Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-20, 10:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, how nice that you had a beautiful day for a walk!

Anny, I missed that about your car trouble; how frustrating to have to wait so long!

Actually, I have a car story. Last Friday during the snow storm, my drive to work took about 75 minutes (it's usually 45m). Shortly after I got to work, I got an email from DH. He was forwarding an email from Subaru saying that that my car tire pressure was low! (He got the email b/c we both have Subarus, so we're just signed up under his email address.) My co-worker had a gauge, so we checked the pressure. All 4 tires were slightly low, which she thought was due to the cold weather. Also, I had missed seeing the warning light b/c of how it is placed (steering wheel is in the way). Anyway, I drove home fine; DH pumped up the tires a bit, and the light went away.

I also have a funny yoga-related story from tonight. I decided that I needed a restorative practice and chose a 50-minute one from Melissa West. It was nice, with 10 minute holds of each pose. We moved into the 4th pose, so I figured it was close to the end. I was doing a bent-knee legs-up-the-wall and was quite comfy. At some point, I thought maybe she had shifted to a more traditional shavasana (I wasn't following what she was saying closely), but I decided to stay in the same position. Well, then it seemed like a lot more time had gone by, so I finally looked up and realized that it was 20 minutes into the next practice! This was on YouTube, so it automatically forwarded to the next one on the playlist, which was a yoga nidra. So, in the end I got a nice long rest, but dinner was a little late.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 03:25 AM  
Anny

Beth you definitely did get a nice long practice!
And I’m sorry to hear about your car troubles. You must have been so cold!

So far I have only managed 10 minutes of a 34 minute practice (Day 22 of Home). I had a work call ten minutes in which cut my practice short. Maybe I will get to it later.
Old 02-13-20, 09:43 AM  
Garrie A.

Monday:
No workout (unplanned rest day)

Tuesday:
TAUGHT HiiT class
Tracie Long's Leaning Out (skipped the lower body and ab floorwork, since I was short on time)

Yesterday:
TAUGHT Cardio class

This morning I did KCM's Sculpting RX (workout 1, the heavier weight workout). I enjoyed this workout, and my upper body feels well worked (she also hits lower body but it was more like "active rest" to me). Kelly and crew appear to use two or three sets of weights, and I used multiple sets (from 8 to 25 lbs.). She did a seated row move that I found a little awkward for the heavy dumbbells she called for (I used 15s), so for the second set I grabbed my heavy resistance tubing and did seated rows. Split Sessions still reigns supreme as my favorite Kelly upper body workout, with my favorite heavy upper body being Cathe's Ramped Up Upper Body (from the Strong & Sweaty series). I can't wait to try the second workout, which looks similar to her Powersculpting from L.I.F.T, another one on my wish list.

Tonight I'll be teaching a barre class, and tomorrow I head out to a Barre Above training which I'm excited about. (And of course I'll post all about it! )

LOL Gayle! My quads are still feeling it today.

Beth: You had a nice long practice!

Carolyn: On Thursday nights there is a knitting group at the yarn store that plans on meeting somewhere else in town, once the shop closes. I'm so glad to be a Mat Maven, too. I lurked for a long time (ever since finding VF seven years ago), but then joined as soon as I got approved.

Paine: It was awful. My parents also had a few items they regret leaving in there, too. And the extra barbell plates would have came in handy during my STS rotation, even though I had just the right amount. I'm wanting to get rid of my AeroPilates reformer (it's nice but I just don't use it much ), and in its place either get a pair of Valor squat stands (for my second round of STS which I'm planning later this year), or a portable pull-up tower (to use with P90x along with a pull-up assist band). At a thrift store I bought a big box of the Workbasket magazines from the 60's through the 90's. It was fun to look through them, but I'm planning on donating them somewhere else. No patterns in them interest me right now.

Anny: That is frustrating re: the car trouble. It should not take three hours for Roadside Assistance to arrive.
Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 10:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, it was cold outside that day (teens or low 20s F, I think), but I was at work, so I just had to go out and check the tire pressure--I wasn't stuck like you.

Garrie, I'm glad that you finally delurked to join us! There are so few men here that I personally value their input even more.

Off to teach my noontime yoga soon. Still a little sleepy today but no migraine, luckily. It's almost Friday--what's everyone going to do to love themselves tomorrow?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 11:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt: Thigh Sculpt workout; Gluteus Sculpt workout
YouTube: 5-Minute Ab Workout (POPSUGAR Fitness)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Cdthv4MpA

Holy Moly, my legs were shaking doing Exhale Core Fusion Thigh & Gluteus workouts!

Beth, you must have been really relaxed to have fallen asleep during Melissa's restorative practice. I've never fallen asleep during any yoga practice.
I don't have any special valentine plans. Tomorrow morning is my weekly marketing day--it's not an act of love though, just a chore!

Garrie, the Valor squat stands and a portable pull-up tower will be nice additions to your fitness equipment. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never in my life been able to do a pull-up. I'm too much of a wussy!
I'm so happy you are in our check-in!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 04:29 PM  
Anny

Garrie so excited to hear about your Barre training!

Beth happy to hear your migraine is slipping. I could feel one coming on yesterday so when I got home I did some gentle yoga rather than the practice I was going to finish and took medication. I also woke up in the night and took painkillers but so far this morning it seems to be fading so all good.

Paine I bet your legs were shaking! Lol! You do some tough workouts.

Valentine’s Day here already! And one son’s birthday so we will catch up on the weekend for a birthday get together (the advantage of having seven sons means it is nearly always someone’s birthday!).

I have a full on work day and so much marking to do but am hoping to catch our local Twilight Food and Music Markets tonight. And eat something yum to celebrate : Last time I went I had an amazing paella.

This morning I completed Day 22 of the YWA Home 30 Day challenge. Lots of hip openers.
Old 02-13-20, 11:11 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Was pretty short -- Margaret Richard Unplugged 1918 -- and I did it after dinner. My afternoon plans somehow got scrambled.

Beth: Don't exactly have Valentine's Day plans, but I am joining my niece and grandniece at a "Princess Jasmine Storytime" tomorrow morning LOL! And tomorrow late afternoon I'm taking my grandniece to a children's martial arts class while her mama teaches yoga. It will be my first solo car trip with her (just got a child's booster seat installed today). Wish me luck!

Garrie: Very much looking forward to hearing about your Barre Above training!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 01:40 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my planned rest day.

Anny, it always blows my mind to remember that you have 7 sons! You were a busy young mother.
Your Twilight Food and Music Market sounds like fun.

Sandra, I think it's wonderful that you're able to spend more time with your niece and grandniece now that they live nearby. It's enriching for them and you too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 07:47 PM  
Garrie A.

I'm wishing all Mat Mavens a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Today was my Barre Above training. I'll post more about it tomorrow. To sum it up in one phrase: it was a blast!

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 09:18 PM  
cyana

Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm SO happy this week is over. I'll catch up with everyone over the week-end.

I'm doing my Friday Night Eclectic You Tube Concert. I can fall into some serious music rabbit holes on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCWVuCCWqzQ

A blast from the distant past! One of my favorite One Hit Wonder songs.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote