doesn't get in better than that ;D
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 11:25 AM  
sciencelady

I drive with my KBs in the passenger seat foot section - 8 kg, 12 kg and 16 kg - always ready for a quickie workout. With current baggage size/weight restrictions, I wouldn't fly with my KBs - I do take my TRX instead.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 12:16 PM  
roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I think that Lauren sells a back pack for it. I saw it somewhere... I guess you can do the same for most back packs.

Ok, here it is...I just looked it up. Yikes at the price!

http://www.mbodystrength.com/store?p...category_id=18
Ugh! I could not imagine wanting to lug a kettlebell on a hike. Talk about taking the pleasure out of the experience!
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 12:35 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz View Post
Ugh! I could not imagine wanting to lug a kettlebell on a hike. Talk about taking the pleasure out of the experience!
I agree!

For the people carrying it in the car, the RKC that I took lessons with suggested NOT carrying them in the car but in the trunk of the car because if you get in an accident, it might be flying all over the car and cause additional injuries. Just a thought...
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 01:15 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I agree!

For the people carrying it in the car, the RKC that I took lessons with suggested NOT carrying them in the car but in the trunk of the car because if you get in an accident, it might be flying all over the car and cause additional injuries. Just a thought...
That's why I seat belt it down or tuck it in the back under the passage side of the seat...some say even loose in the trunk could be problematic to. Still I love to travel hopefully safely with my bells
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebells, travel, travelling