Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-13, 06:31 PM  
EllenU
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsmom View Post
Ok Now I'm not so excited. They are all purple backed. Has anyone else received DVD-R's??? I'm going to email them about it.
spudsmom, I too received a set of purple-backed DVD-Rs. I phoned the Overland Park location (785-766-7239) last Thursday and spoke with Sadie. She was very nice and said the DVD-Rs were sent to me by mistake. I emailed her my order confirmation and delivery info. I have already received my replacement set of pressed DVDs. I'm pleased with the customer service I received.
Old 05-15-13, 06:54 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I used my hands on two yoga blocks to elevate me a bit during the part where you squat and pass your leg through, it worked a lot better for me, but I've got a lot of room to grow there. I can't wait to get good at that and impress my friends

I wish these women could cue better. They confuse me with their left/right talk (I just can't work opposite to them when they're facing me) and then when they are facing sideways I can face the same direction and mirror them, but then they turn around to the other side 10 minutes later and I can't remember what leg I worked last time. It's maddening!

Next up: Tabata and Toning on Friday. Oh my goodness. I'm just going to do the best I can, right?
Thanks for the idea to use the yoga blocks! I had a real hard time with that one move.

It is so easy to mix up legs with these workouts. I always work the opposite leg when they are facing me, but work the leg they cue when we are sideways, that way my leg gets a little break.

Tabata & Toning is a tough little workout, but I liked it.

Good luck! Just do your best and go at your own pace. That is all we can do!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 08:40 PM  
keb's mom

I did Bikini Bootcamp this morning and it felt frantic to me. What was the big rush? She encourages you to squat deeper but then goes at a manic pace. I finally just slowed down a bit to get better range of motion even if I had to miss a few reps. The original Dream Body workout didn't even feel as frantic as this one

Maria
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 08:59 PM  
Yelly

Well, today was Tabata and Toning for me, and I have to say - it was tough, but it was my favorite I'm not sure why it was my favorite, but I really liked it. Gosh, I'm really excited about these workouts now! I've now done every single one, so now it'll just be me trying to get better and better at them. I'm really happy I have these to use as my summer workouts

It was funny, because I did my TA workout right after this one, and Tracy's 3 pound weights actually felt HEAVY, ha ha!

As far as mixing up which leg I'm on, I just do what someone else mentioned up thread - I always do the side they cue, just like in yoga. I'm kind of used to that from doing yoga, so it's not too confusing, but I used to always have to mirror their image too. Their cuing could definitely be better. Overall, this is a very good set - WELL worth the $50. They do have some things to learn as video instructors and modifyers, but in general these do what I want them to do - they work my butt off. That's all I ask, and for that they do deliver. If they could just work out a few kinks before the next set, it would be perfect
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 09:28 PM  
koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb's mom View Post
I did Bikini Bootcamp this morning and it felt frantic to me. What was the big rush? She encourages you to squat deeper but then goes at a manic pace. I finally just slowed down a bit to get better range of motion even if I had to miss a few reps. The original Dream Body workout didn't even feel as frantic as this one

Maria
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I don't understand the rush. It took the fun out of the workout for me. Maybe by going faster you burn 700 calories like they promised?
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 07:12 AM  
Rhonda

I may have to put these aside or only do one a week. Ever since I added these in my knees have been really sore. Nothing else has changed so my guess it is these workouts causing the soreness and really I don't need to have sore knees.

The workout yesterday I am sore from in my inner thighs. This is the first time I have been sore at all from these workouts. It was the 45 minute fusion one using the stability ball at the end.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 08:48 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I don't understand the rush. It took the fun out of the workout for me. Maybe by going faster you burn 700 calories like they promised?

These were my thoughts exactly. Where are we rushing to? I liked the workouts themselves but not the speed. I could find no justification for moving so quickly. Yes it took the fun out of the workout for me too. I returned them.
That is not so say I won't be checking out the new ones coming out.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 09:32 AM  
thaispice

I am embarrassed to say that I still haven't broken the wrapper on my set yet.

I have 2 questions:

1. What's the diameter of the "playground ball" that these workouts use? I was wondering whether I could buy any ball that is that size, instead of getting a specialized Pilates ball.

2. How would you compare the intensity of the original vs. the new Fusion workouts? I just did the original this morning and it was exhausting as usual. I had to take lots of breaks.

Thanks in advance for your input!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 09:50 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I finally opened my set this morning. I did Bikini Bootcamp. I enjoyed it because I went at my own pace. I'm glad that I read this thread first. They go at a lightening speed. The workout would have been much better if they slowed it down. I especially enjoyed the fact that there was no equipment to pull out. Well, only my mat for the floor work. I'm still a little scared of the others but I will work from easiest to hardest.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 11:51 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

Just wanted to rave about their customer service as well! I ended up with a DVD-R set so I sent them an email. They responded right away to let me know they were sorry and were putting another set in the mail for me.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua