Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-09, 06:42 PM  
caligurl

good lord.... suitcases are only 50 pounds max now? WTH happened to 70???? i used to have to weigh my suitcases before returning from my parents' house! always had to make sure they were under that 70 pound max apiece.... 50 pounds!?!?!? YIKES that's torture!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 07:27 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

How about just a body weight routine, like the Belly Off dvd?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 07:37 PM  
snapfish45

How about the Fitdeck cards? They have the body weight one as well as one with bands.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 07:44 PM  
kimzwirez

travel workout suggestion

Maybe you could get your friend the valslide workout. It comes in a little travel bag. Look at valslide.com or valeriewaters.com. I have never used the workout and don't know what the music is like, but I have been reading reviews and people are saying they get great results with the valslides.
kimzwirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 08:00 PM  
jessicavi

I just came back from a business trip 3 wks ago. I took 10 min Solution Trouble Zones by Amy and also FIRM Fat Blasting Cardio Scuplt. They use the band and were very space-friendly for my hotel room (minimal furniture moved). I took some kickboxing w/o's and they also worked really well.

I'd like to maybe get Travel Fit later.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 09:12 PM  
violingal3

Like others have mentioned already, I always take Burn It Up, Keep It Up, Jillian's BFBM and Ton'y Power Half Hour workotus with me. All I need is a band and I'm good to go!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 09:11 AM  
Bliss6789

I totally forgot about gliding workouts when I responded earlier. I have a Mindy Mylrea DVD with 3 gliding workouts: lower body, cardio, and upper body. All it requires are the gliding discs which are very light weight. Some people use furniture gliders (I think they're called Moving Men) in place of real gliding discs or valslides.

Old 11-13-09, 09:29 AM  
naturallove

Travel equipment that comes with me-yoga mat, gliding discs (takes bodyweight work to another level!) and tubing. Videos and media I like for travelare Mindy's All About Arms (great tubing and gliding sections), Mindy's Strength Toolbox (tubing section), Angles Lines and Curves 2 (true fusion of yoga, pilates, dance and is pure Kari), pilates (Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates, anything by Ana Caban), yoga (Jill Miller's tension tune down cds to get the kinks out), and Sage Yoga Podcasts. I'm sure there are more, but I'm traveling at the moment for relaxation and left my usual suspects at home (with the exception of my yoga mat and TTD balls). HTH!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 09:46 AM  
punky3333
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Hi Punky3333,

I might suggset FIRM Dangerous Curves Ahead with the loop band. The aerobic part is better than the toning but this is my go-to toning workout. Also Firm Slim without the Gym is a fun travel workout.

Another option might be the 10 Minute Solution band workouts (there are several).

Also I wanted to tell you I LOVE your avatar! I have two cockatiels and two parakeets and have always had Bourke's parakeets on my "want/wish" list. Are they all your pets? Sun conures are great but they are too loud for my household, I don't have any experience for lovebirds but I think they would be too aggressive with my tiels and keets. Anyway ur birdie picture!
Yes - they all are, or were, my pets at some time. I only have left the lovebird (he's 15 years old) and the Sun Conure (2 years old). The Bourke parakeet was a rescue bird I had for several years - a total sweetheart but he has passed over to the other side. The cockatiel I had years ago for 12 years. My sun conure is quite loud, but he is a total sweetheart - showers with me, knows all kinds of tricks (wings- lifts wings up, dancing, play dead, duck sound) and is a joy. My lovebird is totally bonded to me and is a cuddle muffin! I'm a huge bird nut!
Old 11-13-09, 09:46 AM  
punky3333
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I'm going to wade through them and I might come back with another question or two. I appreciate your feedback. I am mostly looking for weighted workouts (i.e., not cardio).

thanks again!

Tags
travel workouts, travelling