Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-17, 10:18 AM  
laurajhawk

I got mine yesterday! The truck breakdown only delayed it one day. I did the Ashtanga primary series yesterday in a special class (how do people do that every day??) so today is rest day and I'll start WS3 tomorrow.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 10:44 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I did (most of) Upper Body today. I’m glad to see her putting out a heavier workout on DVD. This is choreographed and uses some compound moves like her lighter weight workouts. When I lift heavier, I prefer more gym style versus doing different things with each arm while stepping side to side, for example. Also, something more choreographed like this makes it hard to use the appropriate poundage for each exercise. For example, she went straight from bicep curls to tricep kickbacks. No way do I use the same weight for those two exercises. I may or may not try this one again.
Just a comment. I do agree with you. That’s why most people I know who are serious about lifting heavy poo-poo DVDs and are into the gym, paper workouts, CrossFit, etc. I don’t think you have to lift heavy but if you want to really go for it, NROL, etc. may be better options.

Glad people are enjoying these.
Old 11-19-17, 10:47 AM  
daisyfit

Looks like amazon US ship faster than our amazon here. My package has already arrived in Dublin Ireland and will be delivered tomorrow, super fast.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 10:50 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did Total Body today and felt a little bit of what Joni felt with not enough time to switch weights and maybe not the best choices for weights without time to switch. I just went ahead and switched missing maybe one rep but I can see how some people might be annoyed. I doubt I will use her Upper Body one much -- I tend to bulk up quickly when doing much on my upper body so I work it less often and when I do I use pilates-style workouts for upper. I can still lift and haul my 50 pound feedbags though so I'm alright (that's always my measure).

I liked her warm up in Total Body for the upper body -- seemed very light for warming up lower.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 11:12 AM  
Karyn
VF Supporter

I don't have prime and received a surprise notice that Jessica was coming yesterday! She did! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the deliveries but I'm happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
Non-Prime members -- has anyone's order progressed yet? Mine is still languishing at "Not yet shipped". GRR. Usually I don't mind waiting for Amazon's delay to encourage me to purchase their prime membership - but I want my workouts!!!
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 11:25 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
I don't have prime and received a surprise notice that Jessica was coming yesterday! She did! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the deliveries but I'm happy
That's wonderful! Although, I am jealous!!! Enjoy!!!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 11:26 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I ordered mine on Wednesday and it shippped Thursday afternoon. I should receive it this coming Wednesday (I am in Canada). Hope yours ships soon!
Thanks! Me too!!!
Old 11-19-17, 11:31 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I just chatted with Amazon about a totally different order. Just so you know, they “only ship on business days.” Hmmm. Since when?
My last order from Amazon was placed on a Tuesday - they shipped on Friday - with Sunday delivery! I didn't even know there was such a thing as Sunday delivery.

I understand a delay when there are multiple items that they might be combining into one shipment before boxing everything up to ship to me. In this case, it's the only item.

I'm just impatient for my new workouts!! -- really, really impatient!!!
Old 11-19-17, 11:46 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
My last order from Amazon was placed on a Tuesday - they shipped on Friday - with Sunday delivery! I didn't even know there was such a thing as Sunday delivery.

I understand a delay when there are multiple items that they might be combining into one shipment before boxing everything up to ship to me. In this case, it's the only item.

I'm just impatient for my new workouts!! -- really, really impatient!!!
I've had things delivered from Amazon on Sundays before. I think it all depends on where you live and if the item is in a nearby warehouse.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 12:09 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I’ve had lots of things delivered on Sundays, too. It seems weird.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, walk strong 3