Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-09, 08:01 PM  
ella

Is anyone still using this? I was wondering how the two flavors are - chocolate or Greenberry? I know it is expensive but the ingredient list was impressive (to me, at least.)
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 08:08 PM  
ladybug79

I use chocolate. I tried greenberry and couldn't get into it AT ALL! It was like drinking a flintstone vitamin. But I do like the chocolate. I mix it with milk and cold coffee (cannot use hot coffee--the powers that be say it is a no-no ). I will say--I have not noticed any changes in anything except my energy level and my nails. My energy is much improved and my nails are stronger/look better. But as to improved digestion, weight loss and all that...nadda. YMMV but that has been my experience. Many others have noticed weight loss and improved digestion.
ladybug79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 08:10 AM  
TerryMia

I make my own version of the "Green Goddess" recipe I found online. In my blender, I mix a whole bag of fresh spinach, a scoop of whey vanilla protein powder, a cup of vanilla soy milk, a cup of blueberry pomegranite juice, fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, a banana, an avocado, a half cup of honey, and ice. I split it, with either my DH or with my friend who's been coming over to workout with me, post workout in the mornings. I'm guessing the calorie count is a bit high, but I'm not hungry for half a day after drinking this, plus I've got a lot of energy, plus the thing is just delicious!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 08:53 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia View Post
I make my own version of the "Green Goddess" recipe I found online. In my blender, I mix a whole bag of fresh spinach, a scoop of whey vanilla protein powder, a cup of vanilla soy milk, a cup of blueberry pomegranite juice, fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, a banana, an avocado, a half cup of honey, and ice. I split it, with either my DH or with my friend who's been coming over to workout with me, post workout in the mornings. I'm guessing the calorie count is a bit high, but I'm not hungry for half a day after drinking this, plus I've got a lot of energy, plus the thing is just delicious!
OMG, that sounds SO GOOD!!!!!! I'm going to have to try this.

Re: Shakeology. I got a berry powder as well as a greens powder from MetRX (I think?) and I mix those with my regular protein powder to make a cheaper (MUCH cheaper!) version of Shakeology. I will admit that my homemade version isn't nearly as tasty as the original (I loved Greenberry), but at roughly 1/2 the price (even with my coach discount), I can deal.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 11:15 AM  
lindseylu8

I really wanted to try Shakeology for the energy boost, but it is just too expensive to validate. So, I have been making my own version as well (though Ive never tried Shakeology, so I could be way off in thinking this could be comparable )

chocolate protien powder
whole flax seed
spinach
wheat grass
espresso over ice
small banana
a bit of the green Greens To Go (I got it at Costco)
water

blended up in my magic bullet. It actually tastes really good! Yum.

ETA: to delete wheat germ and add wheat grass-which is actually what I use

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 11:37 AM  
fit44

I broke down and ordered the GreenBerry flavor.
My coach said her kids even like the taste so I caved I wanted to use while I'm doing Insanity and cutting calories for a beach vacation in 3 weeks.

Someone posted shakeology results on the ya ya board. I think she said her cholesterol was over 200 and dropped to 137.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 12:01 AM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post

Someone posted shakeology results on the ya ya board. I think she said her cholesterol was over 200 and dropped to 137.
The OP is a coach and it seemed a bit odd that she would be touting her own results vs. the results of a nonbiased consumer.
Old 07-17-09, 06:32 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by weighttrain View Post
The OP is a coach and it seemed a bit odd that she would be touting her own results vs. the results of a nonbiased consumer.

Oh. Got it.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 07:41 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
OMG, that sounds SO GOOD!!!!!! I'm going to have to try this.
Me too! I have a bag of fresh spinach in my fridge. I need to buy avocados. They do make my smoothies so creamy and good!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 07:58 AM  
kat_b

Try it with mangos and Almond Milk. YUM. I joined a CSA this year and had a TON of spinach in the spring and started making these daily. (I added Berry Green instead of Greens to Go). They kill sugar cravings for me, too.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote