Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-20, 03:49 PM  
Gams

I wish Gin would put Aerostep out on DVD. I think that’s the one with a background exerciser who reminds me of Celine Dion.

I like the George Foreman/Petra walks. I like the way he calls her “lightweight”. 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 04:08 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I wish Gin would put Aerostep out on DVD. I think that’s the one with a background exerciser who reminds me of Celine Dion.

I like the George Foreman/Petra walks. I like the way he calls her “lightweight”. ��
This makes me want to try the George Foreman walks. I looked at them once but didn’t pull the trigger and I can’t remember why.

Kim

Edited to add: So of course I went to eBay and bought a bunch of the George Foreman walks. Anxious to try them and happy they will be in my collection.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 08:52 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
This makes me want to try the George Foreman walks. I looked at them once but didn’t pull the trigger and I can’t remember why.

Kim

Edited to add: So of course I went to eBay and bought a bunch of the George Foreman walks. Anxious to try them and happy they will be in my collection.

Kim
I hope you like them. Petra is her adorable self, and George is very endearing as well. I can't really do walking workouts anymore (hurts my hip flexors) but I did really like these when I had them.

Yesterday I did the Indian dance workout Just Jhoom. I bought this ages ago, and I think I only did it once. I chose to skip the instruction and just dive in. The workout has great music and lovely instructors. The moves are easy to follow. I know I messed up the hand mudras since I did not use the instruction sections. There is a mobility warm up, a regular warm up and four dance sections, then a cool down. It would have been nice to have one long section where you string all four dance sections together. The whole workout is about 37 minutes, so the actual cardio is fairly short. It will be good for days when I want to workout but don't want anything very long.

It is very well chaptered, so I guess you could go back and string the cardio sections together again if you wanted to do so, but you'd have to stop to press play each time. The dvd is not programmable.

I kept the whole thing low impact, but you could easily raise your heart rate by doing the high impact moves.

I wish they had released more workouts like this. The company is still around, (Just Shoot pictures-they release Tara Lee yoga) but they only released this in England. I bought it from Amazon uk years ago. This is what I wish Hemalayaa's dance workouts were like-live instruction and excellent music.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 08:55 AM  
buffmama

Step Reebox: The Video - I used to think this was so hard when it came out! Why oh why did Gin pull all her videos off youtube?!
Old 02-17-20, 09:02 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Step Reebox: The Video - I used to think this was so hard when it came out! Why oh why did Gin pull all her videos off youtube?!
I was wondering that also! I haven't had the guts to ask her, though!

Old 02-17-20, 10:06 AM  
Gams

I LOVE Step Reebok The Video. I know a lot of people hated the set and serious tone, but I love it. I always feel kind of Terminator-tough when I do it. I’m glad it’s on DVD and thinking I should probably buy a back up copy.

I asked Gin if she would be putting Aerostep on DVD and she replied she was going to be putting a lot more of her workouts online.
Old 02-17-20, 10:12 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I LOVE Step Reebok The Video. I know a lot of people hated the set and serious tone, but I love it. I always feel kind of Terminator-tough when I do it. I’m glad it’s on DVD and thinking I should probably buy a back up copy.

I asked Gin if she would be putting Aerostep on DVD and she replied she was going to be putting a lot more of her workouts online.
Thanks, Tammy! I wonder if that means you tube or Amazon Prime or somewhere else.

Old 02-17-20, 10:43 AM  
Gams

Sherry, I tried to find her e-mail to see exactly how she worded it, but I must have deleted it.
Old 02-17-20, 11:17 AM  
Garrie A.

On Gin's Facebook page somebody commented asking why her videos were taken off of YouTube. She replied saying it had to do with the music rights and that the issue should be resolved soon.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 12:54 PM  
Gams

I just did Gin’s Choreography Creations. I LOVE this workout. I need to do it more often - I got quite a few steps from this one, too. So glad I have a back up copy because I don’t think there are many ramping DVDS available now.

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts