Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-11, 01:58 PM  
juberann

We're going on a little vacation here, leaving next week and will be gone for the 4th of July and that entire week. I am packing a resistance band (actually two of them of different resistance) and Cathe's Travel Fit workout, that's it, I'm good to go combined with all the walking I plan to do.
So, I agree, resistance bands and/or tubing is the way to go
Old 06-24-11, 02:26 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergal23 View Post
<snip>
Several years ago I worked in Germany for a while. I decided to lug my Firm "death box" with me. When I got there, my duffle bag with the "death box" in it got stuck at the top of an escalator. I started to take a nasty tumble down, but luckily a guy stopped me No more taking any bulky or heavy exercise equipment with me ever again
Even when encased in a duffel bag, the "death box" once again almost lives up to its name!

Bands are great to travel with. (I take a kettlebell if traveling by car, but that would not work for your European vacation!) Everyone has given great suggestions about bodyweight exercises, too. If traveling through Europe, I think I'd get my cardio by taking brisk walks - see the sights!

Have a great trip - it sounds wonderful.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 02:42 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=soccergal23;1835513]
I'm going to be traveling around Europe for three weeks with students. We're in a different hotel or guest house every 2-3 nights. Only about half of the hotels have weights. I'm definitely bringing the PF cardio DVDs, but I'm worried about annoying anyone in the rooms below me. So, I may have to do alternatives for the cardio, too.

Several years ago I worked in Germany for a while. I decided to lug my Firm "death box" with me. When I got there, my duffle bag with the "death box" in it got stuck at the top of an escalator. I started to take a nasty tumble down, but luckily a guy stopped me No more taking any bulky or heavy exercise equipment with me ever again[/QUOTE

That's a scary story My suggestion is for the resistance bands also because weight workouts can be modified. I enjoy Travelfit as well. It gets a nice burn going especially in those smaller assisting muscles!

In terms of non- noisy cardio, Charlene and Leslie would be my pick because they're low impact. There also hopefully will be something in Cathe's new offerings suitable for traveling.

Tags
travel, travelling