Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-16, 06:01 PM  
lorajc

Have you Lost Weight Bouncing Rebounder?

As many of you know, I'm a cardio hater trying to lose weight. However, I was thinking. One thing I could do is bound lightly on my Rebounder at night while watching tv sometimes .....would be good for my injuries, arthritic toe and such too. Has anyone ever lost weight just from adding this in?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 06:12 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I don't need to lose any weight, but I do love to rebound. The problem is that it's very hard for me to get my heart rate up, so I never depend on it for my cardio workout.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 07:54 PM  
Buzzer

I don't know about losing weight, but I do know I HATE cardio and love my rebounder! I can get my heart rate up by doing the Insanity workouts on the rebounder. I push down into the rebounder instead of bouncing up and that helps me to go faster and gets my HR up.
I will jog on my rebounder (again, pushing down instead of bouncing up) and find my core gets a good workout doing that.
I think I am counting it towards steps in the day and movement. I'm not sure if it will help me lose weight, but it isn't hurting anything and I enjoy it!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 06:16 PM  
lorajc

I thought I remember some peeps doing light Bouncing and loosing, no? Good for the lymmph system, etc.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 07:36 PM  
Lannette

I haven't had mine very long but honestly feel that what I eat is more likely to keep me at a good weight than exercise is.

That said, I find there is absolutely no dread with my Bellicon. I've used it almost daily since receiving it. I mostly Freebound, which is my term for rebounding while watching a movie, listening to music, or a pod cast, etc.

Excellent investment!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 08:24 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Bouncing ....

I have to say (hoping not to go over guidelines here) ... that it's 95% food and 5% workout. Or some say 80/20 whatever ... I think the food part plays heavily into the equation.

I have lost weight ... I am bouncing both morning and night on most days (since I got my Bellicon). But that leads me to .... am I losing from the step count and being more consistent with exercise? Or is it from Weight Watchers? or is it from a Diet Challenge (for $$?) that I am participating in? Or the fact that I'm adding OTHER workouts in besides the Bellicon?? Or are the winds blowing in the right direction with the stars aligned? I don't know !!!!

But for the first time in a long time - I've been consistent and I am simply loving life! Bouncing away. I feel it gets rid of my lactic acid build up. I feel it's great. I feel like I'm bouncing off my whatever ... (fill in the blank - cellulite, fat, cells, or just mind over matter and that's ok too - cuz I FEEL and THINK it's doing me good.) ... And it's FUN.

They say the best exercise is the one you'll keep doing. So for now? My exercise of choice? IS BOUNCING .... Long winded way to say: I don't know! Your mileage may vary! But like the above poster - BEST investment I've made for myself in I don't know how long.

Yep ... that's me.
Cleda

Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 09:14 PM  
rhbrand

I've got to agree. Mostly its what I eat and how much I eat, and less what I do as long as I'm moving some. Doesn't matter as much what workouts I do, as long as I am eating with in the calorie/macro range I found works best for me.
Old 01-14-16, 09:32 AM  
upperwside

I bounce daily at some point during the day.. I think helps to maintain my weight a bit.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 09:40 AM  
antbuko

I agree that it's more about food consumption than exercise, but I do believe that exercise helps to accelerate weight loss when dieting.
Old 01-14-16, 09:43 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I've got to agree. Mostly its what I eat and how much I eat, and less what I do as long as I'm moving some. Doesn't matter as much what workouts I do, as long as I am eating with in the calorie/macro range I found works best for me.
This
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounder and weight loss, rebounder for weight loss, rebounding