Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-06, 07:35 AM  
loveliam

Walking Video other than Sansone

I was wondering if there are other walking workout videos in addition to Walk Away/Leslie Sansone?

Leigh
loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 07:48 AM  
Sasha_MarieClair

How 'bout
Denise Austin Indoor Walk
George Foreman's series
Prevention's Walk Your Way Fit or Walk Your Way Slim
Stott Pilates The Secret To Weight Loss Vol 1
Gaiam Get Moving! Walking For Weight Loss
Sasha_MarieClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 07:49 AM  
TamiT

Right now I'm loving the "Step Away the Inches" walking workout by T-Tapp. It teaches a different way of walking to increase inch loss and heart rate. What really suprised me was how much more cut my upper body got as well. No equipment or bands either. At first I thought it was a little wierd that it didn't have any music but there's so much mind/body concentration going I like it now. If you're more advanced there is a "Step it to the Max" but the regular "Step Away the Inches" challenged me. I rotate with Leslie and George Forman (like Leslie a bit better) workouts BUT I use the Tapp way of walking while doing them and whew, it DOES make a difference!
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 08:20 AM  
loveliam

Thanks! I am going to check those out. The T-tapp sounds very interesting, especially if I wanted to add in something different to mix the routine up.

Leigh
loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 08:38 AM  
Jo80

Hi TamiT
Do you have to be familiar with the Ttapp exercises to use her walking videos?

Does anyone know which walking videos are the most advanced?

Cam
Old 05-10-06, 09:01 AM  
Trish
VF Supporter

Hi Leigh

If you'd like to escape from your living room into the outdoors, I suggest taking a look at Dr Kenneth Cooper's (remember the father of aerobics?)Healthy Living Hit Music http://www.mywalkingmusic.com/

There's a huge selection of individual hit songs to download at your choice of three speeds--- or CD collections of many kinds of music at the 3 different speeds.

I got my first cd from Collage, but now I've found the co.'s site has more selection and is less $.

P. S. Leslie Sansome is on the cover of their 'Greatest Walking Hits' CD
http://www.mywalkingmusic.com/cart/s...?idProduct=635
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 10:49 AM  
TamiT

Hi Cam...

No, you don't have to be familiar with the regular T-Tapp workout to do Step Away the Inches....IMO, I think it's the best deal and easiest way to learn about T-Tapp's way of muscle mechanics.

Tam
Old 05-10-06, 11:05 AM  
Honeydew

Tami, can you give us a breakdown of the video? I was actually thinking of ordering this yesterday.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 12:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hey Tami, sorry about hijacking the thread but speaking of T-Tapp, do you do the Basic 15 Minute workout or do you prefer the Total Workout (I think it's 40 minutes)? I'm thinking of trying one of the sets with Step Away, but don't know if the Total is worth the extra $$. TIA.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 12:33 PM  
TamiT

Well, I'm at work right now so I'll try to break it down by memory

It starts out with just stepping in place with explanations on form to keep toes forward and weight off ball joint of big toe, shoulders back in alignment with hips, butt tucked under until tummy tightens, etc for about 5 minutes. Then arm movements are added with emphasis on linear alignment form for about 10 minutes, then variation of lower body going side to side instead of stepping place for about 5 minutes, then some step and lateral lifts of leg while stepping for about 5 minutes and then another set of stepping while heart rate comes down. The whole workout is about 25 or 28 minutes but my heart rate soars!

The Step it to the Max is a little bit longer and more cardio but it has a nice cool down series of stretching type moves that also use T-Tapp techniques.

I still like both workouts but for some reason I always seem to do the original Step Away the Inches.

Tam