Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-09, 08:22 PM  
ella

A question for anyone who uses shakeology...are there ever any sales/discounts on shakeology?
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 04:41 AM  
jhsimpson

Shakeology discounts

Ella

First off let me start off by stating that I am a 'customer' and not an commissioned reseller (known by Team BeachBody as a 'Coach') of their products.

BeachBody, Team BeachBody and it's parent company Product Partners LLC is in the Network Marketing business using a commission structure with similarities to other companies. What I'm trying to say is a product's pricing is for the most part 'static' as various chunks are used to pay the commissions.

Shakeology @ 120 bucks a bag will break down probably like this: 50% of the price is most likely being broken down to the 'coach's' commission (they get 25%) a team bonus allocation (5-10%) and the residual is probably comsumed with Shipping and Handling and warehouse storage (15% - 20%). The other 50% is probably heading to TeamBeachbody for their operations and manufacturing of the powdered 'magical dirt'

Remember that Shakeology is a Team Beachbody only product that is not offered on the regular BeachBody website so only a 'coach' can middleman this transaction so there always is their commission!

Now the incentives (I guess you could call them discounts) are to join the TeamBeachbody Club where you receive a 10% reduction in pricing on most all items. The catch is there is a membership fee to participate in the 'Club' (155.88/y). This may be advantageous of you assuming you spend 1558.80 or more in product purchases. You have broken even on your membership fees (heck the big box store memberships or the preferred customer program at the book store is cheaper). Even being a 'club' member your fees/purchases are generating commissions to your assigned 'coach'

Finally there is the 'COACH' program where you sign on to be an INDEPENDENT RESELLER (middle man fencer) for TeamBeachBody products. There are a few strings (obligations) involved. 40 bucks to sign on and a recurring 15 bucks to continue to be active each month to ensure you maintain your status. That is what I call the baseline of $205 (40+165/y) so you can get any purchases at a 25% discount from list price. So per year you need to plunk down more than $820 to break even.

"But wait there's more" (my homage to Billy Mays)

Once a coach there are enticements to hit ranks: 'Coal' - Emerald - Ruby - Diamond and the pinnacle level of "Molly Shannon - SUPERSTAR NOVA"

So recruit (pimp) to your hearts desire that TeamBeachbody is your religion and assemble your down-line (suckers) to drink the Kool-Aid (Shakeology)

Cheers,

-JS-

If this post gets blown away - So Sorry - I was in a comedic mood!

Honestly, do some research on the boards and pull the Ingredient List from the product. You may surprise yourself and figure out that you can create you own 'Shake-o-logy' by hitting the whole food or supplement/vitamin stores.
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 06:31 AM  
fit44

I just wanted to give my review of the green berry flavor of Shakeology.
In a word- YUCK! It tastes like grass. It is so disgusting I had to dump it. Money lost for me because you couldn't pay me $120 to drink it!
Gross, gross, gross.

I found Biochem Sports 100% Berries & Whey Berry shake that has similar ingredients, costs a lot less, and tastes great.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 07:02 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
In a word- YUCK! It tastes like grass. It is so disgusting I had to dump it. Money lost for me because you couldn't pay me $120 to drink it!
Gross, gross, gross.

I found Biochem Sports 100% Berries & Whey Berry shake that has similar ingredients, costs a lot less, and tastes great.

Cynthia,

You can return it to BB. You'll be out postage both ways, but you'll get your $120 back at least. If you email your coach, she'll tell you what to do.

Thanks also for tip re: Biochem Sports shake!

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 07:18 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsimpson View Post
So recruit (pimp) to your hearts desire that TeamBeachbody is your religion and assemble your down-line (suckers) to drink the Kool-Aid (Shakeology)
LOL!

I'm actually surprised to see how many people of fitness boards are enticed by this ridiculously overpriced protein powder. There must be a lot of hype for this stuff. Where is the hype coming from? Is there an infomercial? Popular blog? Ads? Just curious.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 08:23 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
LOL!

I'm actually surprised to see how many people of fitness boards are enticed by this ridiculously overpriced protein powder. There must be a lot of hype for this stuff. Where is the hype coming from? Is there an infomercial? Popular blog? Ads? Just curious.

It's all over the BB blogs and forums. I was impressed with the ingredients, but what made me want to try it was all the rave reviews about the flavor. I don't use shakes as a meal replacement, but more as a quick snack everyday. If I had loved the flavor I would have gladly spent the money. Overpriced? Sure. But I know countless people who spend the same amount of money every month eating fast food.
Old 07-28-09, 09:39 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Gross, gross, gross.
I actually LOVED Greenberry! That said, I've been trying green powders for a long time now, and they are truly HORRID. The fact that Greenberry was more than tolerable made it AWESOME for me. I'd suggest you steer VERY clear of any of the other green-based supplements out there if you thought Greenberry was bad. You ain't seen NOTHING yet!

I've been making my own using a berry supp, a green supp, fiber and protein powder. It tastes gross and it's inconvenient (4 things to measure and toss in my blender - sure, it's doable, but it's a PIA). I might just suck up the price of the Shakeology and start getting it on HD when I use up all my other ingredients - the convenience alone is almost worth it to me, and add yummy to the mix, and I'm nearly convinced it's not a bad idea for me.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 09:47 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
I actually LOVED Greenberry! That said, I've been trying green powders for a long time now, and they are truly HORRID. The fact that Greenberry was more than tolerable made it AWESOME for me. I'd suggest you steer VERY clear of any of the other green-based supplements out there if you thought Greenberry was bad. You ain't seen NOTHING yet!
Actually, I've been using Greens + Berry Burst and it is not bad at all. It has a nice sweet berry taste. It's a pricey supplement so the Shakeology price wasn't a huge sticker shock for me.
I will admit that I do not add my greens+ to my shakes because I think it ruins the taste. I look forward to my fruit/protein smoothies. They are real treat for and my very much needed daily sweet fix.
I mix the greens + in water and gulp it down but the berry burst does not have the grassy taste like the Shakeolgy. YUCK!
Old 07-28-09, 10:24 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
It's all over the BB blogs and forums.
Ah.

I sure am glad you can get your money back.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 11:53 AM  
desderata

I second the greens+ berry burst. It has awesome ingredients and it does not taste like grass. I'm not saying I enjoy the taste, and I do try to slam it down, but it tastes far better than any other greens supplement I have tried.

Shakeology -- does seem like a great, convenient idea for a supplement, but the cost is outrageous.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote