Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-20, 06:25 PM  
BunnyHop

Just thought I'd mention that when getting professionally fitted, don't just assume that the fitter is listening to you when you tell them what size you need.

Some years ago, I went to get fitted and made the mistake of not looking at the band size of the bras I brought home. Sure a 36 fit nicely, but if I'm to have any hope of getting it off and on by myself, I needed a 38. Not one word I said on that subject got through to the fitter that helped me. Since I live more than 3 hours away from the shop, it was an expensive mistake.

I'd guess that most of the time, most people don't realize that they'd really be better off with a slightly smaller band size, and the fitters just get used to switching out sizes, but they really ought to ask which size you want to actually pay for.

Posting in the hope that somebody else doesn't have to make that mistake too.

On the plus side, somebody did get some nice bras at the thrift store when I donated them. (Sat in my drawer for ages before I could just let them go.)
Old 02-27-20, 07:29 PM  
seabliss

A good bra makes a huge difference. You do have to get the right size. Most women get the band too big and the cup too small, so the band rides up in the back and the boobs sag and even fall out if you lean over. Getting measured can help a lot. A good bra can make a woman look 10 lbs lighter and a lot younger too. A bad one has the opposite effect.

I am a 32DDD, so bras are really important to me. Wacoal is the best for me. Victoria's Secret are so uncomfortable and ill-fitting and make me look bigger (not necessary). Wacoal are so comfortable. I get mine online.
Old 02-27-20, 08:21 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I wish I could fine a decent, comfortable bra for smaller sizes. One that isn’t insanely padded or push up style. Just a tshirt bra. And third love? When I emailed them about the lack of diversity in theirs sizes, I got a snitty response

I like warcoal bralette s with the removable pads. But I would like a normal bra.
Lulalu bras are expensive, but specialize in small cup sizes - they only sell A, AA and AAA. I love their wireless Paige and Luna t-shirt bras in microfiber. They have a very thin removable pad for coverage that doesn't add bulk. Anyone ordering should take their bra fit quiz first as their sizing is different than what is found other places. https://www.lulalu.com/
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 01:24 PM  
seabliss

PSA - Wacoal bras are being featured on Zulily.com right now. It's a discount site and they sell quickly!
Old 02-28-20, 01:54 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Lulalu bras are expensive, but specialize in small cup sizes - they only sell A, AA and AAA. I love their wireless Paige and Luna t-shirt bras in microfiber. They have a very thin removable pad for coverage that doesn't add bulk. Anyone ordering should take their bra fit quiz first as their sizing is different than what is found other places. https://www.lulalu.com/
thank you!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 02:28 PM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
A good bra makes a huge difference. You do have to get the right size. Most women get the band too big and the cup too small, so the band rides up in the back and the boobs sag and even fall out if you lean over. Getting measured can help a lot. A good bra can make a woman look 10 lbs lighter and a lot younger too. A bad one has the opposite effect.
Preach it! I was in too small of a cup and too big of a band. It made me look fatter than I was. When I found out I was between a G and H cup, I was thinking that couldn't be possible. My boobs weren't that big. (I mean I am not flat chested, but I am no Dolly Parton.) So many people think DD means huge. It doesn't necessarily true. I look so much thinner in the right right bra size.

I really hate places like Victoria's Secret that carry a limited variety of sizes and then measure people incorrectly so that they will wear a size that they carry.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 04:37 PM  
marki64

I'm flat (34A), but Hanes bras are really nice. They are lightly padded and are very comfortable. They do come in bigger sizes, but these are the only ones that I can find that fit me. It takes me hours to find a good bra and some of the expensive brands aren't very flattering, especially for small chests. You can barely find A cup sizes anymore.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 08:27 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I hate uncomfortable bras, too.

I found that True & Co bras are the most comfortable bras ever, hands down.

In particular I'm partial to this one with adjustable straps which you can buy at Target for $23.

The bottom of the bra is not a band, it's a smooth fabric piece like a soft nylon camisole. It has removable pads and is machine washable. And it provides lift and coverage. The entire bra is knitted almost in one piece, with very few seams and no wires or plastic boning to gouge into the skin.
I have one of the True bras and I like it but sometimes the bottom rolls up at the end of the day. I didn’t know that Target sells one of the styles. The one I have does not have adjustable straps and the straps are too wide for some of my tops so I will check the ones out at Target.
Thanks also to the person who mentioned lulalu. Never heard of them but being small it’s good to know their are companies that specialize in bras for us less endowed women.
Finding bras that are comfy and provide some support has been a struggle. I just cannot stand bras with hardware or rough seams anymore. I have been wearing mostly jockey pull over stretchy bras but they don’t give any lift to speak of. I used to like the Coobie bra but I only wear 1 of the 3 I own because of irritating seams. I am becoming overly sensitive as I get older.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 07:57 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I went ahead and ordered a couple of these!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 08:30 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I am a 32DDD, so bras are really important to me. Wacoal is the best for me. Victoria's Secret are so uncomfortable and ill-fitting and make me look bigger (not necessary). Wacoal are so comfortable. I get mine online.
I like the look of these. So, did you just figure out your size yourself by following the guide? Did you get the right size right away? I’m afraid to order bras online. When I go bra shopping in stores, Usually I end up trying on 20 different bra styles and still end up with the style I was previously wearing....that I’m not that satisfied with.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras