Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-02, 10:01 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I've been reading this thread with interest because, after 12 years of living in a cramped basementless townhouse and trying to cram CIA-sized workouts into a postage stamp living room, this summer we are finally moving into a "real" house - with a basement WORKOUT ROOM!! Whee ha! There's even a bracket on the wall for the TV, and a video cabinet built into the wall. A real vidiot's delight!

I too would like to have a big mirror on one wall (to make sure I have correct form, of course ) but wonder if it's safe to have with a soon-to-be toddling baby around. What do you moms suggest? Do they make unbreakable mirrors?
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-02, 07:38 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Sue B,
Congratulations on your new place! I doubt that your baby could break a wall-sized mirror. She would probably love it! All my kids have loved mirrors. You should consider sectioning off a part of the room (maybe with access to the mirror?) for her to play in. They make "fencing" materials to make a flexible playpen space. Even if you aren't into playpens in general (in know they can be controversial), I have stepped on my kids while trying to workout. So they were getting hurt, and I wasn't getting a good workout trying to watch for them the whole time. All of us are happier when they are in a confined area during my workouts. Just something to consider........Also, save some toys to be brought out only during workouts.

HTH,
Brenda
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-02, 08:13 PM  
yafael
VF Supporter

That sports poster site is great. I especially love the one of Marilyn pumping iron. Now I wish I had my own workout room to hang some up in. The're not going to work with my living room's decor. Although maybe some of the vintage women's travel posters...

Deirdre
yafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-02, 08:14 PM  
Connie
VF Supporter

Liz- another great poster

I have this great poster available at http://www.karenvoight.com/toolset.html . The poster is called "The Sleek, the Strong" and I find it very motivational. My DH does too, and it actually isn't in my workout space, it's in his workshop area... I think it looks nice on the wall. I go through there often enough to see it and get a charge out of it. - Connie
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-02, 06:50 AM  
buderflyz

Oh Connie! If I could only begin to imagination one day looking that sleek..........

Thanks!
Liz
buderflyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-02, 05:08 PM  
DawnW
VF Supporter

Tip for hanging framed pictures

Hi,
If you want to put fabric on your walls or paint them you can still hang framed pictures if you like. You will have to get some "piano wire". Really any super fine wire will work. You then nail the wire to the studs above your concrete to make a triangle shape. If your picture has one clip to mount use an inverted triangle. If your picture has two clips to mount use a standard triangle. I hope this makes sense.

Dawn
Old 05-02-02, 05:13 PM  
buderflyz

Thanks for the great tip, Dawn!

Smiles,
Liz
buderflyz is offline   Reply With Quote