Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-09, 09:46 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I saw the preview of Amy's workouts at Collage

And I'm not impressed with her kickboxing form! It's as bad as it was in Kickbox Extreme, not to mention the pace of the workout makes it difficult to set up for the kicks. I saw some improvement with her form in In the Ring and Hi/Lo Knockout, and I know she's been taking martial arts classes at a Dojo in CT, but all that extra training isn't showing up on this workout. It's kind of disappointing because I wanted to get this workout since I love her other stuff, but her form is turning me off.

Yeah, I'm being picky, but I've been doing a lot of Ilaria lately, and now that I know how things should be done, I've become more critical of those who don't do it right.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 10:31 AM  
cmiyachi

I'm no kickboxing expert but I love her kickbox workouts! She has become my favorite cardio (hi-lo, kickbox, and step) teacher.

KCM has superb form from what I can tell.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 10:52 AM  
adrien_73

I am not saying this in relation to Amy's form, but I simply CANNOT follow her moves & cues. I have tried, but I just can't.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 11:15 AM  
caligurl

i love amy's kickbox.... but then.... i've only done cathes (snoozefest)... KCM... who's i love... and amy's.... so what do i know!?

hmmmmmmmmmmm expected the 22 according to collage... so we should have these next week or so? off to check amy's forum to see if there's any info on ship date!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 11:26 AM  
Michal

Love Amy's Kickbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiyachi
I'm no kickboxing expert but I love her kickbox workouts! She has become my favorite cardio (hi-lo, kickbox, and step) teacher.

KCM has superb form from what I can tell.
Ditto. I can also take these workouts on trips since there is no equipment required. I liked Kickbox Extreme so much it helped me put more cardio in my workouts (previously just did step). There was never a Hi-Lo workout I liked until I tried Amy's dvds.
Michal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 12:21 PM  
Debbie M

I love Amy's personality and I find her a motivating instructor but I have long given up on her cardio (speed, complexity, poor cueing, impact).

I sold everything she released last year other than Rumble. Rumble is her closest to true kickboxing (like my favorite Powerstrike), but it suffered from the distracting ill modifier and could have had more intensity (not impact or speed, but combo intensity).

I still have to weed out my Amy's and sell HLX and KBX.

I used to be OCD about having everything released by instructors I love, but now I have learned that I can take what I like and leave the rest.

I love all of Amy's strength workouts and her Abs/Stretch workout is one of the best for containing an abundance of functional planks and rotational/diagonal moves with minimal crunch variations.

I love AP, APX, Slo-Mo, Hi/Lo Dome (mainly for the BOSU/Woody Bag work but the hi/lo is easier to follow than her others for me) Abs & Stretch, Rumble, Bootcamp and the strength portions of her Cardio Pump workouts.

I pre-ordered her Kettlebell Dynamics (although early reviews based on the clip don't sound promising) and am excited about this years entire line up of strength (Drop Set Dynamics, Lower Body Dynamics and Upper Body Dynamics) and less frantic (hopefully) low impact cardio such as Dome Dynamics and Hip Hop Walk Dynamics. How complex can a BOSU or walk workout be?

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 01:13 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73
I am not saying this in relation to Amy's form, but I simply CANNOT follow her moves & cues. I have tried, but I just can't.
I've felt that way about her kickboxing workouts (never tried Rumble). Even watching the preview of this newest one, she cues either on or just after the move.

I thought I was taking a huge chance by purchasing ASC3, but her cueing, for the most part, is very different on that one. She cued ahead, a move at a time, and I was able to do it!

I'm very cautious with purchasing Amy's cardio workouts. I'm glad I didn't pre-order the kickboxing one.
Old 04-16-09, 01:24 PM  
Rhonda

I don't care for Amy's cardio and actually only have one strength workout from her.

I watched the clip of her Kbell one and that didn't interest me at all. The jacks and swinging the KBell and then running and swinging. It looked like a injury waiting to happen. JMO.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 01:27 PM  
ladysaraii

I liked KBX and ITR from her, only done the Rumble WU and I love her kickboxing. I just learn to adjust my form. I pre-ordered and cant wait to try it

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 02:31 PM  
lizf22

One of the reasons I love Amy's cardio (step and hi/lo) is exactly because she doesn't cue too much. After pulling out the dvd time and time again I dread break downs like Cathe does (I do like Cathe though, just have to be in the mood). It's like 'I know it already just move on'!!

I preordered the CIA w/o but not Kettlebell Dynamics, I do not like how she is swinging those bells around!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

When you grow on the inside, you shrink on the outside.
lizf22 is offline   Reply With Quote