Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-16, 06:19 PM  
pgun3

elliptical recommendations

Looking for recommendations for good ellipticals. I need something for knees and feet. Need to lose some weight.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 08:49 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have a Nordic Track. It depends on your budget of course, but the Nordic Track brand at Sears is a good quality, mid priced brand. I have had mine about 9 years. I also have a NT treadmill. They always have a good sale in January, if you can wait that long.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:41 PM  
LAC

Here is a link to Treadmill Doctor Elliptical Best Buys for 2016 with recommendations at several different price points: https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/best...rds-elliptical

The one thing I found really important when I bought mine last fall was trying out several different models in person as they really do all feel different. I went to Sears and to Dick Sporting Goods and also to a specialty fitness store that carried some brands that weren't available at the other two places.

I ended up getting a Life Fitness E1 Track. Very sturdy, very quiet, lots of built in programs. It is also really easy to get on & off because it is pretty low to the ground. The only thing it doesn't have that I now kind of miss is an incline feature.

Happy shopping!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 03:33 AM  
pgun3

thanks Superfit41 and LAC!! I did try Dicks Sporting goods in a mall and the store was pretty large but I did not see 1 piece of fitness equipment like stationary bikes, only weights!!! There is another in the same city on the other side of town will look there!! And I forgot about Sears having equipment!

Not sure if I should wait til January! I am ballooning up! Need to work on my eating too but I have gotten out of exercise for way too long which is NOT helping.

Thanks for the link LAC. I just googled but it's so overwhelming.
Old 09-30-16, 12:49 PM  
joanna33

I love my sole....has multiple resistance and incline settings. Adjustable pedals to fit different leg lengths. Sturdy. It's a e65..... or " something 65"... I'm drawing a blank
Old 09-30-16, 02:26 PM  
snapfish45

We just purchased a used Life Fitness model 91xi. It is a professional model that was used in a gym. If you search eBay or Craigslist, sometimes you can find dealers that sell the used models. There are usually a 3 year lease in gyms, hotels, cruise boats, etc. so there are plenty around. We also purchased a treadmill this way a few years back.

We paid $750.00 for our elliptical. They were advertised for $950, but we made an offer of $750.00 and they accepted. It is nice and smooth. DH uses it every day. I use it a lot, but I do a lot of other workouts as well.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 09:25 PM  
pgun3

Thanks Joanna22 and snapfish45! I am going hunting for a machine this weekend!
Old 10-01-16, 08:22 AM  
Jewels5

I have a Life Fitness elliptical. It's great, although if I had to buy all over again I would go with a less expensive one since it rarely gets used.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 05:54 PM  
red1013

I have this Precor elliptical that I bought in 2007:

http://www.precor.com/sites/precor.c...it_0506_EN.pdf

I use it several times a week, it has been a great investment for me. It has 20 levels of resistance and 20 different incline levels, it also comes with lots of different programs or I just make my own.

I have the one without the movable arms, I was very adamant about not wanting that feature.

I bought mine at Push Pedal Pull. I was able to try several ellipticals for as long as I liked, they delivered, and they also provide service (I've only needed service once, and they were great).
Old 10-01-16, 06:54 PM  
pgun3

Ok I ended up purchasing this elliptical. Thanks for all the the help!

http://www.sears.com/nordictrack-eli...000P?rrec=true