Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-02, 12:35 PM  
planimal
VF Supporter

Weekly Exchange Wish-list Notes

Hi...

I counted 118 posts on the Video Exchange last week, the most I've seen yet. I looked at 40 wish lists.
The most-requested workouts, with 7 requests each, were:

Mindy Mylrea, Strength Express
Fitprime Core First
Firm Body Sculpt
The next most requested, with 5 requests each, were Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step and Totally Hot Cardio.

The most requested instructor/group was CIA, with at least 35 requests.

Summaries of past weeks:

There were approximately 86 posts on the exchange last week
I checked 25 wishlists....The most requested workout was Body Sculpt, with just 4 requests. Altheatized and Final Cuts were next with just 3 requests each. Not much of a landslide from 25 lists....
The most requested instructor, or in this case company, was the Firm, with 25 total requests.

Previous week, copied and pasted for comparison....there were approximately 98 posts in the Video Exchange last week. I looked at 24 wish lists....
The most wished-for workout that I found, with 6 requests, was Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step. Step Heaven had 5 requests. Fitprime Core First followed with 4.
The most requested instructor was Christi Taylor, with 24 total requests, much more than any other.

The week before that:
The most-requested tape was The Firm Body Sculpt--with 6 requests. The next most requested, with 4 requests each, were:
Cathe's Cardio Kicks; Christi Totally Cool Step; Weights First; and Reebok Final Cuts.

--planimal
planimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-02, 01:33 PM  
yafael
VF Supporter

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, does there, besides the newer videos tending to be more popular. I wonder if there would be a way to compare what was requested with what was being talked about on the forums that same week.

Not necessary information for us -- interesting though. I'd guess it might be interesting information to some advertisers though.

Deirdre
yafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-02, 03:25 PM  
Lorrie

Thanks Planimal!

I don't seem to have the time to look at the exchange posts very often anymore (too much yard work) and I look forward to your updates to see what is hot at the moment.

They should give you an editor's or reviewer's title or something here!
Old 05-09-02, 06:33 AM  
planimal
VF Supporter

Boring Ramble

Deirdre, of course you're right; I'm not sure how much value this has except as mild entertainment. I do it because I'm curious, like to make lists, and have an interest in video workouts. I post it because people read it.

Well, maybe besides being entertained, somebody will look up an often-requested video to find out what's so great about it, try it, and find a new favorite--or somebody will decide to trade one they don't use, and two people will be happier.

(That's an interesting idea; I haven't noticed any relationship between the wishlists and what's being talked about on the forums, but then I wasn't looking.)

Maybe some day someone will take notes on which workouts are actually being done the most, using the check-ins. That would give another clue as to which workouts are "best," a question that could only be answered thoroughly by each person trying them all--which sounds fun but also has its problems.

Thanks for the kind words, Lorrie, and all those who have said something pleasant in the past.

--planimal
Old 05-09-02, 12:26 PM  
yafael
VF Supporter

Oh, Planimal, I'm so sorry.

I just reread my post, and I see that it sounded like what you are doing has no use. I didn't mean that at all! I love reading your posts each week! It's totally up my alley What I meant was that the extra stuff I mentioned (relating what you are doing to what videos people have discussed that week) was interesting but not necessary, unless someone wanted to do it for fun. Basically I didn't want you to think that what I was suggesting was more than just a theoretical suggestion -- does this make any sense?

I am really sorry for the way that came out.

Please accept my apologies?

Deirdre, feeling bad about this
Old 05-09-02, 12:32 PM  
planimal
VF Supporter

No apology needed

Deirdre, I read it that way the first time, but thought you had a point. Sometimes I wonder myself what value there actually is in my notes. Then on re-reading, I thought you probably meant something else. When I posted my reply, I realized that it might sound a bit defensive, but didn't see a quick way around that. I was more responding to my own wondering and what I imagined some others were thinking than what you said.

So maybe I should apologize to you for not wording my response any better? That could go on and on. Let's just say everything's fine, okay?

Edited to add: I think everybody's entitled to an opinion anyway. People can criticize what I do all they want, short of getting really mean ("you worthless scum" and that sort of thing) and I'll handle it all right. After all, it would just be more information.

--planimal
Old 05-09-02, 12:35 PM  
yafael
VF Supporter

edited because I sent my post twice by accident!

Deirdre

adding another edit, because I didn't see Planimal's post sandwiched between mine

Planimal, thank you so much for your response. I am glad that whatever miscommunication we might have had has been cleared up.

As I said, I really enjoy reading your weekly posts on wish list videos, and I'm looking forward to more!

Deirdre, again