Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-27-20, 08:51 AM  
Garrie A.

Sandra: Thank you for starting us off! I don't know of any Leap Year babies around me, though. LOL on the cake! You should attend your niece's class.

Beth: That is a long time for the library to be closed! Sorry to hear about the turmoil at work, and I hope the yoga workshop goes on and doesn't get cancelled.

Paine: Strong for Life is one of my favorite Margarets. I love the Spanish guitar music! We'll miss you while you're on the move. Please check-in when you get the chance.

Anny: I LOVE YBB!! They are my "guilty pleasure" workouts. I still have them even though I haven't pulled them out in almost four years.

Cyana: I taught a Barre class last week using what I learned in my Barre Above training, and they enjoyed it. They definitely felt the difference.

I may not be able to check-in again until Sunday or Monday, when I get back from the convention. But if I have the chance I'll pop in.

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 02:53 PM  
Anny

Garrie enjoy the convention!

I’m still in Newcastle for work and still hoping to fit in some yoga each day. I will be back home this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well. Almost the end of February, which I totally cannot believe.
Old 02-27-20, 06:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Well, no workout for me. I've developed a full-blown right shoulder impingement. It hurts (currently a lot!) to raise my arm to the front or side, and I cannot put any weight on the hand or wrist. Have no idea what triggered it. My shoulder felt slightly twingey before yesterday's session with Margaret but I didn't think it was very bad so I proceeded with my workout. Guess I probably shouldn't have done that!

I had a shoulder impingement episode once before several years ago so I know what to do. There is a Gentle & Passive rehab sequence in the Healthy Shoulder Handbook by Dr. Karl Knopf that really helped me so I'll be doing that again. From there I can graduate to one of my other rehab DVDs by Debbie Sieber or J.B. Berns. Just need to be gentle and give my shoulder time to heal.

Meanwhile I'll keep up my walking, although I'll keep that gentle, too -- to add insult to injury I've come down with yet *another* cold (my third one this season!).

Hope the rest of you are having a better week than me!

Garrie: Have fun at the fitness convention! As you know we would all love a report.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 08:16 PM  
cyana

Happy Almost Friday! It's been another busy week and I'm so ready for the week-end!

Paine - We'll miss you. Hope your cleaning, packing and travel go smoothly. We'll keep the light on for you.

Sandra - Bummer on the shoulder. Been there, done that and it is not fun. At least you've figured out what works for you. Hope the cold is very mild and goes away quickly.

Garrie - Have a great time at DC Mania - can't wait to get your report on the conference. The closest I've been to something like that was a Yoga Journal conference some years back - I felt like I saw all the rock stars of yoga that week-end.

Anny - How nice to have an apartment to stay in while you're away working versus a hotel room. I don't know if you saw the video from those crazy storms that hit Perth. I saw it on weather.com - even the meteorologists were blown away. I find weather fascinating - I love science.

Beth - I sure hope you have power and are safe and warm at home. The weather forecast in your region sounds awfully nasty!

Waves to ALL. Hope to catch up over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 09:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, so sorry to hear about your shoulder...and your cold! I do remember when you dealt with this before and hope it resolves quickly.

cyana, luckily despite the extreme wind, our power has been steady! The wind is making it VERY cold out there though. And there is a blizzard in the next county over.

Anny hope the business trip goes well. Glad you are not near the flooding areas!

Garrie hope your trip goes well too.

I'm also glad it's Friday tomorrow!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 11:04 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 1 Upper Body work plus calves

Tonight when I read that Sandra hurt her shoulder and has another cold, I had to pop in to give Sandra some ((hugs))! Sandra, I hope your shoulder heals quickly and that your cold is short lived. I remember when you had a nasty shoulder impingement several years ago.

I had a good workout with Margaret this morning. I'm going nuts with all we need to get done before our move!

Garrie, I know you'll have a blast at the fitness convention! I look forward to hearing all about it.

Beth, I hope you don't get a blizzard in your area. Stay warm!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 12:06 AM  
Anny

Sandra sending you hugs as I know a bad shoulder and a cold can both be miserable.

Beth and cyana yes thankfully I am away in Newcastle and not near the freaky storms! I hope you are safe in your wild weather, Beth.

Glad you popped in Paine! Wishing you well in your packing and moving.
Old 02-28-20, 09:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

It's still really windy here today and there's some snow flurries, but I don't think my area is going to see anything major.

TGIF--Happy Friday!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:56 AM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Thank you all for your nice comments.

My shoulder is improving some -- maybe 20%? I tried the rehab exercises on Thursday but they were too intense. I'll try them again today. Will get in more outdoor walking, too. We are supposed to have spring-like weather for another few days, but then a (much needed) shift to rainier weather is predicted. My cold is also running its course. I got today off work, and hope to be reasonably functional when I return on Monday.

Beth: You have a good memory. Based on the date I ordered the shoulder book from Amazon, my previous shoulder impingement happened in 2013! Take care weather-wise.

Garrie: I saw on Facebook that you met Keli Roberts -- how fun!

Paine: Looking forward to hearing from you when you have reached your new home.

Waving to all -- see you all tomorrow at next week's check-in!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote