Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-17, 10:11 AM  
andtckrtoo

Beachbody On Demand has a 30 day free trial and all of the Hip Hop Abs are on there.
Old 01-27-17, 02:09 PM  
BeChi

I bought them at a second hand store, so for me, Ka-ching! Worth it! I felt like the cat secretly acquiring something from the countertop.

They’re a lot of fun. I especially like Shaun hollering “THAT’S MY JAM!!!” to a Pussycat Doll song. I laugh every time. I think I need to do that workout today!
BeChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 02:22 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeChi View Post
They’re a lot of fun. I especially like Shaun hollering “THAT’S MY JAM!!!” to a Pussycat Doll song. I laugh every time. I think I need to do that workout today!
LOL I agree, I did it two days ago, and it got me laughing again.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 02:23 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
I bought them at a second hand store, so for me, Ka-ching! Worth it! I felt like the cat secretly acquiring something from the countertop.

Are you me? I also got my set second hand & I laugh at that line Every. Single. Time.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 03:23 PM  
Richie

Quote:
I especially like Shaun hollering “THAT’S MY JAM!!!” to a Pussycat Doll song. I laugh every time.
Which workout is that in?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 05:04 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Which workout is that in?
No BeChi, but it is the HHA Level 1 Fat Burning Cardio workout, hth.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 10:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I really like HHA; I was lucky to find both the first and second set at used book sales. I'm not a BB person either and I don't do rotations, but I like Shaun T. I had his Rockin' Body, but I didn't like the stage set, and I didn't find the movies enjoyable. HHA fits me perfectly cardio-wise--the choreo is basic yet interesting, it moves quickly without being rushed, and it's easy to learn without being repetitive (you run through segments a few times, but there's no TIFTTing). I think Shaun did an excellent job of creating workout moves that are varied and interested, intense, yet low-impact.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 10:47 PM  
smilesolovely

I haven't tried the original set, but I did purchase HHA Xtreme from Mary. This one is more advanced. Reminds me of a slightly lower version of Insanity. Great cardio/abs workout!
Old 01-28-17, 04:32 AM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
No BeChi, but it is the HHA Level 1 Fat Burning Cardio workout, hth.
Thank you!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 10:24 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
I haven't tried the original set, but I did purchase HHA Xtreme from Mary. This one is more advanced. Reminds me of a slightly lower version of Insanity. Great cardio/abs workout!
Kinda reviving an older thread from a few months ago... My library had HHA Extreme and I decided to try it (never had any Shaun T experience before). I loooooooooooooooved it - so much fun!!!! Just the right intensity - not puke in the bucket athletic drills, but fun cardio that kept my heart rate up and I was dripping buckets of sweat while having tons of fun! I have two left feet and the moves were easy enough for me to pick up.

A friend of mine happened to have HHA2 and Rockin' Body so I was so excited when she let me borrow them (because you know I was going to go on a Shaun T shopping spree otherwise). Well, I was just ho-hum on these and even Joni-O'ed a few. The intensity and fun factor was just not there for me.

But HHA Extreme is a rare gem! It's a free gift if you order HHA from Mary/BB, but I didn't want the original set based on HHA2. I finally paid the piper and ordered it from BB. I have been doing the workouts almost daily until it goes back to the library just because it's soooooooo much fun! I hope my copy gets here soon because I'll be having major Shaun T withdrawals! lol
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hha, hip hop abs, rockin' body, shaun t