Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-09, 10:44 AM  
cherimac

Daisyduke, I completely get what you're saying. It's true for me as well. Heavy weights plus intense cardio gave me a starvation feeling, whereas lower intensity cardio(mostly, I do some of the other stuff) and high rep/low weight doesn't. And, wearing my HR moniter with SS, I find I'm in a good fat-burning zone most of the workout.

And, P.S. Congrats on the baby!
Old 06-22-09, 01:19 PM  
Rhonda

DaisyDuke
How are you rotating the workouts? I did get results with SS but only last 3 weeks as I was bored and my body felt tired.

Thanks
Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 01:53 PM  
SHANI

I envy those who can keep up with ss rotation.
For me, it's too much weight training to do day after day. and I defenitly can't add cardio after such a long workouts.
I wonder if you also get a result by doing this tapes 3 times a week,rather than 5.
SHANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 02:13 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANI View Post
I envy those who can keep up with ss rotation.
For me, it's too much weight training to do day after day. and I defenitly can't add cardio after such a long workouts.
I wonder if you also get a result by doing this tapes 3 times a week,rather than 5.
I would think 3 times a week is enough! Especially if you interspersed with a couple of cardio days...

Well that confirms it, I am truly the freak vidiot in this crowd... I really don't mind the music! I mean, I wouldn't listen to it on my Ipod anytime soon, but it doesn't bother me working out.
Old 06-22-09, 02:23 PM  
daisyduke

Cheri - Thank you! I totally understand what you are saying. I always find I'm in my heartrate zone while doing SS. I think the workouts are great.

Rhonda - I usually do a SS video one day and then run 8 miles the next. Then I pick another SS video the next day and then run the next. I keep doing this. Sometimes I combine two SS videos (because I'm pregnant I can't do the floor work from Firm It Up so I added the standing portion of Mix It Up on the same day as well). Sometimes I add in some of the interval workouts from CLX as well. They are very endurance based and come in handy when I have to cut too much floor work out of my Slim Series workout (like Shape It Up). I always like to work out for a little over an hour.

I find doing it this way allows my muscles to recover, and I really look forward to each workout. When I was doing SS everyday I would cringe at the thought of doing the next workout the next day. Likewise when I was running I was dreading the thought of a run. Now I love having something totally different to look forward to.

Shani- Usually I only do 3 or 4 SS workouts per week (3 days of running, 3 days of SS, one day rest), and I am getting great results. Some days I do combine two SS workouts because I have to cut most of the floorwork out because I'm 7.5 months pregnant. I think you can definitely get great results this way.

I wish I could upload my pictures to show you the difference between my results from CLX and SS and running. It says that my photo files are too large - what can I do to make them smaller?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 09:12 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Well that confirms it, I am truly the freak vidiot in this crowd... I really don't mind the music! I mean, I wouldn't listen to it on my Ipod anytime soon, but it doesn't bother me working out.
I don't mind the music in SS either but I usually don't notice music much in any workout. It would have to be really, really horrible to bother me.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:00 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I don't mind the Slim Series/Slim in 6 music either. I don't know why it works well for me. I just know that it does.
Old 06-23-09, 06:31 AM  
Snuckles

Waaaaah, I traded away my slim series, waaaaah now I want it back.

Music never bothered me, the only think that really bothered me was the length of these workouts which allowed me to trade them . . . but now, I think I want them back.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 07:01 AM  
sundari

I had good results when I did SS alternating it with cardio. 3 days of different SS workouts and 3 days of different types of cardio with 1 rest day.

I didn't feel hungry or overtrained.
Old 06-23-09, 04:47 PM  
GMonkey

I'm doing TLT every other day with a rather random selection of my dvds the other days. So, one day per week I do a different SS. I can see how they can be effective, which is the only reason why I'm doing them, but ugh, I have major dread factor because they are so boring. I'm also doing them because I can handle them while I recover from my knee injury. I don't do the squats, lunges, or plies. Instead, I'm doing leg lifts in all directions.
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim series, slim series music, slim series success