Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-10, 05:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Caribean aerobics yoga and pilates have been staples for my travel, the dvds have multiple workouts that run about 20 minutes.
Eorin Finn (sp?) has some free loads for ipods.

I realize lots of others at VF swear they can go on vacation and lose weight, it just isn't true for me.
have fun.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 05:53 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

I like Si6 for travel--Start it Up is only 25 min., and Slim & Limber is a nice bonus.

Usually I don't take DVDs on vacations, though. DH and I are hikers, so most of our trips involve plenty of activity...and no electricity for TVs.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 06:00 PM  
PLS

I take Cathe's Travel Fit and extra bands and then I use Itrain & CC on the cardio equipment. But we also usually do a lot of walking too. I should take a stretching tape too. Great suggestions for the next trip.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 06:14 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

My most important workout dvd for vacation is SI6 Burn it Up. I always take the basic SI6 set with me. I sometimes take a few Leslies with me, but most of the time, I will only spare 1 hour for a workout during vacation time, and Burn it Up gets it done, strength and cardio!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 07:00 PM  
Jane1721

Ellen Barrett workouts are nice for vacation. I usually take some of my cardio based Firms and 3 pound weights (Cardio Inferno and Cardio Overdrive are my favorites).

Hope you enjoy your vacation!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 08:16 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
My most important workout dvd for vacation is SI6 Burn it Up.
Yup! The DVD of mine needs a passport of its own!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 08:22 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

I don't take anything but extra water, hiking boots, and comfortable clothes. We normally hike thru the mtns to look at waterfalls, or we may go to the Wright Brothers Memorial at the outerbanks of NC for some hiking and fun in the sun. Most weekends we are at the coast swimming and playing in the water.

I just LOVE summer!
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 08:28 PM  
lisarah

thanks for all the feedback & ideas!! I should clarify: I LOVE to exercise so it wouldn't be a fun vacation if i didn't get to (helps keep me fit mentally & it's my "for me" time). I no longer run, will be walking to and from beach (but at a child's pace). I teach fitness classes & often I like to do other people's classes for variety, which videos come in very handy for. Based on everyone's suggestions, I wish i had kept KCM body training & some S16,
Neatski: I do have the dvds you mentioned - lalofit & cardio core circuit, hadn't thought of those but I'm gonna take them now - thanks!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 08:37 PM  
Orlita

Duck!!
My boyfriend took me to Duck for my 40th birthday. We had a great time -- except that it was April & freezing.

Anyway...Ellen would be good. I also made an audio copy of Hard Body Yoga, which is not popular on VF but which I like & found very effective (the music's not great, and meh music usually bugs me, but this doesn't).

Have fun!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 09:17 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
Neatski: I do have the dvds you mentioned - lalofit & cardio core circuit, hadn't thought of those but I'm gonna take them now - thanks!

Sure! Those are my go-to travel workouts. I'm advanced and like to work HARD no matter what my location, but I don't like to do super long workouts when I'm on vacation. All three of those workouts are under 45 minutes . And, Lalofit 2 gets me sore every time- it's all those crazy pushup variations.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel workouts, travelling