Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-07-20, 05:16 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Love that you guys are enjoying this series!

It is GREAT and I am so glad I wasn't intimidated to purchase it....as I am finding it very doable albeit skipping the poses I find aren't a good fit for my body. (I.E. Yin...I just find those poses so uncomfortable for my knees/hips and ended up modifying practically the whole thing.) Plus, those holds are just so long: 3-5 min. and I get antsy! Now, with Michelle Goldstein's Yin Yoga, there is not one pose that my hips/knees complain!! I just need to do what feels good for my body, I believe.

I did Flexibility today - wow! Another fantastic class!! Loved that it is flow focused while balance and stretches are the number one focus. BOP, splits, 1 leg balance work, "celibacy pose" (which is when your legs shape an "x" and is easier for women, I would imagine!). This was the first time I heard this in a yoga class...is this just Travis' pose? I googled and it brought up "celibate pose" or "levitation hold" as I knew it to be called.
I didn't hesitate to purchase either. Yes there are plenty of poses beyond my level but the good part is, no sweat!

Sounds like Yin is just what you need!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 04:17 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

Sounds like Yin is just what you need!
My hips don't seem to think so! I been thru too much with my hips a couple years ago and don't need a recurrence that included PT work. I'm afraid if I do exercises that don't feel the best to them, it may just happen!

Did anyone try LU Balance yet? I'm a little scared of that one, myself. UY Balance is my nemesis. :/
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 06:16 PM  
Mickey12

I did Level Up Strength tonight. Wow, wow, was that a great practice! I had myself in the appropriate mindset before I started and was geared up to have a hard 60 minutes. It was so, so good! I love the breath of fire work mixed in and Travis is the absolute best at taking you to your breaking point and then easing off right when you need it. Around the 45 minute mark he talks about having a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other shoulder and I was really hoping he listened to the angel because I was pretty tired. I had to sit out the forearm to hand planks as my wrists were feeling it and I did the sets of pushups towards the end on my knees. I was really pleased at how long I was able to hold crow though.

I really enjoyed the encouragement from Travis and his comment about yoga church made me laugh out loud! Such a tremendous workout.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 10:38 AM  
AnMrsDe

Kim, Strength is a goodie!

I did Vitality again today...just an awesome class! Love that Extended Arm Camel pose! Really feel the twist in that one (and I didn't fall out of it!) However, the martial arts stretch (I think that's what it's called) is tough for me...I cannot put my heel down (of the bent leg) no matter how hard I try and still balance with my front leg outstretched straight! But, that's what I love about these classes...they are fantastic to help me GROW stronger and motivate me to keep trying!

Is anyone following the 108 day program/food program, etc.? And, if so, how are you liking the classes? Inquiring minds and all that....
Old 01-23-20, 08:33 PM  
Mickey12

I did the balance practice tonight. I don't think anyone posted about that one yet. Not too many stories from Travis in this one, he was really busy instructing. The music was quite invigorating, almost like rock music. I had a hard time getting my mind to focus tonight. I kept watching the clock which I don't like to do.

Balance work is challenging but the practice felt do-able with a few exceptions. Obviously, handstand is not something many people can attain, but I did my kickups like a good girl while everyone was at the wall balancing on their hands.

I didn't do plow or the balance on your shoulders towards the end because they don't feel good on my neck. Pistol, wow, that was hard, but I managed with my hands on blocks. It felt nice to be finished with the practice. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I'm curious what others think.

Kim
Old 02-01-20, 09:50 PM  
Mickey12

I did cardio tonight. I loved it and felt so accomplished when I was done. The first cardio section of sun salutations was hard and I had to stop for a couple of breaks but I still felt proud of myself. I liked the stretches and slower pace in the middle of the practice and was grateful that the ending cardio was not that long or hard. The long holds at the end felt so delicious because my body was really warm. Pigeon is one of my favorite poses and, as Kate said, Travis holds it quite a while. Really great practice.

Kim
Old 02-03-20, 02:34 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I did the balance practice tonight. I don't think anyone posted about that one yet. Not too many stories from Travis in this one, he was really busy instructing. The music was quite invigorating, almost like rock music. I had a hard time getting my mind to focus tonight. I kept watching the clock which I don't like to do.

Balance work is challenging but the practice felt do-able with a few exceptions. Obviously, handstand is not something many people can attain, but I did my kickups like a good girl while everyone was at the wall balancing on their hands.

I didn't do plow or the balance on your shoulders towards the end because they don't feel good on my neck. Pistol, wow, that was hard, but I managed with my hands on blocks. It felt nice to be finished with the practice. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I'm curious what others think.

Kim
Balance is scheduled for me this week! I am in no hurry, LOL. Sounds like it'll be doable for the most part....but UY and Yoga30For30 Balance I find DOABLE for me, I just don't like them as well as the others cause obviously they're something I need to do more of to perfect, LOL.

Kim, Glad to hear you're still enjoying these! I thought Cardio would have been harder for me. Really liked that one, too.
Old 02-09-20, 10:54 AM  
AnMrsDe

I did Balance this morning and like I surmised, it is the least favorite of the set for me. This one really humbled me more than UY or Yoga30For30 Balance classes. A few times after Travis told us what to do, I asked him, "Are you crazy??!" Fifteen min. in, I felt my wrists right away and then I remembered my Bosu pods which helped immensely! A shout out to fanofladyvols for recommending them in our check-in!!

The music was interesting....I liked it but not sure it fit the practice. Travis probably wanted me to remain "uplifted" while I was falling out of the poses, LOL!

Floating table top was doable UNTIL we were instructed to lift one hand off the floor and outstretched. There were variations of half moon with arms interlaced behind your back - actually I liked those and Travis' instructions during Crescent - Warrior 3 - bend standing leg with arms extended and pulsing several times about keeping your top shoulder back helped a lot with the balance. The pistol squat while on toes with one outstretched leg OFF the floor and HELD up was tough! Of course, putting my hands on my pods it was very doable but not touching them or the floor was not going to happen! Iffy knees don't help either!

I know I need to keep trying these to challenge me but honestly, I did not enjoy this one. All the rest I can say I enjoyed trying to perfect them and they left leaving me feeling accomplished & good (except Yin), but my knees and hips were not feeling the best during some of these poses. However, after doing this class, it has inspired me to try UY Balance again and see just how much easier it is after doing this one, LOL!

I tried all the yoga practices now. No doubt about it, Travis' exceptional instructions and great production make this series a "level up" from UY and Yoga30for30 & is an addition to the best I own! So happy I purchased it!!
Old 02-09-20, 11:25 AM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I felt my wrists right away and then I remembered my Bosu pods which helped immensely! A shout out to fanofladyvols for recommending them in our check-in!!
Bosu pods, what a brilliant idea!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
level up 108, travis eliot, travis eliot downloads, travis eliot streaming