Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-16, 12:56 PM  
joanna33

I bit. I'll let ya know
Old 03-13-16, 09:51 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
That does look tempting. I'd love a little more dance cardio.
I found a short 39 min dance cardio plus arm toning and floorwork on youtube and just did it. The toning work was not particularly challenging for me because I've done Margaret Richard's high rep workouts for years. The choreography was easy and my heart rate went up. I only modified for the one legged hops as I don't trust my rug to stay put. Still it was fun and time flew by.

I imagine the 'official' DVD would be more challenging especially if Aniston found it so and she's in great shape. There is a clip on her website. She uses resistance bands which I don't want to buy plus I got spooked when that senator blinded himself in one eye when his snapped. I might be able to modify with ankle weights and dumbbells. On the fence now. I've been craving something new but just found out the new Margaret Richard DVD has finally shipped so that may satisfy me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Xyb2h_KHo
Old 03-14-16, 01:43 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Here is a link that talks about the DVD and compares it to the free youtube link.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=Simone

Jennifer probably goes to her classes and maybe she goes to one that only has the sculpting segments. When I did the free youtube clip, I didn't find the sculpting segments difficult or revolutionary. They were short though since she was trying to fit cardio and sculpting in a 40 minute workout.
Old 03-15-16, 12:40 PM  
acey

I just did the Body By Simone workouts in this past week. I really liked them, especially the dance cardio!

While she definitely has a TA feel in some ways (a series of short combinations per song), I prefer her cuing (she actually cues while you do, instead of you having to just watch and pick up the moves, or else preview them in advance). She reminds me of Tracy Mallett, also.

The music is motivating. The women remind of me of Robert Plant's backup singers in the video "Addicted To Love" in their almost-scary perfect looks and tied-back hair, but they're fun to watch and seem to be enjoying themselves.

The full body workout has just 3 short songs' worth of cardio, a light-weight upper body section, a brief standing pilates-esque section and 20 minutes of tough floorwork - lots of work on your hands and knees. I found it to be solid intermediate with no dread factor.

So yeah, now I'm a fan.
Old 03-16-16, 01:19 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

acey, thanks for reminding me that I did think Simone was a good cuer during the cardio segments when I tried her youtube clip.

Tags
body by simone, jennifer anniston